Media Leon Edwards downplays Belal matchup: 'Nah, there are definitely other options!'

Shavkat is 18-0. Belal is 23-3 and has lost multiple times in the promotion.

I don't see why Belal should get the shot to "make it a legitimate sport" considering no one considers him a better fighter than the undefeated guy. People are talking like Shavkat is 3-0.

Plus the first Belal fight was going down a similar trajectory to most of Edwards other fights, opens up a sizeable lead and then probably fades late holding on for a points win. The Brady fight was poor evidence to the contrary, Brady's cardio looked shit in that fight.

We might as well accept it. Ian machado will be getting the next shot if he gets past neal. Biggest mouth. There is a beef and storyline. This sport is getting nuts.

Yea, there's only one other realistic option, and frankly, I don't think Leon would like it.

I imagine that Ali will call Dana and get Belal thrown in.

You'd think Leon would be willing to give Belal a shot after sitting out so long to get his title shot

Shavkat is 18-0. Belal is 23-3 and has lost multiple times in the promotion.

I don't see why Belal should get the shot to "make it a legitimate sport" considering no one considers him a better fighter than the undefeated guy. People are talking like Shavkat is 3-0.

Plus the first Belal fight was going down a similar trajectory to most of Edwards other fights, opens up a sizeable lead and then probably fades late holding on for a points win. The Brady fight was poor evidence to the contrary, Brady's cardio looked shit in that fight.

Fuckin guy is on a 9 fight win streak, that's how sir.

Back