Media Leon Edwards downplays Belal matchup: 'Nah, there are definitely other options!'

I think it’s better that champions don’t do any call outs or pick preferred names. Their job is to defend the belt and fight who ever they put in front of them. Challengers should try to call out better fights for them selves.

that's not what Leon did here tho

Make Leon fight Shavkat and let's get rid of this boring ass dude.

I'm assuming that's one of the options leon is talking about.

Anyways, Leon will fight who the ufc asks him to fight. Leon downplayed the possibility of fighting Colby, then ended up fighting him next

Even Leon knows that Ari Emanuel will never give a Palestinian like Belal a title shot in this current political climate

Other options that Leon is referring too is Shavkat and other fighters in the Top 10

Unless Belal can convince Ari to give him a title shot, it will never happen

What are the other options? Shavkat or Islam I assume. Belal has a good chance but cmon Leon ain't ducking him cause he's scared. It's all about money. Belal is unfortunately last choice not only for Leon but also the UFC.

Leon also said he wanted to fight Strickland for the belt soo..

Leon is a great fighter but Belal has earned his way to his time in the sun. Can he beat Leon, I dont know, but he deserves to try.
Remember when everyone thought Sean Strickland would be blown away by Adesanya

What are the other options? Shavkat or Islam I assume. Belal has a good chance but cmon Leon ain't ducking him cause he's scared. It's all about money. Belal is unfortunately last choice not only for Leon but also the UFC.

Leon also said he wanted to fight Strickland for the belt soo..

He wants MW shot if I'm not mistaken.

Leon is a great fighter but Belal has earned his way to his time in the sun. Can he beat Leon, I dont know, but he deserves to try.
Remember when everyone thought Sean Strickland would be blown away by Adesanya

Leon was lightning Belal up, before the eye poke, which is why Belal cried so loudly, to quit his way out of the fight.

Hence the reason neither Dana nor Leon wants to give him another shot.

It’s funny because it’s exactly what everyone said Colby would do

He wants MW shot if I'm not mistaken.

More power to him if he can get it. What if the UFC is planning to have Leon fight whoever the champion is at UFC 300?

The rumor about Ronda versus Tate maybe true too. Tate has been doing a lot of interviews recently and it's kind of suspicious

Belal needs one solid win before title shot

Doesn't matter who he fights next. Nobody in this current WW division is beating Leon, including every Shertard's newest mancrush.

This weekend is the newest in a bunch of examples that the vast majority of people on here don't have a clue what they are watching.

Don't worry, once the UFC asks him 'you want Belal next... Or Shavkat?'

Guaranteed Belal gets the next shot

"I won ten fights in a row and didn't get a title shot." ... no you didn't.

the first Belal fight was going down a similar trajectory to most of Edwards other fights, opens up a sizeable lead
TIL a "sizeable lead" is one 10-9 round that Leon couldn't go five minutes without eyepoking Belal in

Last edited:
Back