I'm a big fan of Max Hollaway, but I'm concerned about his future. Here's why. (ghost of Tony Ferguson)

Max is an amazing fighter and he probably does have a good shot at winning. I just don't want to see my boy get merked by a killer like Gaethje. I get it's the fight game but damn it could be brutal for him.

I'm actually not a big Max holloway fan, yet I'm far more confident in him than all the Max Holloway fans I see. Max is a championship level fighter and he has some things working in his favor in this fight. You guys need to relax. Even if Max loses, I think he'll have a respectable showing.
Honest question, how are you "not a big" Holloway fan?

There are some guys that I can't wrap my head around people not being fans of (fight wise). Gaethje, Max, Omalley, Shavkat, these guys always bring it

Lol Max is a warrior but he's not an idiot like Tony. Max knows how to defend himself and fight smart. Even in training hes claimed he doesnt do a lot of sparring to minimize damage. Max has solid fundamentals and technique. Tony has absolutely nine.

Tony's fight and training IQ is in the negatives

I'm actually not a big Max holloway fan, yet I'm far more confident in him than all the Max Holloway fans I see. Max is a championship level fighter and he has some things working in his favor in this fight. You guys need to relax. Even if Max loses, I think he'll have a respectable showing.
This is exaclty how i think, proably because i'm not a huge fan myself I can think clearer.

Justin is a hard hitter but also hittable and max is good at hitting, like really good. Has shown sneaky power as well

I think Max fights pretty intelligent and still in his prime. By no means is he Tony.

Max's problem seems to be more of he has no place to call home right now. He lost three fights to Volk and beat most top guys at 145. The guys he hasn't fought the UFC doesn't want Max beating potential title contenders for Volk. 155 honestly just seems like to big of a weight class for him and his style.

Really at the end of the day who should Max fight or anyone in this situation??????????????? Common sense say look for the payday style fights. Which usually means going up a weight class.

Max just got repeatedly hurt by Zombie. It's horrible timing for this fight as his chin might be gone.

That said, Max does have the right style to beat Justin. Pressuring Justin hard is what's led to all of his losses, hard fights, and struggles. Sitting back trying to out technique and outpatient him is what gets you destroyed. Max is the former, though he's lacking the power that's led to others success in pressuring Justin. Justin might just walk through the strikes instead of getting stunned and flustered like usual.

I randomly think about him when I'm in the shower or in bed at night.
full

I'm a big fan of Max Holloway, but I'm concerned about his future. Here's why.

Although I don't talk about him as much, Max Holloway is easily one of my favorite fighters of all time. He's one of the FW GOATs and is a cool guy outside of the ring. I randomly think about him when I'm in the shower or in bed at night. I was pissed that he didn't beat Volkanovski in the rematches. His standup game is one of the best in the game... however, I am concerned about his future. Here's why.

Max Holloway has some 'holes in his game', such as lack of KO power, zero grappling offensive, mediocre fight IQ, etc. However, his biggest 'hole' by far is his huge amount of damage he takes every fight. Like Gaethje, he is a sponge. He takes way too much damage, very high mileage.

He's now 32. Unless he adjusts his fighting style, I see a Tony Ferguson type downfall with Max. Athleticism diminishes with age, especially at featherweight.

I'm going to try and hold back my tears come UFC 300 when he faces Justin Gaethje.

Please, Max... don't become the next Tony Ferguson.

View attachment 1029277
Max’ got this.

He deserves whatever Gaethje dishes him. His inflated ego came as a result of beating on little guys. Max is a weight bully who would mercilessly taunt his much smaller opposition in the middle of fights. Or have we all already forgotten that. Soon as he fights someone his own size(Dustin) he gets pummeled. Hope it happens again. But worse.

he's hawaiian, he'll be fine. they have a warrior spirit.

tony is american. he doesn't have the mexican warrior spirit.
The spirits of Kimo, BJ Penn, Cabbage and Travis Browne will be with Max....even if they're all still alive.

Your wife should be worried that you think about Max when in shower or in bed though

I agree he needs to workon his defence.

But doing huge weight cuts at 32+ years is a problem as well, he needs to move up to 155 permanently.

Although I don't talk about him as much, Max Holloway is easily one of my favorite fighters of all time. He's one of the FW GOATs and is a cool guy outside of the ring. I randomly think about him when I'm in the shower or in bed at night.
The fuck?

Max might get into wars and just bleed mode but unlike Tony Max is far more skilled with a better fight IQ, he doesn’t always toughen out his opponents, also I feel Max have better chin and durability than Tony.

Not a fan of the comparison. He doesn't have mental demons, he shouldn't need to hang around well after his skills have diminished, and his peak was significantly higher than Tony's ever was. He is just in a situation where he beats everyone in his division excluding the champ. It's not good for the UFC for him to keep killing off top contenders before they can make an argument for them getting a title shot. I see the rest of his career as something similar to DP or Justin. Fighting once a year in fun matchups that sell well, but don't hold up the division.

Back