Gaethje vs Holloway is a bad career move for Max

Max taking this fight was a bad idea before. Now, it's even worse, given that Volk lost the belt.

Oh well, hopefully Max can still get back in the title picture at featherweight again, he's still surprisingly young.

Max taking this fight was a bad idea before. Now, it's even worse, given that Volk lost the belt.

Oh well, hopefully Max can still get back in the title picture at featherweight again, he's still surprisingly young.

He also started pretty young, and has some serious mileage on him. He debuted 12 years ago against Poirier, and 28 of his 32 career fights have been in the UFC.I don't think taking the fight against Gathje was a bad idea at all. Winning or losing really won't make much of a difference what he decides to do afterwards.

I know Topiura has said Evloev isn't worthy, and if Volk gets passed over for the immediate rematch (which I feel he probably deserves) for whatever reason the UFC decides, then I think Holloway gets the nod.

But Gathje vs. Holloway is a banger, and (in my opinion) the most exciting fight on UFC300. It sucks that one of them has to lose, but the fans are going to win.

Why would you make a new thread that’s been done several times, already?

Your opinion isn’t good or original enough to merit it’s own thread.

I’m eager to see the self proclaimed ‘best boxer’ in the company box with Justin.
I am too, and I think he does fine. Problem is power, Gaethje has it and Max doesn't.

If Max had power we wouldn't be talking about Volk right now. Or Max would already be at 155 after beating Dustin

Max Holloway has been waiting for Volk to finally lose the belt. Instead of waiting, he signs a bout agreement against one of the hardest hitters in the division above him and then what?
Correct me if I’m wrong but this fight was signed for before Volk lost his belt.

People are far too worried about Max. He was in a situation where he could get the guaranteed title pay for the BMF belt, or wait for an non guarenteed title shot at FW. He took the guaranteed option, and I don't blame him for it. It's a great fight and if he wins he'll be a top contender in two divisions. Max has gone from potentially no title fights to having one guarenteed bmf title fight that could potentially garner 2 other title fight options for him if he wins.

Max made a good decision, financially.

Good call. Hespect.

Back