Max vs Gaethje is dumb it does nothing for Max change my mind

Yeah, volume doesn't mean squat when it's Bisping-fisted and the opponent hits like a tank in a demolition derby. Max dies if he takes the fight and never wins a top fight in the 145 class again after getting Ferguson'ed by Gaethge.

It does nothing for Max and nothing for Justin. Doesn't matter, it's one hell of a fight that I wanna see. Also do Poirier vs Nate too on the same card. Lets gooo

Dumb matchup if it happens. Max is a great FW but not a great LW. He will get demolished and shorten his life/career considerably. And for Gaethje beating Max, it’s a win but if we’re talking about legacy it means nothing.

It’s a great matchup. 2 guys that are never boring.
Ignore the number by the end of their name changing or not. Enjoy the sweet fuckin ‘ fight!

At this point in Max's career, what better option does he have in terms of big fights and big pay day? This rumored fight with Gaethje is prob the biggest for him at this point in his career. So if Max is down, why not?

I'm all for them fighting on 300, but certainly not against each other. It's wasting two potentially awesome fights, and I've no interest in seeing max taking an absurd amount of punishment during 15-25 minutes.

It does nothing for Max and nothing for Justin. Doesn't matter, it's one hell of a fight that I wanna see. Also do Poirier vs Nate too on the same card. Lets gooo

It absolutely does something for Max if he manages to win this fight. Gaethje is a top ranked LW, so it would definitely put Max in the picture at 155.

Why wouldn't Max want to fight Gaethje. The BMF Belt is the most legit belt at the moment.

hrrqyxrykyltp93s52s4.jpg
That picture is awesome hahaha

It's a fight designed by ali to keep his client (gaethje) busy while his other client (islam) either rematches charles or tries his hand at 170. I'm not a fan of the fight, yet at the same time I don't favor gaethje as strongly as most do. Gaethje can wilt under pressure, and max is one of the best pressure fighters out there.

Last edited:
They have both had multiple title shots latley and failed at them so i see it as a cool fan friendly matchup. Plus, dana and co don't give a shit about rankings anyways so it wouldn't be that far fetched as far as their standards in current day match making.

If Max wins, he’s immediately in the LW title picture.

The two money fights at LW, Max vs. Poirier 2 and Max vs. McGregor 2, both look a lot more alluring if Max can beat Gaethje.

Beat either of those guys, and suddenly the LW champ will want to fight Max for the payday.

So this fight is rumored for UFC 300 by uncle "I never lie" Chael. First of all I kinda predicted it would happen because I listed in in my "UFC 300 card" thread

And I also think that it's a really sick fight

I just don't see the point for Max. At all. For Gaethje yes it's great he gets a win against a FW legend and will set up a title fight thanks to it.

But for Max? He doesn't have the style nor the physicality to deal with Gaethje.

I can count on one hand the times where Holloway grappled offensively, which is Gaethje's kryptonite.

Max is not going to put Gaethje out, JG can take a shot, not a shot he can take plenty of them. The last time he was overwhelmed standing up was against Poirier in their first fight, which was when ? 2018 I think ? So 5 years ago, will be 6 years ago by UFC 300 time.

Max should chill and see if Topuria beats Volk. And if yes position himself for a FW TS.

Change my mind.
If Max wins against Gathje he is the BMF & it could line him up for more fun fights. He isn't getting a TS against Volk and if he loses he isn't removed from the pecking order at FW. I would love to see Max actually MOVE to LW. Hell if he wins I could 100% see him getting a rematch with Conor for that BMF belt. Max has nothing to lose.

Max vs Edson or Emmett
Gaethje title shot

Let's see what "the best boxer in the UFC" can do.

Yeah, if anything I’d say this fight doesn’t do much for Gaethje. Max, if he wins, gets fast-tracked to a title shot in a division where he hasn’t competed in years. Justin, meanwhile, simply beats a past-prime smaller guy who’s barely .500 in his past 10 fights.
Since when Max is past his prime?

I agree Justin is a bad match up for max, he’s not going to gas out and he’s bigger and more powerful and max doesn’t have the power to hurt JG. We saw max vs Dustin and I think JG will have the same effect on max with his power shots. I know max has knocked off a ton of FW contenders but a fight with Emmett is interesting and much more winnable for max

It likely ends up looking a lot like Max/Poirier. Max is good enough to be competitive but the difference in power would be dramatic. The only chance I could see Max having is if it's a five rounder and Gaethje gassed himself bruising his knuckles on Max's iron jaw. I'd give Max next to no chance in a three rounder. I could also see Gaethje cracking his chin.

It would get Holloway a (well deserved off a win) title shot at LW...thats a lot if you ask me, can he win it? Doubt it, LW seems too much for him honestly, of course he fought Poirier who is a very dangerous guy, good effort but still, Gaethje feels like more of the same.

Back