Alexander Volkanovski drops to number 7 of men's pound for pound rankings on UFC website, Topuria at no. 5

Do you agree with the UFC mens rankings for Alex and Topuria?

• Yes, both rankings are right

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No, both are wrong

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • Agree for Alex ranking only

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Agree for Topuria ranking only

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Pantoja has probably more wins in his own divisions top 5 (top 10 too), than any other current champ, and Moreno was on the P4P list when Pantoja beat him.
The Flyweight division was shallow and currently it's slowly gaining more fighters, Pantoja beating ranked fighters in the division when there is a handful of fighters in it is a given.

And he really does not have the option to pick to fight guys from the smaller weight class, like fighters in the other weightclasses do.
Singling out Makhachev like a true hater. Makhachev did not pick a fight with Vokabovski during the first go around, Volksnovski was already set to fight the winner of Oliviera/Makhachev.

Pantoja isn't number 1, it should be JoN Jones and then Islam Makhachev. Pantoja is right where he belongs.

Lmao @ subjective neckbeard "journalist" opinions on imaginary rankings.

I have Jones and Edwards above Islam. Islam only has 2 top ten wins. For reference, Topuria also has 2 top ten wins and he's undefeated.
Pantoja is underrated. Volk at#7 sounds about right.

volk gets kod left and right
ddp has a winstreak right now

i dont care if your volk
but if u lose left and right and get kod
im gonna put the guy who won the belt and has a long winstreak above him

Yeah it's all subjective I guess. See my post earlier in the thread where I say it's fair that he sees a significant drop, and that you can't discount his losses to Mak just because of the circumstances.

But I guess my view is it's too early to say if DDP has cemented his spot yet at the top of MW, and I feel like thered be some consensus on this. His fight with Strickland was ultra close, and I think even Strickland wouldn't have held the belt long, but then I guess this is the case for alot guys at the top of MW right now.

Pound for pound rankings is just a marketing ploy to generate interest in small fighters and pander to the vertically challenged. Its ridiculous. If one of these half men life Volk was to have a go at me, all I’d have to do is stick my arm out and put my hand on his forehead and laugh as he desperately tries to strike.

The Flyweight division was shallow and currently it's slowly gaining more fighters, Pantoja beating ranked fighters in the division when there is a handful of fighters in it is a given.

Singling out Makhachev like a true hater. Makhachev did not pick a fight with Vokabovski during the first go around, Volksnovski was already set to fight the winner of Oliviera/Makhachev.

Pantoja isn't number 1, it should be JoN Jones and then Islam Makhachev. Pantoja is right where he belongs.
No, it’s more like you are a Pantoja hater.

Why does he not deserve the same recognition as the other champions?

He has not been busted for PEDs, like steroids or Meldonium, is not a diva and tries to fight only on his terms, fights everyone who gets put in front of him, is willing to give rematches, and the list continues.

but you rank volk against jones who is basicaly undefeated
the volk that was ko'd left and right
yeah sure
Calm down buddy with your left and right logic. He got Ko by islam who has pieced up everyone In striking lately. And topuria who is a monster. Jones would've been ko left and right and up and down if he would've fought natty

It's between Jones & Makhachev.

Makhachev beat 2 current fighters on the P4P.

Pantoja didn't clear his division, the division doesn't consist of Royval and Moreno. He still got France, Albazi, Nico & Mokaev.

Hell Pereira is much higher than Pantoja in the p4p given what he has accomplished across 2 weight classes.
Jones has a single win at heavyweight, not sure how you have him so high.

I have more complaints for the divisional rankings than p4p. Atleast p4p doesn't impact fights. Like fighters don't turn down fights based off the p4p ranking. There are lots of factors that makes someone p4p like fighting a division above where they normally fight at.

Volk 1-3 in last 4 with 2 brutal KOs. I'm ok with it. MMA fighting has him even lower.

P4P is imaginary anyways so anything after 1-2 who cares

Back