Media Alexander Volkanovski admits January was too soon to return, looks to humble Topuria

Volk blew it .. shoulda trained with MM dude actually said how islam would win

Volk shoulda never taken the short notice fight he just blew it. got paid though but dont think I even want to see fw fights anymore

Even though Volk had Islam in a very dangerous position and riding out the last minute (or whatever) of their first fight, there should be no controversy about who won the match; so no guaranteed rematch.

And sometimes cliches like "you never know what's going to happen" regarding his chances at another shot, or whether he might land a flash KO/TKO, etc... have reason behind them.

Regardless, I bet it (the check) helped.
I had volk winning the first i dont see how you dont the fight was the closest islams ben to losing again .. but volk blew his legacy with that shit rematch

Definitely, the fight where one guy had a full camp and the other guy rolled off the couch to move up a weightclass, travel the world, and cut weight last minute -- that's the fight that was more indicative of where they're at. Definitely not the fight where both had full camps and proper heads up in regards to when they were making weight and fighting. Great point.

I swear, some people are just idiotic.

I had volk winning the first i dont see how you dont the fight was the closest islams ben to losing again .. but volk blew his legacy with that shit rematch

The 10 point must system and how it’s roughly applied in MMA especially in title fights.

Volkanovski had the opportunity to become the GOAT FW in the next few fights.
That’s still one h-ll off a legacy.

The excuses are coming ... dude should sit down and shaddap.

Honestly, Volkanovski benefited by a "very drained-looking" Makhachev in their first fight.
(Before the first fight started, I remarked to my brother that Islam looked pale and drained.)
Lol states excuses are coming, followed by excuses for Islam

Definitely, the fight where one guy had a full camp and the other guy rolled off the couch to move up a weightclass, travel the world, and cut weight last minute -- that's the fight that was more indicative of where they're at. Definitely not the fight where both had full camps and proper heads up in regards to when they were making weight and fighting. Great point.

does it really matter? he lost both fights and none of them were debatable. no matter what people say, islam clearly won the first fight with 3 rounds to 2.
fanboyism made so much noise that afterwards there was controversy but there wasn't.....islam was at the first and alo at the second fight....the better fighter. islam is just that good.

i dont agree that volk wouldnt be a contender at light weight, he is too skilled not to be. but i do understand perreia fan's point......light weight is a shark tank division and volk would have a real hard time.

Alexander Volkanowski: 35,5 years when they fight
Height 5'6
Reach listed 64 - 71,5, most likely 70 - 71 ish

Ilia Topuria: 27 years then
Height listed 5'7 to 5'8
Reach 69

Both very well rounded
Boxing, kicks, wrestling, jitz, both are great in every department

Volk is having more focus on footwork and jabs. Very effective leg kick game.
Ilia on head movement. Very heavy leg kicks, not throwing as much. Ilia has way more power in his hands and has beautiful technique.
Ilia pressures his opponents to draw out punches, which he then counters.

Ilia weakness: Overextends on his punches for power, can be countered at bad angles. Chin could be average
Volk weakness: Age. Recently been knocked out, hurt in some of his last fights, had concussions in football.

I see a passing of the guard. Ilia catches Volk with a right hand counter.

It will be a fight with such a high skill set, it will be fantastic for every hardcore fan who trained.

Here’s the things nobody is gonna give Ilia credit if he wins or loses, if he loses he’s gonna get called a scrub, if he beats Volk people will just say Volk is past his prime and Islam finished Volks career

Last edited:
Hand Sanitizer Boy has no business in a title match.

1:45 if you want to skip right to it

No business in a title match? Not sure if you've watched Topuria. (El Matador would kill Paddy.) Who else is there to fight Volk at FW? There's no tougher fight for Alex. Oh, you mad Alja Sterling didn't get the fight? Yeah. Sterling hangs out on the mat, takes a knee, two-divsion champ! 2-time Dairy Queen Champ!

Volk can only win if he knock outs topuria with one shot otherwise ilia wins everytime

Volk got caught by Islam. You do not expect a low kick to hit you in the head.

He got caught by Ilia as well. But the reason was a lack of defense.

Back