Alexander Volkanovski Plans to Make Ilia Topuria 'Eat Some of His Words' at UFC 298

Winner?

• Volk

Votes: 71 73.2%
  • Topuria

Votes: 26 26.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
<30>

I... was going to add:" (I'm kidding) " to the end of that post. But was sure you would know it was a joke. I seriously nearly edited it in about three times.

So to be clear, the situation for me, as it stands, is:

I get drunk. In outrage at a shitty post say "I'm joining the VOLKSWAGON' just from drunken spitefulness.

Wake up, having had no recollection of it.

But say 'I'll keep my (drunken) word and commit to this.'

Then... sober, I make a joke in this thread about an AV bet, and have to keep my word about this too??????

How is this happening?

<WhitmanDefeat>

Does the '🤣' emoji in my offer save me? Or am I stuck with keeping my word here too?

<HisEye>
I noticed that emoji and figured it was a joke. Especially when you consider we already have an av bet on the horizon. With that being said I'm a risk taker, and I love it when two buds have something on the line to banter over. I'll let you back out if you want to be a pussy though. 😁

I noticed that emoji and figured it was a joke. Especially when you consider we already have an av bet on the horizon. With that being said I'm a risk taker, and I love it when two buds have something on the line to banter over. I'll let you back out if you want to be a pussy though. 😁

Word.

And yes, I am going to puss out. Thank you 🙏 lol.

I was thinking of flipping a coin to decide, or getting @StonedLemur to decide what we do lol, then, thinking things through I realised that I might not be able to watch this card live.

<WhitmanDefeat>

So We'll stick to the main event - the original bet

Interesting to see that all the casuals are going for Topuria.

I guess Topuria is the social media alpha template, and people just love that / resonate with that..

I wouldn't mind seeing a classic old man beatdown of young gun. If for no other reason than to prove the Sherdog statisticians wrong.

Winner?

21fef-17043089501194-1920.jpg

I feel like this is gonna be a war tbh sir.

Word.

And yes, I am going to puss out. Thank you 🙏 lol.

I was thinking of flipping a coin to decide, or getting @StonedLemur to decide what we do lol, then, thinking things through I realised that I might not be able to watch this card live.

<WhitmanDefeat>

So We'll stick to the main event - the original bet

Whatever the original bet is, should be the way to go sir :)

Topuria by KO/TKO, Volk seems triggered and he is coming back from being KO'd a bit soon while being on the old side of things.

I voted motivated Volk with that look in his eye.
<HisEye>

Lmao, you want that bet because you know I'll lose, bitch. You think I'm stupid?

I'll take the bet.

<30>

I... was going to add:" (I'm kidding) " to the end of that post. But was sure you would know it was a joke. I seriously nearly edited it in about three times.

So to be clear, the situation for me, as it stands, is:

I get drunk. In outrage at a shitty post say "I'm joining the VOLKSWAGON' just from drunken spitefulness.

Wake up, having had no recollection of it.

But say 'I'll keep my (drunken) word and commit to this.'

Then... sober, I make a joke in this thread about an AV bet, and have to keep my word about this too??????

How is this happening?

<WhitmanDefeat>

Does the '🤣' emoji in my offer save me? Or am I stuck with keeping my word here too?

<HisEye>

I feel like this is gonna be a war tbh sir.

Volk's too smart to get caught early - his brutal 1st round kicks will start the victory.

Volk by a savage KO or ref stoppage in Round 3.​
Volk calling out the Sher haters :)

giphy.gif

Volk has the speed, ringcraft, gameplanning, defensive wrestling, cardio, and title fight experience.

Topuria has the power, aggression, and length over Volk.

Barring Volk getting caught early, I think Volk should use his speed, IQ, and experience to win this.
Nah Topuria has a grappling edge over volk and a significant boxing edge in the pocket and a better chin not to mention amazing cardio of his own. If they get into firefight i see Volk getting KOd. he has to be pretty careful because this is a very very dangerous fight. Topuria has torn apart everyone he has faced to the top no match was close and i dont see him losing a decision considering how aggressive he is. heck I personally think he's even a bad matchup for Islam Mahachev and i say this as a huge Khabib fan though at that point the size difference might be too much

Nah Topuria has a grappling edge over volk and a significant boxing edge in the pocket and a better chin not to mention amazing cardio of his own. If they get into firefight i see Volk getting KOd. he has to be pretty careful because this is a very very dangerous fight. Topuria has torn apart everyone he has faced to the top no match was close and i dont see him losing a decision considering how aggressive he is. heck I personally think he's even a bad matchup for Islam Mahachev and i say this as a huge Khabib fan though at that point the size difference might be too much
Haha settle down champion he hasn't fought anyone of note yet

Volk coming back too soon after being KOed imo

Back