UFC 298: 2.17 11:59pm ET Alexander Volkanovski vs Ilia Topuria

Bestfightodds

I "like" when they separate an event into two sections, include both canceled fights and scheduled fights, get names of events and dates wrong, etc.
Glad it is available and partly useful, though.

And Ilia would wreck Alexandre, even at a dehydrating catchweight of 140.
Alexandre might develop into something relevant one day, however, as he has five wins and his only loss is to an apparently better potential prospect.

This is a good time to remember, as bestfightodds doesn't know the difference between Ilia and Alexandre,
that before most sports fans even knew how to roughly pronounce (much less spell) "Ilia Topuria,"
it was @Dude Incredible who already had predicted Ilia was on a trajectory straight to the top.
Recognizing that one of the dudest of Dude's dudes has developed as the incredible Dude predicted long, long ago.

8b50bf4afff65d73ec25be620f41736c.gif

That is actually the computer @helax mods on.

Realizing that makes sense.
Considering he is required to deal with the questionable forum software here,
and Tapology and the odds sites.
Seems about the same general level and elegance in technology.

I "like" when they separate an event into two sections, include both canceled fights and scheduled fights, get names of events and dates wrong, etc.

Alexandre might develop into something relevant one day, however, as he has five wins and his only loss is to an apparently better potential prospect.

This is a good time to remember, as bestfightodds doesn't know the difference between Ilia and Alexandre,
that before most sports fans even knew how to roughly pronounce (much less spell) "Ilia Topuria,"
it was @Dude Incredible who already had predicted Ilia was on a trajectory straight to the top.
Recognizing that one of the dudest of Dude's dudes has developed as the incredible Dude predicted long, long ago.

I thought you were on Volk tonight?

I thought you were on Volk tonight?

Comment above was about Alexsandre Topuria to

make fun of bestfightodds not knowing the difference between the two Topurias. Alexsandre is the potential prospect who presumably won't ever fight Ilia (he is the brother of Ilia) who supposedly will be showing up in the UFC in the somewhat near future.

As for the FW championship, the initial analysis is what everyone knows. Trying to estimate the impact of what happened in October on Volkanovski's thick head. If that had not happened, the odds for this fight would not be approximately even.

Islam kicked Volkanovski so hard that Islam's foot hurt for a while after that :oops: and the outcomes of the first and second fights might have increased Volkanovski's alcoholism.

Overall, slightly favoring Volkanovski because it is difficult to estimate the contribution of the factors that would cause him to be doubted.

But from the sports fan perspective, would like to see Topuria prove it is his time. Don't particularly like Volkanovski and his crew. And would like to see a Ilia Topuria vs. Movsar Evloev rivalry take over FW.

And when I got an answer from three big players:
helax for Volk
Dude for Ilia
@Krixes 50/50

So started to wonder more about easier decisions such as
Over 1.5

Comment above was about Alexsandre Topuria to

make fun of bestfightodds not knowing the difference between the two Topurias. Alexsandre is the potential prospect who presumably won't ever fight Ilia (he is the brother of Ilia) who supposedly will be showing up in the UFC in the somewhat near future.

As for the FW championship, the initial analysis is what everyone knows. Trying to estimate the impact of what happened in October on Volkanovski's thick head. If that had not happened, the odds for this fight would not be approximately even.

Islam kicked Volkanovski so hard that Islam's foot hurt for a while after that :oops: and the outcomes of the first and second fights might have increased Volkanovski's alcoholism.

Overall, slightly favoring Volkanovski because it is difficult to estimate the contribution of the factors that would cause him to be doubted.

But from the sports fan perspective, would like to see Topuria prove it is his time. Don't particularly like Volkanovski and his crew. And would like to see a Ilia Topuria vs. Movsar Evloev rivalry take over FW.

And when I got an answer from three big players:
helax for Volk
Dude for Ilia
@Krixes 50/50

So started to wonder more about easier decisions such as
Over 1.5
Oh yeah I knew about the Alex comment. I meant about saying Ilia was going to the top. He ain't getting there tonight! As much as @Dude Incredible in his snakeskin boots wants him to. Ilia will not be ready for Volk's output and his hubris will expedite his downfall

Oh yeah I knew about the Alex comment. I meant about saying Ilia was going to the top. He ain't getting there tonight! As much as @Dude Incredible in his snakeskin boots wants him to. Ilia will not be ready for Volk's output and his hubris will expedite his downfall
yeah its understandable people picking ilia because it feels like changing of the guard and volk is pretty old for a featherweight
But when you make a striking breakdown
volks footwork and be able to fight in every striking distance should bring him the win
But i love the powershots of ilia and the close guard chin down defence is very hard to penetrate
Its close but i have it 60/40 volk standing up but have no idea what would happen if 1 of them decides to mix it up with grappling/wrestling

yeah its understandable people picking ilia because it feels like changing of the guard and volk is pretty old for a featherweight
But when you make a striking breakdown
volks footwork and be able to fight in every striking distance should bring him the win
But i love the powershots of ilia and the close guard chin down defence is very hard to penetrate
Its close but i have it 60/40 volk standing up but have no idea what would happen if 1 of them decides to mix it up with grappling/wrestling
I think Volk will mix it up well against Ilia. I see him grinding this shit out. Islam is a great fighter plus now all this shit I'm seeing about him weighing more in Abu Dhabi and the IV rehydrating blah blah blah anyways he is a great fighter that had every possible advantage. The same will not be said of Ilia

I think Volk will mix it up well against Ilia. I see him grinding this shit out. Islam is a great fighter plus now all this shit I'm seeing about him weighing more in Abu Dhabi and the IV rehydrating blah blah blah anyways he is a great fighter that had every possible advantage. The same will not be said of Ilia
yeah i dont take much from islam fights because the size difference was ridicilous

Props added. If anyone has other ones they want added let me know

You’ll always be my favorite.

Back