Media Alexander Volkanovski admits January was too soon to return, looks to humble Topuria

If you don't fight often enough, and you lose, it's because you weren't fighting often enough.

If you fight every week, you will lose often.

If you fight 3 or 4 times per year, you are doing it right if you win, but if you lose, it was too often and too soon.

I like Volk, but man, fighters say crazy stuff sometimes.

"I'm getting knocked out early in 5 round fights for belts, by shots I didn't see coming. Just you wait, I'm gonna humble that guy next time."

ooookay.

January was too early but not even a month later it's all fine and dandy huh

Volk got caught by Islam. You do not expect a low kick to hit you in the head.

He got caught by Ilia as well. But the reason was a lack of defense.

Well, he should have expected the kick because Islam threw one earlier in the fight that he only just blocked in time.

And he didn't just get caught by Ilia. He got opened up completely. Ilia spent the whole first round opening him up with feints and slow increases in pressure. Volk was visibly flustered by it all and starting to make mistakes. Then Ilia comes in with a combo that had a body shot in it early to open up the head.

Yea alex was more worried about his grandpa gimmick than revoering properly for one of the hardest fights of his career

If Volk waited too long, he would've been older, and that still would've been an excuse. 35 is no prime age for a FW. Hats off to Volk, no shame in losing to an unbeatable up and comer in your mid 30s, while coming off a KO loss.

But still either way he had a choice to be younger and less recovered or older and more recovered, to me they are both trade offs and at his age time isn't something you can just take off a year and be the same. It's a fair loss and happens to older champs who stay too long in.

The amount of excuses this guy has come up with since the first Islam fight is hysterical.

I think Volk is Brazilian lol.

Bullshit IV excuse.
Drinking until 3 mins before the fight.
Returning too soon.

Zzzz

The amount of excuses this guy has come up with since the first Islam fight is hysterical.

I think Volk is Brazilian lol.

Bullshit IV excuse.
Drinking until 3 mins before the fight.
Returning too soon.

Zzzz

You realize this quote is from like 3 months ago, and in response to why the fight would take place in february, not january, right?

Haters just ready to hate

You realize this quote is from like 3 months ago, and the fight was moved back because of it, right? This was never an excuse. They didn't even fight in january lol.

Haters just ready to hate

Im sick of all these guys with the excuses that it was a reflex lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back