Pre-fight Discussion UFC 298: Volkanovski vs. Topuria, Sat. Feb. 17, Prelims 6:30pm ET Espn+, Main ppv 10pm ET

Planning to watch

• All of it

• Most of it

• Some of it

Results are only viewable after voting.
Awesome. Any ten will do!

I'll be stopping there because the amount of videos and back and forth between my music folders and my browser already erased my post twice. But, let's say that the whole live at Massey Hall 71 is worth the remaining two lmao.

He made weight
Oh that makes my day. May he recover well before the fight.

Edit : just saw the video, probably not the easiest day of his life. But really glad he made the effort (although I'll never fully condone the practice, I understand it obviously, but it also looks like a neverending rite of passage)

Last edited:
Hey I guess at the end of the day that’s all that matters right? He made the weight!

I’m sure there were Vegas odds that he wouldn’t lol
Totally seriously, I had more doubts about his ability/motivation to make weight, than about his ability to win the fight. So yeah, I'm quite glad that we'll be able to see that fight !!

Our First Causality!

<RomeroSalute>

Damn I was feeling good about De Lima by sub @ +600.

As for the fights, I'm interested to see what Ilia looks like off his backfoot if Volk decides to pressure. I think will mostly rely on his movement to stay outside but I hope he mixes things up.

Press conference thoughts

-I was gonna pick Neal, but I’m worried since Garry sounds good, focused, more disciplined. Chute box may have patched up his defense in striking as well

-costa looks good, big, physical, Whittaker might have more trouble than I expected

107060-3921022.png

It’s a big fight week in Anaheim, California. The Ultimate Fighting Championship gears up for its second pay-per-view of 2024, and fight fans around the world are counting down the days to witness the action set to unfold at UFC 298. At the forefront, the card is built around featherweight king Alexander Volkanovski, who confronts the fiery challenge of rising undefeated prospect Ilia Topuria. That fight alone has been brewing for a long time, and if that wasn’t enough, there’s still more excitement in store.

Former middleweight champion Robert Whittaker finally gets to test if Paulo Costa measures up for a second championship run. Meanwhile, Geoff Neal will battle it out with Ian Garry to see how he strives alongside the big dogs of the division.

Date, Time, Location for UFC 298​

The event is scheduled for Saturday, Feb. 17 at Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Early prelims are scheduled to commence at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 pm PT, with the regular prelims to follow at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT. The main card is set to kick off at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT.

How to View UFC 298 Online​

Fans will need to purchase an ESPN+ membership to catch the UFC 298 pay-per-view spectacle. The ESPN-affiliated streaming service has the exclusive rights to broadcast live UFC streams, making ESPN+ the only way to view UFC 298 “Volkanovski vs. Topuria” online in the United States. The prelims can be viewed on UFC Fight Pass at 6:30 p.m. ET/3:30 p.m. PT and ESPN at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT. Meanwhile, TNT Sports holds exclusive broadcasting rights for UFC 298 in the United Kingdom and Ireland. Coverage begins at 1 a.m. BST. Finally, Foxtel TV customers in Australia can stream UFC 298 online by using the Foxtel Go app and may also sign up for Kayo to watch ESPN online.

UFC 298: “Volkanovski vs. Topuria” Card, Odds​

The marquee attraction of the night features the return of featherweight king Volkanovski to 145 pounds after he went down in flames competing in a short-notice rematch against lightweight champion Islam Makhachev at UFC 294. Despite his setback, “The Great” remains determined to remind his fellow featherweights that he’s here to hold the reins of the division for some time, starting with his fight against Topuria.

On the other hand, Topuria carries his unblemished 14-0 record into the fight, swelling with pride as the self-proclaimed champion of the division. It remains to be seen if we will witness a reluctant passing of the torch or another masterclass by the long-time champion.

Check out how the fighters stack up against each other according to BetUS.com odds:

Main Card Odds​

Alexander Volkanovski (-125) vs. Ilia Topuria (-105)
Paulo Costa (+215) vs. Robert Whittaker (-270)
Ian Garry (-235) vs. Geoff Neal (+195)
Henry Cejudo (+180) vs. Merab Dvalishvili (-220)
Anthony Hernandez (-230) vs. Roman Kopylov (+190)

Preliminary Odds​

Mackenzie Dern (-110) vs. Amanda Lemos (-120)
Marcos Rogerio de Lima (NA) vs. Junior Tafa (NA)
Rinya Nakamura (-1250) vs. Carlos Vera (+700)
Mingyang Zhang (-120) vs. Brendson Ribeiro (-110)
Danny Barlow (-190) vs. Josh Quinlan (+160)
Oban Elliott (-310) vs. Valentine Woodburn (+235)
Andrea Lee (+155) vs. Miranda Maverick (-185)

Man that show must have been amazing. With Sonic Youth and Social Distortion too. All three fantastic artists. I've seen Neil a few times but didn't see that tour. Is that the tour where the live albums are Arc / Weld?
Yeah, Arc/Weld were recorded during that tour. And as much as I love Neil playing loud, I really wish I could see him do an acoustic set sometime. Such a great songwriter.

Back