How does it feel NOT having to worry about bills and living check to check

It's one of the most freeing feelings I've experienced. It took hard work and careful budgeting though. Without a budget I'd be able to spend every penny I made recklessly and I'd still be paycheck to paycheck regardless of income.

It all sucks unless you a multimilionaire or billionaire.

But yeah i dont know

Went from making about $33k to $95k in a span of 2 years. Would say it's pretty fucking sweet. Main things that changed are that I eat out at somewhat pricier places, pay much more in rent and travel a lot more.

It was rough when I was a teen providing for my family, but I learned a trade, joined a union, paid off my mortgage and now I can buy whatever the fuck I want. I'm already vetted in for the pension, so I call in sick every other week. Nobody gives a shit. I come in to work any time I want, leave early if I want. Do overtime if I want. Sleep at work if I want.

it feels great, and that great feeling never goes away.

It was rough when I was a teen providing for my family, but I learned a trade, joined a union, paid off my mortgage and now I can buy whatever the fuck I want. I'm already vetted in for the pension, so I call in sick every other week. Nobody gives a shit. I come in to work any time I want, leave early if I want. Do overtime if I want. Sleep at work if I want.
sounds almost as good as my job.....

I work from home ;)

what the fuck sort of house did you get for 85k, does it even have walls?
Man, in south central PA, you can find something pretty decent for that price. It won't be no Beverly Hills, but places like Harrisburg and York ain't too bad.

LOL at those scoffing at a $85K home.

How about not living beyond your means, even if that means having to move to more affordable location.

Buy hey, go ahead and live where rent is expensive and/or shitty 2 bedroom homes are going for $400K+.

I bought a small duplex back in 99', knowing I could rent the other side and help pay for over half the mortgage.

It was kind of crappy. I had to deal with renters. It was extremely modest. Whatever. I knew it wasn't permanent and it helped with the monthly budget.

Now I live a very nice home, even has a pool (which is awesome since I'm from Denver and that's unheard of there). I was able to put enough down to afford a 15 year loan instead of 30. This was in 2005, so I'm a few years away from paying it off.

It's fucking crazy to me that people are paying $500k+ for houses back home in Denver. What are these people doing? Who are these dipshits? I know incomes haven't increased at the same rate. I have friends there who have to seriously budget each month and can't afford to do fun stuff like vacations or eating out because of their $3,000 or so mortage+insurance payments.

Insane.

Man, in south central PA, you can find something pretty decent for that price. It won't be no Beverly Hills, but places like Harrisburg and York ain't too bad.
As someone that lives right around the places you mentioned, 85k would get you a beat up house in a ghetto. I guess if that's not too bad, more power to ya!

IDK, I did the opposite.

I had lots of money and no debt, now I have all the debt and no money.

85k home?

Not anywhere near me. Lol
What does a 85k house look like where you live?

rv-camping.jpg

I'm a short term contractor so i'm in and out of jobs a lot. Currently i've been out of work for 6 weeks and still living pretty comfortably through savings. I earn a good amount of money when i'm working so always try to bank some for times like this.

It can be brutal constantly chasing work and having no job security though.

As someone that lives right around the places you mentioned, 85k would get you a beat up house in a ghetto. I guess if that's not too bad, more power to ya!
This ones going for 99k which could be talked down to probably 90k. Again, not the best area but not the worst either.york.PNG

Back