Are we living to just fill a void or there is higher meaning to life's purpose?

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking about this recently, while I've been pretty sick.

Do we just do things to fill that empty space of time in our existence? Thinking there is a higher purpose to it all. I mean we're all here not really completely knowing why we are alive in the first place. It seems to me we just do things to fill in the void of time and space.

And we do things that make us feel good for the most part and try to avoid feeling pain and anguish as little as possible.

But yeah are we actually doing something that is significant in the larger scheme of things? Does it really matter? A million years from now, in this vast universe.

I was just thinking about this recently, while I've been pretty sick.

Do we just do things to fill that empty space of time in our existence? Thinking there is a higher purpose to it all. I mean we're all here not really completely knowing why we are alive in the first place. It seems to me we just do things to fill in the void of time and space.

And we do things that make us feel good for the most part and try to avoid feeling pain and anguish as little as possible.

But yeah are we actually doing something that is significant in the larger scheme of things? Does it really matter? A million years from now, in this vast universe.

We have been over this. You make your own purpose.

I think that is best explained on a person to person basis. Even then, what some define as a higher purpose is deemed an utter waste by others. I'm a good example: when I joined the military after college some said that was a noble thing to do while others thought it was dumb. Same as when I embarked on a 30 year career as a public school teacher.

BTW: how sick are you? Flu related?

to understand how awkward all that is , just write few points of your reallity , eg.

* we are miniature compared to our environment, really small
* we don't know where we are , but we call the environment 'Universe'
* we don't know how Universe was created, when , how big is it now, etc..
* we don't know how we were created, by whom , when, why
* we don't ask to be born, and don't know when we will die
* many humans are killing themselves for stupid reasons, and they also do mass killing animals just to eat their meat although they dont have to do it
* the list just goes on

I think that is best explained on a person to person basis. Even then, what some define as a higher purpose is deemed an utter waste by others. I'm a good example: when I joined the military after college some said that was a noble thing to do while others thought it was dumb. Same as when I embarked on a 30 year career as a public school teacher.

BTW: how sick are you? Flu related?

I had Covid for 5 days, pretty bad too. But I feel a lot better now, that's for sure.

7V5A.gif

We are the highest form of animal on the planet. We essentially rule the planet (or do id your an athiest or think the earth couldnt own our ass). There is a lot of work to be done. That is our purpose.

I've been sick for 5 days too. What drugs have they given you though? They seem to be more potent than the ones I'm on.

I've been sick for 5 days too. What drugs have they given you though? They seem to be more potent than the ones I'm on.

I didn't take much heavy medication. Just Advil most of the time and Amoxi-Clav for my strep throat. The rest just let my body fight it out. Which almost never ending, but finally I feel much better. : - )

I'm on a track to come to perfect love wich will allow me to connect to the power of infinite love and eternal life where life is meaning itself and we all get to take part in an infinite collective expression and appreciation of one another in God.

Already get glimpses of this and once in a while get to partake in it for hours at a time. Every single moment of my life is filled with deep in profound meaning.

One of the most tragic symptoms of our present time is how many people are unconnected from deep and profound meaning. Every single day affords a chance to grow a little bit closer to that goal and many people have no idea.

Feeling that creep of existential dread, huh?

There is no great purpose, even the purpose you created for yourself, which is fickle and can change at the drop of a hat.

That's up to you. Do you want to resonate at a higher vibrational frequency? Then start doing it...

Back