Are we living to just fill a void or there is higher meaning to life's purpose?

Perhaps the more pertinent question could be, is there a higher meaning to MY life's purpose, the individual, in relation to other earthlings.

I would say most likely.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this recently, while I've been pretty sick.

Do we just do things to fill that empty space of time in our existence? Thinking there is a higher purpose to it all. I mean we're all here not really completely knowing why we are alive in the first place. It seems to me we just do things to fill in the void of time and space.

And we do things that make us feel good for the most part and try to avoid feeling pain and anguish as little as possible.

But yeah are we actually doing something that is significant in the larger scheme of things? Does it really matter? A million years from now, in this vast universe.

Do bacteria have a larger purpose in life? Blades of grass? Ants?

If people's answer to that is no for those other forms of life, then how ridiculous would it be to think that somehow we humans do?

We're just the only ones (that we know of) with the mental capacity to sit around wanking on about it.

P.S I hope you recover from your nasty case of super AIDS quickly sherbro.

That's the great thing about life. We can choose to do whatever we want to (unless you're trapped in abject poverty). If your life sucks, fix it. There are so many interesting things to do in this world.

We're here to survive and reproduce. Modern living has made survival and reproduction pretty simple. That's why we're in this mess.

Do we just do things to fill that empty space of time in our existence? Thinking there is a higher purpose to it all. I mean we're all here not really completely knowing why we are alive in the first place. It seems to me we just do things to fill in the void of time and space.

And we do things that make us feel good for the most part and try to avoid feeling pain and anguish as little as possible.

But yeah are we actually doing something that is significant in the larger scheme of things? Does it really matter? A million years from now, in this vast universe.

Few answers for you
1 we create our purpose by living our lives. None of that shit you are thinking about matters and your purpose is to live as you see fit and make the best use of your time

2 is religious. If you are a person of faith that question gets answered for you and your life's purpose to live in accordance with your religion and make it to the kingdom

3 is biological. Your purpose is to spread your genes and ensure a future for them

If you can't find a purpose in 1 or more of those things you likely need some help and have depression or some kind of issue like that.

People that do not believe in God live just to fill a void and religious people there is purpose there another sign God exist because with out there would be no purpose or something to look forward to .you just see the difference between religious person and one who think I do not have to a swear to higher power about anything I do

with out there would be no purpose or something to look forward to .
How sad for you. Can't you find a purpose on your own?

Without mentioning reproduction, you are here to survive. If I tried to suffocate you, you'd have an instinct to fight it.
Yes, I would. But that instinct just evolved; it wasn't put there by a higher power.

Back