How does it feel NOT having to worry about bills and living check to check

I'd be worse off if I were a natural spender, but I'm tight with money, whatever I buy is with the intent to use it until it's dead.
I'm proud of making laptops last years longer than they were supposed to for example, still using the Polk speakers I bought in college

I have a pair of the original Polk SDA 1 speakers that I bought in the 1980s. Great sound but it takes a good amplifier to drive them.

The laziest pieces of shit I've met were business owners and children of business owners who became the business owners. Unions wouldn't be needed if people who owned businesses treated their employees well instead of treating them like slaves. Without unions, workers would still be forced to work long hours for low pay with no benefits 7 days a week.

I was lucky enough to work for a company owned by a man who treated his employees well and paid them fairly. He ran the company himself with 3 office staff. When he died. his children just wanted to cash out and sold it to a company run by a 3rd generation owner who was hands off and had multiple levels of management in place who did nothing but suck up money.

The new owners had 10 people in the office who had no connection to producing the products that made the money.
I worked for a company like that....original owner was amazing. His son took over and was already wealthy so he was just OK. Then the original owners grandkids took over.....fk it I'm out. They were absolutely horrible pieces of shit.

Been union for a good while now....while it's not perfect the good greatly outweighs the bad.

Back