How does it feel NOT having to worry about bills and living check to check

TidWell

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here go from being broke living check to check to earning s decent or great income what was the feeling not having to worry about financial things? Did you feel a sigh of relief?

Me. I went from not owning a home and only having 8K in my bank account to now owning a 85K home with 18K down and having 20K in an investment firm and 8K in the bank.

From rags to riches.

This is what foreigners who migrate to the ol' usa call living the american dream.

But its like Floyd says, it takes hard work and dedication.

It feels stress free. A sense of freedom you don't know you have until it's gone. It's not like an instant, "Oh, now I have money!" thing unless you win the lottery or something.

If you're working your ass off the money comes slowly at first then comes quickly. It's a transition, so you don't really think about it too much. It just "is". It's like working out. You go from out of shape to in shape with a great body and you don't notice it because it's a process over a period of years. But in both cases, when you look back it's like, "Wow, I've come so far. ". During those moments it's kind of trippy and surreal.

Anyway man, try not to despair. Make a plan, stick to it, work your ass off, sacrifice whatever you need to, and move forward. Do that and you'll eventually have money. You'll look back at this moment and think, "Holy shit, I've some so far."

Go get it.

1254172884282.jpg

Me. I went from not owning a home and only having 8K in my bank account to now owning a 85K home with 18K down and having 20K in an investment firm and 8K in the bank.

From rags to riches.

This is what foreigners who migrate to the ol' usa call living the american dream.

What does a 85k house look like where you live?

This house+land package sold for a 1million+
shack.jpg

If you take away the land/location cost, the house alone would still cost more than 85k.

I make very little money. Seriously. Not much at all. But I own my home and so don't give a shit.

I maybe should give a shit, but I don't.

I think 85k will get me a treehouse in the South Bronx.

I don't know but I'm fucking ready to find out

I think 85k will get me a treehouse in the South Bronx.

DUDE!!! You live in the Bronx. In the Bronx. Bronx is the ghetto of the 5 borough.

Fuck Bronx, Brooklyn all the way.

And look up Allentown, PA in places like Trulia and zillow and you will see the nice houses you can get for 100K but I got a good deal for my home.

Last edited:
I can tell you what it feels like going from not living paycheck to paycheck to now living paycheck to paycheck......... not very good.:(

You aint ready yet. We still need you guys making flipping our burgers, making sure if we want fries with that and if we want to super size it.

Hey, I'm building your houses if you wanna get technical

I can tell you what it feels like going from not living paycheck to paycheck to now living paycheck to paycheck......... not very good.:(
I know the feel. The wife took a year off when we had our son. She's back at work now and we should be back to normal in March or so. Living paycheck to paycheck sucks. The bills just pile up and pile up. In fairness, most were medical bills from my health problems i had. But that's not something I expected when i ran the numbers for her to stop working.

That sucks. How did it happen?
Buying a house, unforeseen medical bills, a girlfriend ( ha ha, but seriously), student loans, buying a car long before I thought I would have to......... just a bunch of new expenses that tapped through my savings and I just can't seem to save enough anymore for that nice cushion I used to have.

I'm hoping in the next 5 years, I'll be back on track, just taking more time than I would like

I was living month to month a few years ago.

I got a new job that paid a decent wage and now, I live a bit more comfortably. Develop your skills, apply for jobs and don't be scared to negotiate salary with your boss/interviewer.

From rags to riches.

what the fuck sort of house did you get for 85k, does it even have walls?

I used to earn 40 a year. I was making enough to living pay check to pay check and putting about 200 a month on the credit card. My bosses boss found out I was looking for a new job and now im making 60k with a 5k bonus. Also my girlfriend started paying me 500 a month for rent. All this was about 4 months ago.

It feels pretty fucking amazing to be honest. Im not the type to buy anything crazy so i paid down my debt and enjoying so nice resturants and a ps4 game here and there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back