Status
Not open for further replies.
JonesRumbleFakeBrawl.jpg

Came here expecting UFC Nairobi.
Leaving satisfied. :)

and?

i want to send Kennedy not a shipping container full of UZIS

RELAX BUDDEH.

Don't make me laugh. Kennedy would need at least 3 other people to take over Africa.

Just a curious thought.... I mean they've hit Canada, Mexico, UK, Brazil, Australia, Japan, Germany, Sweden, China, Ireland, Abu Dhabi, Croatia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and South Korea..... So I mean they are pretty far into the international scene... So it brings up the question will they ever do a UFC Event in Africa... And if so where.... I know the reason why they haven't done it yet must be the situation in Africa... The poverty, crime rates, country civil wars... But this shit happens in other areas to... So it can't be the only thing holding them back....

Anyways...

So back to the original question........ Where could they hold an event in Africa....

Johannesburg, South Africa is the first that comes to mind... Large population... Large venue... Easy marketing...

I could see them maybe trying a Cairo, Egypt or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

would they try to make it a fight night type card or give them a PPV?

Also what would the fight card look like... Who could you see them getting on a UFC card in Africa...

Thoughts and opinions?
In time definitely. Nigeria is booming so I could see it down the road

Maybe...but really despite the continents population..i don't think they see much money there.

I'd think India, Russia, and more frequent visits to China are on their list before even a throwaway event in say South Africa or something.
Johannesburg is a huge international destination

Who cares about UFC in Africa, Russia deserves it more.

are you not watching how the olympics in brazil are looking ? now you want mma in africa ? holy fucking bored guy

anywhere other than South Africa would be a huge risk. THese places have such shaky infrastructure and security would probably be a huge issue. Maybe Lagos, Nigeria and addis ababa, Ethiopia. Forget any north african country for sure.

Well...hopefully the UFC brings their own refs because there are some pretty bad ones down there. On a side note, the black armbands were for an EFC fighter who died on the card before.

ipm_gif.jpg

What fight is this?

Egypt, really? For sure it would be in South Africa, Johannesburg or Cape Town, maybe even Durban. Nairobi (Kenia) is also a possibility.
Ngannou vs Lewis as main event
Djibouti

All entrance songs ABBA or BGs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back