Rumored UFC not getting a definitive answer from DDP, Adesanya keen to headline 300 anyway!

dude got ktfou by pereira
then got stalked like a prey by sean
lmao your gonna tell me hes getting a title shot?
hes like win lose win lose
thats crazy

meanwhile idi0ts believe jones doesnt deserve stipe
but izzy deserves unlimited title shot
Lol u just make up arguments in ur head. If you are trolling with this stuff, congrats, you are freaking amazing. One of the best I've seen

It seems like the reason for the delay of a main event announcement for UFC 300, is that negotiations have stalled for the "Autocrat of Africa" battle between du Plessis and Adesanya.

However, this seems to be more on the side of DDP and his team. Perhaps a part in them trying to get UFC to South Africa and have the fight taking place there? Just a guess.

Adesanya took to social media to let the fans know that he's still looking to come back and be a part of the milestone event, though:

Who should they match him up with to "save UFC 300" in your opinion?

Poatan vs Izzy for the LHW Title. Would be massive and just what 300 needs.

Have Pereira defend the 205lb belt and have Adesanya fight Khamzat for #1 contender at 185. Add those two fights and it’s an amazing event.

Guess it would still be missing that mega main event fight. Is what it is.

Islam fought 2 minutes in the last 12 months and took zero strikes in that fight, yet can't fight before june. DDP fought 3 times in the past year, yet he's the one the ufc wants to pressure into making quick turn arounds....

The difference in how ufc treats some champs is ridiculous

Islam won't risk to fight during Ramadan... <WhatIsThis>

dude got ktfou by pereira
then got stalked like a prey by sean
lmao your gonna tell me hes getting a title shot?
hes like win lose win lose
thats crazy

meanwhile idi0ts believe jones doesnt deserve stipe
but izzy deserves unlimited title shot

Stipe is old, done and has not fought in years... Why are you talking about like he's still in his prime ? <{danayeah}>

Is that the reason he gave for not having a fight yet? Here I was thinking it was because he was injured, or as islam fans like to say "he wanted to fight sooner, but ufc won't let him!"

Dana is the one who said that Islam was injured, I'm telling you that he would never fight during Ramadan, injury or not...

He fought whittaker with injuries, and he won't do such things again. When he turned down a title shot, he made it clear that he isn't going to fight under less than optimal conditions anymore. Since winning the title, he's made it even clearer by flat out saying he won't take the risk of fighting injured anymore. The fact that they'd try to put DDP in a similar situation again when he has even more leverage is just stupid on their part.
Yeah they tried to fuck him over with fighting Izzy and whittaker in a 9 week span (has anyone, ever fought 2 fights that high level in that short of a time? serious question)

I think he's earned a break. He went through a lot not taking that Izzy fight, Even the president shitting on him for it publicly. Izzy playing into it, trying to convince fans he "pulled out" when he never agreed to a date. It's a shame people went through such ridiculous lengths to detract from a fighter who is all action and fights anyone.

DDP gonna milk this short lived title reign as long as he can, don't blame him.

Tito is gonna make a comeback and the main event is Tito Vs Dana for that grudge match that they were gonna do in boxing!

It's wild to me that people expect DDP to fight again so quickly, especially after the fight he was just in, meanwhile Islam took next to no damage nearly 4 months ago and still has no fight lined up.

Islam wanted to fight on 299, the UFC wouldn't let him.

Probably too soon for DDP. Especially after the damage he took from his last fight, which was a 5 round war.

> Why can’t Izzy and Strickland fight again?
No belt. It's UFC 300. A no belt main would have to be Conor Chandler
Yeah, there's just one TBD spot on the main card - the headliner. And historically UFC prefer to headline with a title fight even if it's not the most hyped (as with UFC200)

Only event I remember where a non-title fight headlined over a title-fight was when Conor was involved.
UFC 189 where Conor vs Mendez headlined before the title fight Lawler cs MacDonald.

Izzy vs Strickland 2 might be big but not Conor-sized

Last edited:
Back