Rumored UFC not getting a definitive answer from DDP, Adesanya keen to headline 300 anyway!

Sadly I dont think Dana would ever do that.

He won't risk killing off either of his golden gooses.
Its a sad day in mma when either of these are golden gooses. Man I miss Chuck GSP and Vitor........people like that dont seem to be around anymore.

Yeah they tried to fuck him over with fighting Izzy and whittaker in a 9 week span (has anyone, ever fought 2 fights that high level in that short of a time? serious question)

I think he's earned a break. He went through a lot not taking that Izzy fight, Even the president shitting on him for it publicly. Izzy playing into it, trying to convince fans he "pulled out" when he never agreed to a date. It's a shame people went through such ridiculous lengths to detract from a fighter who is all action and fights anyone.
I recall Cerrone fighting Myles Jury and Benson Henderson about 2 weeks apart, and Deiveison Figueiredo had title fights against Benevidez and Lopez and about 3 weeks apart.

Cerrone had quick turnarounds (less than 2 months) a few times in his career.

I recall Cerrone fighting Myles Jury and Benson Henderson about 2 weeks apart, and Deiveison Figueiredo had title fights against Benevidez and Lopez and about 3 weeks apart.

Cerrone had quick turnarounds (less than 2 months) a few times in his career.
Yeah but not clear number 1 contender and title fight right after level opposition.

Fight had about 3 months between those two fights. I forgive you for thinking it was a few weeks, it was during the pandemic where a month felt like a day

The best I could do was bisping fighting Georges and gastelum in 2weeks span.

We all know how that went

Izzy/Khamzat for the 300 Sparta Belt. Actually they can just give them the helmet instead of a belt.

> Why can’t Izzy and Strickland fight again?

Yeah, there's just one TBD spot on the main card - the headliner. And historically UFC prefer to headline with a title fight even if it's not the most hyped (as with UFC200)

Only event I remember where a non-title fight headlined over a title-fight was when Conor was involved.
UFC 189 where Conor vs Mendez headlined before the title fight Lawler cs MacDonald.

Izzy vs Strickland 2 might be big but not Conor-sized
Izzy Sean 2 is doo doo for 300. No title and first fight wasn´t a banger. Though I expect the reamtch to bang. Both just lost. It´s 300. Without a proper main event it will be underwhelming. We didn´t even get 1 HW fight. Co main is a chick fight. First 3 fights are relatively low profile.

It would be fucking ridiculous as izzy is coming off a loss in the division below
Agreed that he doesn’t deserve a title fight, but this is the UFC where merit means nothing.
Plus, there’s bad blood and a growing Poatan fanbase that would love to see him get another chance to beat the China man. Bottom line, it would sell and that what the UFC is all about.

It honestly has the best storyline, all things considered. Triple champ for triple centennial PPV?

Sells itself. Even if the outcome seems obvious.
Yeah man, it's almost poetry. It would be interesting to see Alex's power at heavyweight, but, yeah, Tom would probably win.

Adesanya vs. Chimaev or Adesanya vs. any other top 5
Izzy doesnt deserve and title fight yet

It seems like the reason for the delay of a main event announcement for UFC 300, is that negotiations have stalled for the "Autocrat of Africa" battle between du Plessis and Adesanya.

However, this seems to be more on the side of DDP and his team. Perhaps a part in them trying to get UFC to South Africa and have the fight taking place there? Just a guess.

Adesanya took to social media to let the fans know that he's still looking to come back and be a part of the milestone event, though:

Who should they match him up with to "save UFC 300" in your opinion?

If DDP doesn't want it then hopefully Khamzat will be ready to step in

It’s probably Alex vs Izzy

Maybe so.. there arent a lot of rabbits he can pull out of the hat at this point and overhyping has always been a Dana White thing.
have you never met a promoter in the real world? honestly, half the commenters on here clearly never left the house after school

We have no clue how they treat these guys. All speculation. Maybe some of them are shitheads
You have no clue if you pay no attention. Look at how Jon Jones caused a card to be cancelled, got stripped for a hit and run, stripped again for testing positive for steroids, had a USADA Pulsing exemption created and then had an entire card moved to a different state. Beats his wife, multiple run ins with the law and clearly demonstrates he is a bad citizen in general, yet still gets a gifted HW title and clear preferential treatment from the UFC. Jason High gets TKO'd and protests, shoving a referee in the heat of the moment, acknowledges he was wrong and apologizes profusely but is immediately cut. Re the Jason High incident Dana White said "That Jason High kid got up and pushed a referee - he's cut," White said. "I'm going to cut him. I look at that the way [Paul] Daley put his hands on his opponent after a fight was over. You don't ever, ever f------- touch a referee, ever. You're done here. He's been apologizing on Twitter, but he's done." Conor McGregor jumps into the cage at a Bellator event as a spectator none the less and puts hands on commission officials including referee Marc Goddard.

Miguel Torres tweets a very poor taste rape joke that was a quote from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" and is immediately cut while Conor has multiple rape allegations and no consequences.

McGregor has an easy path cleared for him leading to the FW title, no defenses but gets a LW title shot booked, loses to a Journeyman LW on 11 days notice, Fucks up his headlining UFC 200, wins a MD over that Journeyman LW and gets a LW title shot booked again. ZERO defenses of his second belt and had to be stripped of FW & later LW titles. GSP sets record defense at WW with 9 consecutive but because his last one was a competitive SD Dana shits all over GSP saying he owes Hendricks and the fans a rematch.

These are just a few small examples of clear evidence of how Dana treats some one way and some in similar circumstances get completely opposite treatment.

Tito is gonna make a comeback and the main event is Tito Vs Dana for that grudge match that they were gonna do in boxing!

THAT much desired event would make 300 sell for sure.

War Tito !​

Yan is 1-4 and he still main carding ppvs and lets talk about Tony.
No one said he couldn't headline the card. It just seems unfair to give him a title shot after he lost two out of his last 3 definitively

You can't just take the guys opinion and respond to a different argument lol

Back