Rumored UFC not getting a definitive answer from DDP, Adesanya keen to headline 300 anyway!

As much shit as Dana talked about how "We cant handle the UFC 300 main event", I hope its something more exciting than this.

Ddp did a podcast just the other day and he still wasn't even finished doing his medicals, and he was talking about how he won't take the risk of fighting injured anymore while he's a champ. I highly doubt he'll headline 300 unless the ufc is throwing fuck you level big money his way.

Izzy and ufc should probably stop trying to book a fight with DDP before his current fights are even over. The guy has made it pretty clear that he won't be pressured into fighting under less than optimal conditions.
Yeah and I hope people don't trash him for it this time, it's ridiculous to expect a guy who just fought a hard five rounds a couple weeks back to return so soon.
Like yes, some have done it in the past but DDP's already done his work over the last 13-14 months. He'll probably return in the summer anyways and in the meantime someone can establish themselves as a clear number one contender by picking up some wins cuz right now the only guy who's coming on a streak in the top five is Jared.

For UFC 300, well that's on the UFC for poor planning.
If they can get Khamzat in the US, do him against Izzy as the headliner. It doesn't need it since DDP just fought, but they'd probably put an interim belt on that so that brings in more hype and money for all parties(including DDP).

What part of this is izzy saying he'd like to be on 300? He's just quoting fans that are saying they want him to save 300.

Also, is the rumor that about DDP being indecisive actually coming from how you interpreted izzy reposting a fan's tweet?
Sorry, you are right in that I could have been more clear for sure. Abiola Beckley is Izzy's strength and conditioning coach, and has been a part of Izzy's management for a long time.

So the repost is not of a fan, but I understand that it's easy to think it was without this background info.

Yan is 1-4 and he still main carding ppvs and lets talk about Tony.
dude got ktfou by pereira
then got stalked like a prey by sean
lmao your gonna tell me hes getting a title shot?
hes like win lose win lose
thats crazy

meanwhile idi0ts believe jones doesnt deserve stipe
but izzy deserves unlimited title shot

Who should they match him up with to "save UFC 300" in your opinion?

Israel Adesanya vs Mark Hunt

It would generate a lot of buzz among casuals, which is what UFC 300 desperately needs. And it ties back to UFC 200.

Hunt needs money since lawyers bled him dry. Although he hates the UFC brass, he loves fighting and the UFC are the only ones that would offer him millions. From the UFC's perspective, they wouldn't actually have to pay out anything to Hunt because they could just deduct his fight purse from the millions in legal fees that he has been ordered to pay them.

Izzy taking a fight at heavyweight could reignite his rivalry with Jon Jones.

I hope they can figure out a way to get Chaev in the US. Him vs Izzy would be a great headliner. Even without a belt on the line.

Or make it a 3 round fight and just let Justin and Max headline. That would work too

LOL at DDP thinking they're going to Africa anytime soon. Especially if he turns down UFC 300, I'm sure that'll inspire Dana & Hunter to expedite the process of taking him into South Africa. All this after he turned down the 293 title shot.

If he refuses 300, he's either fighting Izzy down unda, Khamzat in Abu Dhabi, or Strickland in America next gua-ran-teed.

Last edited:
As much shit as Dana talked about how "We cant handle the UFC 300 main event", I hope its something more exciting than this.

People are looking way too much into this

It was some in the moment off handed comment he made while in the back of a car streaming on the way to go play black jack lol

And the “super fight” prior was Kayla vs holly

He whole “best card of all time” shit never happened either,

He said the overall card would be so stacked we would holy shit at the prelims

And ya lopes who just main carded MSG now being the first fight on the early prelims is pretty holy shit

Ppl really gotta temper their expectations here lol everyone setting themselves up for massive disappointment man

Ddp did a podcast just the other day and he still wasn't even finished doing his medicals, and he was talking about how he won't take the risk of fighting injured anymore while he's a champ. I highly doubt he'll headline 300 unless the ufc is throwing fuck you level big money his way.

Izzy and ufc should probably stop trying to book a fight with DDP before his current fights are even over. The guy has made it pretty clear that he won't be pressured into fighting under less than optimal conditions.

In total there is 2 months, 24 days between Dricus's last 5 round fight and UFC 300.

If he won by a quick submission/KO, this would be fast but not ridiculous. Considering he just fought 5 hotly contested rounds, got busted up and his next fight is another 5 round title bout, no way.

UFC is so bush league with this stuff, its a joke.

I know its annoying to interject 'fighter pay' into every discussion, but its clear the UFC uses fighters lack of advocacy and low revenue split to force them into making bad decisions. Athletes who are desperate will act accordingly.

Good for Dricus knowing not to fall for this BS.

When people talked about Izzy/Pereira at LHW, Izzy was "injured".

Now that the DDP fight is considered, he's fine

Why not just book him against Pereira?

Didn't he recently say he was healthy and good to do for 300 ?

That sparring match with Sean didn't warant some 5 month recovery period

However wanting to be at his best to keep his belt is understandable. Big fights drain energy and time.

Izzy fighting for any title on any card next is pure bullshit. He’s already gotten a free TS at LHW. And also his instant rematch. Go win a fucking fight. That would not “save” the card for me. It’s a very good card. But people are so used to crying about the quality of cards. It’s a fucking meme in and of itself, now. Izzy getting any kind of title shot would do the opposite of “saving” any card for me.

Islam fought 2 minutes in the last 12 months and took zero strikes in that fight, yet can't fight before june. DDP fought 3 times in the past year, yet he's the one the ufc wants to pressure into making quick turn arounds....

The difference in how ufc treats some champs is ridiculous
We have no clue how they treat these guys. All speculation. Maybe some of them are shitheads

Back