Will we ever see a UFC Event in Africa?

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I understand what you guys are saying... South Africa is an obvious given for a venue... Cairo, Egypt however isn't that out there as many of you think... They have the 2nd largest and newest arena outside of the one in Johannesburg...

And I see them doing a fight night type card... I agree with @ I_IZ_BACK
that Ngannou vs Lewis should be on the card but maybe as Co-Main Event or a headliner.

Cairo and the surrounding area has a huge population, but I wonder if MMA is popular at all in Egypt?

Cairo and the surrounding area has a huge population, but I wonder if MMA is popular at all in Egypt?

Don't know... But the wealthy will gladly pay to be there...

I know it's obviously not huge there like say soccer.... But I would think there has gotta be enough of a fan base to at least give it a go.... If it doesn't turn out they won't go back for a yearly event...

I could see South Africa's chance at getting it being better...

Large fan base and they could pontentially get a once a year maybe twice a year event.

somebody recommended a ufc event in Cameroon But Dana was unsure if their athletic commission would approve...then he was unsure if Cameroon has an athletic commission
dana-white2.jpg

But Dana saw money in the event regardless of the legal or moral aspects. "ITS FUCKING AFRICA!!!" he was quoted as saying. rps20160511_032223 (1).jpg images.jpg

Dana smiled incessantly, while he thought of who to place on the card. download (57).jpg

"I'LL ADD MYSELF.....AND I'LL FIGHT TITO....NO!.....A LION!!!!!
dana-white.jpg
But then the Ghanaians became angered Cameroon was receiving its own event before them
maxresdefault.jpg even fringe fighters from the Sudan threatened the likelihood of a ufc in central Africa. Although Dana was swift and articulate, In his diplomatic response. image (1) (1).gif

Last edited:
It's pretty cool that people from all these different nations are eager to experience a live UFC event in person.

Lol... I still say they need to make a stop in Kansas City, MO sometime... Haven't been to a ufc event in my hometown yet and it would be a perfect location for one...

And big mma scene...

Please UFC!!!! Bring UFC to KC!

Lol

Thanks for that LOL. Lost pretty early at "unsure if Cameroon has an athletic commission"

Oh Dana

The UFC could easily sell out a stadium in Cape Town or Joburg, but they won't bother because they aren't on TV here. For some weird reason they haven't been able to do a deal with Supersport (the richest satellite TV provider on the continent).

Just a curious thought.... I mean they've hit Canada, Mexico, UK, Brazil, Australia, Japan, Germany, Sweden, China, Ireland, Abu Dhabi, Croatia, Netherlands, New Zealand, Philippines, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, and South Korea..... So I mean they are pretty far into the international scene... So it brings up the question will they ever do a UFC Event in Africa... And if so where.... I know the reason why they haven't done it yet must be the situation in Africa... The poverty, crime rates, country civil wars... But this shit happens in other areas to... So it can't be the only thing holding them back....

Anyways...

So back to the original question........ Where could they hold an event in Africa....

Johannesburg, South Africa is the first that comes to mind... Large population... Large venue... Easy marketing...

I could see them maybe trying a Cairo, Egypt or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

would they try to make it a fight night type card or give them a PPV?

Also what would the fight card look like... Who could you see them getting on a UFC card in Africa...

Thoughts and opinions?
Brudda, I 'ope dey AR make diz eevent ok

What about Nigeria?
I asked my buddy - that happens to be a generous Nigerian prince - he says that it would be a great success.

Wouldn't it be a bit dangerous with all the lions and elephants roaming freely?

What if one of them jumped in the cage during a fight, the fighters could be trapped in the cage with a hungry lion!

...that would be pretty awesome actually, I hope they book it ASAP. I bet Mighty Mouse would do well vs an elephant

Wouldn't it be a bit dangerous with all the lions and elephants roaming freely?

What if one of them jumped in the cage during a fight, the fighters could be trapped in the cage with a hungry lion!

...that would be pretty awesome actually, I hope they book it ASAP. I bet Mighty Mouse would do well vs an elephant
The first UFC was supposed to have alligators around the fighting area.
I don't have a clue why they didn't go with that brilliant idea.
The time is now.

Those guys with guns in Nigeria look African to me bruh.

If they had more guns then the innocent could defend themselves... where have I heard that before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back