Will we ever see a event comparable with Man Landing on the Moon on our Lifetime

Contacting an intelligent Alien Life form would blow everything out of the water.

Yes it would.

The questions that would be posed upon such a discover would put all those before to shame. The look in fundamental religious types will be priceless. Then again, an alien prophet would not be far behind

Getting out of friend zone undetected.

Won't happen for at least another 2 million years

What is this opinion based on?

Not an opinion according to things I've read. And the next sentence was my basis. It doesn't provide the same profit or why else would they hold back a discovery like that. I don't know where I've read and heard these things.

The internet happened in our lifetime. We don't think of it as a milestone because it's adoption took many years and it crept up on everyone, but I think it's just as important.

I would agree that the creation of the internet has been the single most important event of our generation. Second would be falling of the Soviet Union. Third would be natural disasters and all that jazz.

It's really hard to predict what will occur in the future, but I wholeheartedly look forward to it.

Back