Will we ever see a event comparable with Man Landing on the Moon on our Lifetime

Hoverboards. It's going to happen some day in the not-so-distant future. Artificial gravity may be developed as well, but that is dramatically lower on the cool-o-meter.

Buildings have been getting destroyed for thousands of years, not all that impressive.

I mostly agree with this. The only reason it was a big deal was because it was in America. If it had happened in somewhere else(especially third world) it wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

As far as tragic stuff goes in 2004 a 9.3 earthquake (second highest ever recorded) hit in the Indian ocean killing over 250,000 people across 11 different countries and completely destroyed countless towns/cities/villages.

someone out there is bound to clone a human soon.. IDK if that's as impressive since a lot of shit's been cloned but it'd be pretty cool

Shoemaker-Levy 9 was a pretty big deal. I was only 14 at the time, but it totally communicated to me just how small we (mankind) were. It's impact is pretty underrated.

Within our lifetime i think we'll see at least one of the following:

Landing a Man on Mars
Contact with Extra terrestrial life (SETI breakthrough)
Artificial Intelligence outstripping Humans

For me is if we ever make contact with Alien life, I'm talking about on TV they show up and just try to talk and its either hostile or we just stand in awe of what is hapenning.

i actually think the first man in space is more significant that first man on the moon. i kinda think america plays that one up because it was the one they managed to do first.

also creating an inhabitable space station is better as well

9/11 was tiny it's been blown out of proportion for years because of conspiracy theories and it was blown out of proportion by the governments reponse.

Real catastrophic events are detailed below.

2004 Indian Ocean earthquake and tsunami
2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami
Rwandan Genocide

For me is if we ever make contact with Alien life, I'm talking about on TV they show up and just try to talk and its either hostile or we just stand in awe of what is hapenning.

This is really the only thing that would be super cool and new. Quantum computers or AI, would be really neat too.

i actually think the first man in space is more significant that first man on the moon. i kinda think america plays that one up because it was the one they managed to do first.

also creating an inhabitable space station is better as well

Not even close to the achievement of landing on the moon. The Chinese tried it almost 50 years later with just a robot and overall, still failed!

This is really the only thing that would be super cool and new. Quantum computers or AI, would be really neat too.

Not even close to the achievement of landing on the moon. The Chinese tried it almost 50 years later with just a robot and overall, still failed!

being the first person to leave earth's atmosphere in human history, not even close?

creating a place where people can actually live outside of earth's atmosphere, not even close?

Zer for presidente.

You know what would be cool: Buying another country and then declaring their official language as Klingon and forcing all children to study it for 12 years.

Zer for presidente.

You know what would be cool: Buying another country and then declaring their official language as Klingon and forcing all children to study it for 12 years.

how would that be cool, again?

being the first person to leave earth's atmosphere in human history, not even close?

creating a place where people can actually live outside of earth's atmosphere, not even close?

Both are absolutely momentous accomplishments. I kind of agree that escaping Earth's athmosphere and achieving orbit can be argued to be comparable as a pivotal moment. Low Earth Orbit requires an incredible 9.4 km/s of Delta V (5.8 miles per second). Once orbit is achieved, a huge amount of the groundwork for lunar missions is done.

What if North Korea aka Best Korea, said to hell with it and tried to take South Korea? That be pretty monumental and might have the added effect of starting WWIII.
They can only starve for so long before something gives after all.

Back