Will we ever see a event comparable with Man Landing on the Moon on our Lifetime

if things go on track the mar's mission.

If someone can complete the cinnamon challenge...

Thinly veiled attempt to shit on North Korea landing a man on the sun IMO

I sure as hell hope so. Hopefully we discover some kind of cool life form but at the least landing on Mars will suffice. Within the next 15-20 years I expect something really cool to happen. I honestly feel like there will be an apocalyptic event in my life time. I'll survive.

yep, 9-11. Biggest event of our lifetime, and I doubt anything will top it for a globally newsworthy event for decades.

People hoping for a "cure for cancer" do not understand the nature of the affliction. Each type of cancer is completely different as to be seen and approached as a wholly different disease. Eventually they will all be cured though through gene doping, stem cells, or nanotech - it is inevitable. But it'll happen in slow increments so itll never be one big worldchanging event.

For our children and grandchildren - they will witness the singularity and true AI that operates on its own motives and impulse, perhaps to our detriment.

it would have to be one stacked card.

That's for sure

Obama. America finally reaching a point where they would elect a negro, Muslim president. Progress.

Theres things happening right now that is just as significant but most dont care

THey have created cloning, super novas on earth, replicated black holes. Technology is impressive every day

Cure for HIV or Cancer. Also if the Research community figures out a stable Nuclear Fusion reactor. Unlimited free energy=essentially the end of finite resources in this world.

Close encounter of the 3rd kind perhaps?

Back