Should we have a man on the Moon again be priority over people going to Mars?

Should we have a man on the Moon again be priority over people going to Mars?

• Total voters
As long as REM doesn’t write some dog shit song about it. Then yeah.

This has gotta be the lamest thread I've ever read in all the many forums I'm part of on the whole Internet. All BS :):)

People cant figure out how to properly live here on Earth and wanna venture out to the cosmos.

Typical.

I remember thinking how most people I know with issues on the homefront tend to take off on vacations to "forget" their problems. People wanting to go to the moon or mars is pretty much the same thing, to a much greater extent of course.

Mars should be the priority. It has never been done. And the technology needed to do it would benefit everyone here on earth greatly, just like the missions to the moon did decades ago.

Also, we already know how to solve all of the problems on earth. But people simply don’t want to.
For instance, America produces enough GDP that we could feed and clothe every person in the country, and probably house them too. And we’d still have change to spare.

But nobody is voting in politicians who push for things like universal healthcare, a universal basic incomes, or government provided housing for the homeless. Shit, some states won’t even pay for kids’ school lunches.

We had the child poverty tax credit during Covid which halved child poverty and homelessness. And the politicians everyone still votes for decided to end that.

There have been landings on Mars of unmanned vehicles. Landing humans on Mars does nothing to advance science. Humans require a lot of support just to keep them alive.

Did the human landings on the moon really contribute much to science other than to point out the dangers of space travel. The short duration of those trips managed to avoid some of the dangerous solar radiation spikes that could cause major problems. We stopped going because there was no good reason to keep going. There wasn't a positive cost/benefit.

The problem with both projects is there is nowhere to go from a landing. Once you get past the "we did x" euphoria we're inevitably going to leave just like we did with the Moon. There needs to be a goal beyond checking it off a list to say we did it. However checking it off a list is the core of the boomers nostaglia and they don't actually want to return to the Moon or go to Mars. What they want is to return to the 60s before their stupid generation destroyed everything.

We can't even get to the moon again (if we even made it there the first time)

Where's the incentive to go to fucking mars coming from?

I'd rather they use those billions(trillions?) of dollars, and spend it on the home world, than on a dude stepping in some moon dirt.

Instead of taking a man back to the moon why don't we lower the price for a house and lower the rent.

The American dream is dead!

We already went to the moon and fuck Mars!

There have been landings on Mars of unmanned vehicles. Landing humans on Mars does nothing to advance science. Humans require a lot of support just to keep them alive.

Did the human landings on the moon really contribute much to science other than to point out the dangers of space travel. The short duration of those trips managed to avoid some of the dangerous solar radiation spikes that could cause major problems. We stopped going because there was no good reason to keep going. There wasn't a positive cost/benefit.
A lot of the technologies created for both have contributed to everything in various ways. The moon landings especially.

It's been since 1972 was the last person on the Moon. Should we send a person on to the moon again before going to Mars?

1563489997538.jpeg

astronauts-space-suits-walk-exploring-mars-shut.jpg

Honestly.. It must be a Disabled Gay Woman of non Caucasian descent to meet the universes DEI quota.

Back