Who's next for Volk?

I vote Cejudo or Giga. Max or Yair may deserve it more, but seriously, 3 out of the last 4 fights for Volk would be against Max. That's just silly. And yes, I'm assuming Max beats Yair, which may prove a faulty assumption on my part. Obviously if Yair beats Max, that's the fight.

Yair hopefully

I want to see howvolk handles everybody

Move up and fight Conor

A rematch with Ortega

if AV is a real champion he’ll do it

I don’t understand why the white-stans-not-fight-fans are so vehemently opposed to this

how so? they both were world champions in their respective divisions?
much like triple C and GSP are similar in being retired timewise and bothing retiring as champs (never lost it)

Bisping and Volk both were regarded as mediocre fighters who were not championship material, but also both of them proved the masses wrong. I could pull up countless threads on either Bisping or Volk saying they're nothing special, X fighter or Z fighter will beat them n soo on, and yet they prove haters wrong everytime. Much like Triple C has, everytime someones doubted him (olympic gold, ufc belt, 2 division champ)

Bisping retired shortly after. They’re at different stages of their careers. Bisping was still very skilled and dangerous but his best years were behind him at that point. Volk is in his prime right now.

I also don’t think Volk was regarded as a mediocre fighter after he came off of 2 wins against Max.

nope, he came back at middleweight (his first middleweight bout in the UFC) after a 4 year layoff and dominated the champ, before that he was dominating Welterweight.
Depth at FW? Volk, a Max whos 0-2 with the champ who keeps killing contenders, Tcity who just went to war, Jeremy who the fuck is that guy stephens, Giga on the come up, Yair about to get hype derailed AGAIN, KZ, Kattar, barboza, fricken Dan Ige?? what fuckin depth are you talkin bout? those last 3 guys are commin off loses.

The fact you even mentioned LHW is enough for me to stop debating here.
200.gif

henry competed at 125 and a couple at 135. Coming out of retirement to challenge at 145 would be the equivalent of GSP coming out of retirement to challenge at 205. Simple enough, retard?

Bisping retired shortly after. They’re at different stages of their careers. Bisping was still very skilled and dangerous but his best years were behind him at that point. Volk is in his prime right now.

I also don’t think Volk was regarded as a mediocre fighter after he came off of 2 wins against Max.
although i respect what you're saying, Imo Bispings best 'prime' time was when he was the champ, although you can argue skill wise he was better a few years prior, he never achieved the title thus I think it's unfair to say he was his best when wasn't the UFC champ, but I get where you're coming from. Volk certainly is in his prime, who knows how long he can sustain it for, what more achievements he can obtain etc.

I seen a bit of smoke goin his way until he beat Ortega honestly but that was probably Ortega fans more than Volk doubters/haters.

on a side note, Whats next for Ortega from here, would he benefit from a move to LW or should he keep at it in 145?

How about McGregor cutting down to 145 and trying to get that belt back?

only conor the fw goat makes sense for volk now

henry competed at 125 and a couple at 135. Coming out of retirement to challenge at 145 would be the equivalent of GSP coming out of retirement to challenge at 205. Simple enough, retard?
no just no

Henry was 125 and 135lb champ yes (double champ) then retired

GSP was ONLY ever 170lb champ then retired

very different cases only a retard couldn't see.

now maybe if GSP was double champ then retired and came back and won a 3rd title in a 3rd division then maybe JUST maybe it'd be the same. I got some news for ya tho buddy, no ones achieved 3 titles in 3 divisions in the UFC yet... Triple C has put his name forward for a potential chance, and personally I think his credentials deserve it considering the state of FW ... while we wait for Max/Yair winner and Giga to win another since everyones sayings he needs 1 more., no one else is 'deserving', hell i bet if TJ or Jose wanted to move up for a shot Dana would be willing

no just no

Henry was 125 and 135lb champ yes (double champ) then retired

GSP was ONLY ever 170lb champ then retired

very different cases only a retard couldn't see.

now maybe if GSP was double champ then retired and came back and won a 3rd title in a 3rd division then maybe JUST maybe it'd be the same. I got some news for ya tho buddy, no ones achieved 3 titles in 3 divisions in the UFC yet... Triple C has put his name forward for a potential chance, and personally I think his credentials deserve it considering the state of FW ... while we wait for Max/Yair winner and Giga to win another since everyones sayings he needs 1 more., no one else is 'deserving', hell i bet if TJ or Jose wanted to move up for a shot Dana would be willing

Give it up, retard.

My problem with doing Max 3 after Volk beat him twice is what do you do if Max wins? They pretty much have to do Max/Volk 4 in that case, and even if Max beats him again they're still tied so Volk would be fairly justified in calling for a 5th fights since he gave Max two rematches.
I also just thought how crazy it is that Zabit just fell right out of the conversation. I know he has health issues now, but he basically pushed himself out of any title picture even before that. If you'd told me two years ago that Zabit would never fight for the title I would have called you crazy.

Max-Volk 3 is not the way to go. Maybe if Max wins against Yair. Right now Giga or even Emmett would be a good fight for Volk. If on the rare chance Triple C is in the conversation then let him get the shot above all else.

CCC is the fight to make. Dana you pink goof, get it done. Volk wants to fight again soon.

Throw it on the new years card.

Max/Yair winner. Volk/Max 2 was basically a draw and Max looked his best vs Kattar, so he's still the top guy at FW. Yair beating Max makes him that. I like Giga, but should earn it. And think he's basically the new Barboza. A good striker with a lacking ground game, not champ material.

Back