The narrative that Volk has slowed down is bogus

More the age (of course age is a factor, it as ts pointed out, it hasn’t been a long span since Volk wrecked Yair), based on what Volk recently said, I think the mental part was a considerable factor. Volk said he was basically battling with himself because he wanted to fight the way he does, but he was fighting with apprehension of getting ko’d again. That mental conflict in a firefight is enough to cause a mistake that an opponent can capitalize on.
It was islam's damage ko, why are you all acting like he aged in 3 months.
Islam broke him up just like ferguson got broken by gaethje, not as much but still enough to take part of him out

He took a clean head kick from Islam and was still with it

The punch was clean but does he go out cold right away from it in the past? Or is he just badly rocked and gets finished/fights through it?

Aside from his physical abilities I get the sense he may just be fraught with doubt about his future. Training is getting tougher, recovery is becoming slower, people are starting to seriously hurt him... He's indicated that without a fight coming up he loses focus and becomes depressed and drinks too much.. he could be physically sharp but how much does he really want this and see it as a future worth investing himself in, and how much do his doubts about what's next chip away at him etc. He's still a very capable and dangerous guy but I agree he needs some time to relax and reflect if he has any ambition to remain fighting at title level

no version of Volk keeps his chin tucked into his chest, uses oblique movements to get out of the opponent's line of shots, rotates on his front foot to get out of close range: he always moves in straight lines, back and forth...

Let's see if it's the right time for some athletes in the most famous promotion to finally start training seriously in boxing; 15 years have passed since GSP demonstrated that the jab works in mma but i don't think the mentality has changed much since then.

I dream of the day when i no longer have to read messages from people who think that throwing exotic kicks or elbows or spinning shit is better than mastering the use of the most precise, energetically efficient and statistically most decisive natural weapons that human beings possess.

Back