Social When is a sucker punch not a sucker punch?

I Hate these fucks. These videos get me so pissed off because of the cowards that likely brag about this shit. I would like to see it happen once in person. A clothesline would be perfect

By your logic this is NOT a Sucker Punch because she was arguing in his face and she put a hand up like she was going to eye poke him. She should have been ready to defend herself. :rolleyes:

cJkPRl.gif

source.gif

The scar on my lip came courtesy of a sucker punch. Some drunk guy in a club thought I was pushing up on his lady. I explained I was married and was doing no such thing. I thought it was settled then he spins back a cracks my lip open. I was stunned and shocked thinking to myself, "Did this dude really just sucker punch me?" Before I could react, my brother in law who is also a firefighter clocking in at 6'2' 250 rushes past me and floors the dude. There were a bunch of us there for a few post bachelor party drinks. It took nearly the whole group to get my brother in law off him. Someone said they they saw the guy who hit me missing some teeth.

Luckily for us, we knew the cops at the door and ghosted before arrests were made. They thought a stitched lip for some teeth was a fair exchange. I wasn't gonna argue. I didn't want my brother in law to lose his job.

<TrumpWrong1>

It doesn't matter if some one has threatened you. If he is not expecting the punch it's a sucker punch. I agree it's his fault but still technically a sucker punch.

suck·er punch
noun
  1. an unexpected punch or blow.
verb
  1. hit (someone) with an unexpected punch or blow.
    "Joe sucker-punched him and knocked him out"
Here's a better definition:
Definition of sucker punch

transitive verb

: to punch (a person) suddenly without warning and often without apparent provocation

Verbal assault is the start of a confrontation and counts as apparent provocation

transitive verb

: to punch (a person) suddenly without warning and often without apparent provocation

Verbal assault is the start of a confrontation and counts as apparent provocation

Key word there is often. It can be without provocation, but that doesn't mean an unexpected punch isn't a sucker punch just because there was 'verbal assault.'

transitive verb

to punch (a person) suddenly without warning
I agree
and often without apparent provocation
I agree ... Sometimes a Sucker Punch is unprovoked - but sometimes even when provoked - it is still a sucker punch.
I agree.. If someone verbally assaults me enough to really piss me off I may Sucker Punch Him. The chances of me Sucker Punching him increases if he has a weapon as i don't want to alert him that I'm going to try to knock him out.

Key word there is often. It can be without provocation, but that doesn't mean an unexpected punch isn't a sucker punch just because there was 'verbal assault.'
Doesn't mean that is is a sucker punch just because someone was dumb enough not to expect a punch after verbally assaulting someone

I agree

I agree ... Sometimes a Sucker Punch is unprovoked - but sometimes even when provoked - it is still a sucker punch.
I agree.. If someone verbally assaults me enough to really piss me off I may Sucker Punch Him. The chances of me Sucker Punching him increases if he has a weapon as i don't want to alert him that I'm going to try to knock him out.

You can keep repeating 'sucker punch' in hope that it will stick, but that won't work on me. You just sound like a broken record.

Expect to get hit if you get in someone's face. A failure to expect a punch, does not a sucker punch make.

Sucker punch=being a drunk loser on Sherdog who backtraces posters then tries to trash their band on IG and then when blocked from the IG account, proceed to email the bands account.

Not that you would remember doing such a thing you fucking dork.
Go on....

Doesn't mean that is is a sucker punch just because someone was dumb enough not to expect a punch after verbally assaulting someone

Some of us are civilized and don't hit people just because they 'verbally assaulted' us. If you hit someone who isn't fully aware of the fact they're in a physical fight, it's a sucker punch.

You can keep repeating 'sucker punch' in hope that it will stick, but that won't work on me.

This proves that you lack the ability to reason and are in denial of the truth even when the truth sucker punches you in the face.
I'm done wasting my time trying to educate you with undeniable facts.

Some of us are civilized and don't hit people just because they 'verbally assaulted' us. If you hit someone who isn't fully aware of the fact they're in a physical fight, it's a sucker punch.

Agreed. And many things indicate to us whether or not a person is ready for a physical confrontation - body language, eye contact, etc. People instinctively know when someone is not ready and when they are. It’s a big part of our fight or flight response. So most people’s response is to fight when the other person is in flight mode, or not ready. If the other person is ready, most people just want to jaw at them until they see an opportunity to sucker punch them. That’s what I’ve noticed. And I have seen many, many fights on the street.

All Sucker Punches are punches but not all punches are Sucker Punches.
What's your point?
You're already making it for me. Don't mistake that for my not getting your point tho, we're just approaching the term in different ways. I think we're both on the same side thinking that fights are a dirty, dirty piece of business.

By your logic this is NOT a Sucker Punch because she was arguing in his face and she put a hand up like she was going to eye poke him. She should have been ready to defend herself. :rolleyes:

cJkPRl.gif

source.gif
It’s not. When you get in peoples face you should expect for bad things to happen. Just because some people are dumb as hell and don’t expect it doesn’t mean it’s a sucker punch.

You can fuck off with this civilized shit, I don't fight people in the street so none of this applies to me.

According to you, anyone who throws first is automatically a sucker puncher. Do I have to state my intent to fight first before I throw a punch? Maybe shout out "I am going to fight you!" before I punch just to be sure. Or do I have to wait for the person to put their fists up?
Do you not see how ridiculous that is?

This proves that you lack the ability to reason and are in denial of the truth even when the truth sucker punches you in the face.
I'm done wasting my time trying to educate you with undeniable facts.

This post proves you are not capable of discussion. Concession accepted.

Whether it be the Street Coliseum or Worldstar or whatever, there are a lot of accusations of sucker punches.

Some people seem to believe that it's a sucker punch unless the guys are squared up pawing jabs at each other.

My personal opinion on the matter is that it doesn't count as a sucker punch if there are fighting words and/or threats within two steps of punching range. If you're talking shit and threatening someone who is that close to you, you're relying on pure faith that you don't get hit. That's not a sucker punch.

If someone runs up on you (especially from the side or back) and clocks you, sure. Sucker punch. It's hard for me to think of someone hitting someone face-to-face during shit talk as a sucker punch

Here is an example:

In the Reddit thread I first saw this, people were calling it a sucker punch. But the guy had a weapon (baton) and threatened to break the other guy's kneecaps. That's not a sucker punch. Thats a dude hoping his bravado would scare away someone ready to fight.

Discuss

I think it's a sucker. The guy he hit had his arm out and was slowly taking a step back. He was trying to create space. The weapon was for defense and to discourage a physical attack. The body language suggests he didn't want to fight.

Add in the confidence that guy landed the shots with suggests he was quite comfortable with a physical confrontation.

You can keep repeating 'sucker punch' in hope that it will stick, but that won't work on me. You just sound like a broken record.

Expect to get hit if you get in someone's face. A failure to expect a punch, does not a sucker punch make.

I can recall two situations when I was in busy nightclubs where some dude was suddenly in my face and raging and i was confronted with his anger without knowing wtf was going on.

One time one of my friends, nearby said the guy was muttering about me bumping him and spilling his drink, in what was a packed club.

When faced with that, and seeing how he was on the verge of potentially swinging at mei squared up, returned eye contact and got physically aggressive in my demeanor as well, not looking to fight but to show him I was ready and was not backing down.

Is your position I must back down or I deserve any punch I get and if he immediately just threw a punch before I realized what was up, it is not a sucker punch?

Is your view that, that same guy goes to clubs and pretty much gets in fights each weekend with guys he steps to, for whatever reason he thinks they slighted him, and he is always just throwing that first punch at anyone who squares back up to him, ...that it is not a sucker punch, ever?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back