Do people underestimate how deadly a UFC fighter is in a street fight?

Umm... If I sucker punched Jon Jones with a big ole baton in the back of his head im pretty sure i'd win the street fight

Life in prison but street fight won

That's the thing about street shit. There's no hand to hand combat or honor or whatever. It's about coming out on top with whatever means necessary.

Last edited:
I once knocked out BJ Penn in a street fight.
712e65f11029e5c8aa7298a33949d8e37173200c.gif

goat. you should lay off the beers tho

Nah, they overestimate them if anything and pretend weight classes don't exist. Size is true both in the cage and the streets. Within a REASONABLE size the better fighter will win, but past that things can become fucked no different than in MMA where a LW just isn't beating a HW.

This is inspired by some Twitter MMA dude posting a pic about how nobody would ever guess that skinny nerd Chase Hooper would 100% beat 5x Olympian Chris Bumstead. CBum and Chase are the same height but CBum is over 100lbs heavier than Chase. Saying it's 100% Chase is retarded, the size and strength difference is off the charts.

And before someone says Royce/Ken/whoever...This also isn't the early 90s where nobody knew how to do any martial arts if they hadn't specifically trained under an actual coach/dojo. Today everybody's grappled and boxed even just casually with their friends. They may not have the skill level of an actual MMA fighter, but your random bro knows how to guillotine someone.

Pro fighters should always have the advantage in any fight - but a ruthless badass with no rules could for sure invite surprises.

Almost every incident involving MMA fighters or boxing in street fights or against cops has them losing and losing badly. Sometimes with them literally getting permanent brain damage or getting killed. Jon Jones, the most psychotic MMA fighter outside of like War Machine, still ran after someone with a shotgun rather than go unarmed. Because even he knew that MMA champion level skills pale in comparison to just shooting someone. First lessons in military CQC/MCMAP are pretty much all about shooting someone at close range.

Street fights have no rules. Guns? Knives? Smashing someone's head against concrete? 2 on 1? 10 on 1? Sucker punches? You would be an idiot to engage in one. Hence why most of them involve copious amounts of drinking or gang violence being an initiator. Because not knowing if someone is armed or with a gang or if a bouncer might smash your head in from behind....but still choosing to fight anyways.....is about as stupid as you can get.

Almost every incident involving MMA fighters or boxing in street fights or against cops has them losing and losing badly. Sometimes with them literally getting permanent brain damage or getting killed. Jon Jones, the most psychotic MMA fighter outside of like War Machine, still ran after someone with a shotgun rather than go unarmed. Because even he knew that MMA champion level skills pale in comparison to just shooting someone. First lessons in military CQC/MCMAP are pretty much all about shooting someone at close range.

Street fights have no rules. Guns? Knives? Smashing someone's head against concrete? 2 on 1? 10 on 1? Sucker punches? You would be an idiot to engage in one. Hence why most of them involve copious amounts of drinking or gang violence being an initiator. Because not knowing if someone is armed or with a gang or if a bouncer might smash your head in from behind....but still choosing to fight anyways.....is about as stupid as you can get.

A lot of people think street fights are actual honourable fights just in street setting. That you square up, fight when agreed upon, and don't purposefully do anything dirty and whoever wins wins.

Ridiculous. It's nothing like that. And I'm only saying this from basic experiences like sucker punches, drinks thrown/other distractions (into sucker punches), getting jerseyed then attacked, bottles,, and having friends come in with flying knees when you're beating their friend. It can be 1000% worse with weapons which thankfully has never happened to me but I have witnessed.

A street fight is an ACTUAL fight. Avoid it at all costs, but if not fight to finish however you can as though your life depended on it and get the fuck out of there as quickly as possible.

I once kicked Shane Carwin in the shin and dumped a drink on his head.

I'm still alive

they overestimate. see the thing is the average adult male these days trains like a pro athlete. takes testosterone and blue chew and uses absurd amounts of caffeine and pre work out filled with usada banned vitamins on top of this they don't have to adhere to weight classes, cut weight, take any damage at all. When pro fighter meets guy on the street - pro fighter is already used goods- regular guy is there ready for that one moment more than the fighter could ever be

Street fights are such chaotic and unpredictable situations, are there weapons involved, how many people etc. bas rutten has a story about him beating up like 10 bouncers in some foreign bar, then lee Murray got stabbed in the chest and almost died. Anyone can get slept by a shot they don’t see coming. Having said that, I think most high level fighters MW and above would have no problem mopping the floor with multiple tough guys, it gets a little cloudier with the smaller weight class guys, especially the ones without much power and those who need a lot of space to work. Even then cejudo or Mighty Mouse in a 1 on 1 would beat 95% of regular tough guys regardless of size

Back