Do people underestimate how deadly a UFC fighter is in a street fight?

Are you just being purposefully daft or something? You think street fights are happening at billionaire country clubs or something?

We’re not talking about Israel and Palestine here with guns blazing and knives flying everywhere. Most public fights start in public spaces like bars, clubs or stores. If we’re just making up some action movie/wwe scenario where guys are brawling with crowbars and swords then maybe Dana white shows up like Vince McMahon and hits x ufcs fighters attacker over the head with a steel chair.

People in here acting like fighters don’t have an advantage are using the argument that they get ambushed by people with weapons lmao. I wouldn’t consider that a fight.

Did you even read that story? It was his brother Valentijn, another pro fighter, who got attacked by security so Overeem jumped the security. Literally what everybody's talking about that makes street fights dangerous: peoples friends and family jump in when you don't expect it. It's even worse if they end up being a pro fighter.

He also hurt his hand doing so and had to pull out of his fight because of it. Again, showing street fights are generally more dangerous as you don't have shit like gloves to protect you.

Overeem's also just a plain horrible example to use in general. His face is literally permanently scarred from a dude bottling him in another bar fight.

"I was 15 years old and hanging out in bars in my home country of the Netherlands, and I was always getting into fights," said the 31-year-old Overeem, who is fighting Saturday against Fabricio Werdum in the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in Dallas. "And this one guy broke a bottle in my face. I had to have 20 stitches through my cheek."

So overeem whooped 5 bouncers asses and only injured his hand(probably punching someone) and got a bottle broken over his face when he was 15. Stellar argument.

We’re not talking about Israel and Palestine here with guns blazing and knives flying everywhere. Most public fights start in public spaces like bars, clubs or stores. If we’re just making up some action movie/wwe scenario where guys are brawling with crowbars and swords then maybe Dana white shows up like Vince McMahon and hits x ufcs fighters attacker over the head with a steel chair.

People in here acting like fighters don’t have an advantage are using the argument that they get ambushed by people with weapons lmao. I wouldn’t consider that a fight.
If you're outside and the people around you haven't even gone through security you have NO IDEA what they have or don't have on them, nor do you necessarily know how many people around them are their friends or people who simply enjoy fighting.

I have a buddy who'll literally join any street fight he sees. It'll have nothing to do with him but if he's within sight of it he's heading over and looking to land something on whichever retard started it because he's Irish and that's just what they do. You have no idea who's going to jump in a street fight.

Nobody's sitting around pretending everybody's packing or guys are always going to jump you. The point is they CAN which is something that isn't happening in an actually sanctioned fight which is a difference maker that absolutely needs to be considered.

If you're outside and the people around you haven't even gone through security you have NO IDEA what they have or don't have on them, nor do you necessarily know how many people around them are their friends or people who simply enjoy fighting.

I have a buddy who'll literally join any street fight he sees. It'll have nothing to do with him but if he's within sight of it he's heading over and looking to land something on whichever retard started it because he's Irish and that's just what they do. You have no idea who's going to jump in a street fight.

Nobody's sitting around pretending everybody's packing or guys are always going to jump you. The point is they CAN which is something that isn't happening in an actually sanctioned fight which is a difference maker that absolutely needs to be considered.

So the entire argument of a fighter not being anymore dangerous in a street fight is that someone could randomly sneak up and ambush them, which is stupid as fuck. Cuz that suggests that some 120lb Mclovin looking guy is no more dangerous than Deontay Wilder cuz there’s an off chance that someone sneaks up behind them and stabs them.

Which brings up another point that people only jump people if they think they’ll win. Nobody is gonna jump the jacked guy knocking everyone out.

So overeem whooped 5 bouncers asses and only injured his hand(probably punching someone) and got a bottle broken over his face when he was 15. Stellar argument.
Alistair JUMPED the bouncers who were beating his brother, another pro fighter (weird how the training doesn't work here), which is the same problem that can occur in any street fight: somebody else gets involved you don't see coming and changes everything

And if you think getting a bottle through your fucking cheek and being permanently scarred for the rest of your life is something to just shrug off you're a fucking moron. A few inches different and that bottles through your neck and you're dead. Or in your eye and your blind (which I've literally seen happen and don't wish on anybody). Or continues through the cheek and hits the tongue too and you're mute. Alistair is LUCKY he only got his cheek sliced through and they were able to stitch it back.

You guys are asking to get people killed with these idiotic takes about street fights and are only showing you've never been in one or even seen one.

So the entire argument of a fighter not being anymore dangerous in a street fight is that someone could randomly sneak up and ambush them, which is stupid as fuck. Cuz that suggests that some 120lb Mclovin looking guy is no more dangerous than Deontay Wilder cuz there’s an off chance that someone sneaks up behind them and stabs them.

Which brings up another point that people only jump people if they think they’ll win. Nobody is gonna jump the jacked guy knocking everyone out.

You do realize even Wilder has security right? It's almost like he's not stupid enough to fight himself in a real situation.

So in the words, pro fighters beat up on regular guys, well security, in a street fight and won. Proving mma fighters are very dangerous in a street fight scenario.

That's the point of the thread.
Na, this guy seems to think that a 15 yo overeem getting bottled in a bar means that he could beat up a professional fighter. Pretty weird

Alistair JUMPED the bouncers who were beating his brother, another pro fighter (weird how the training doesn't work here), which is the same problem that can occur in any street fight: somebody else gets involved you don't see coming and changes everything

And if you think getting a bottle through your fucking cheek and being permanently scarred for the rest of your life is something to just shrug off you're a fucking moron. A few inches different and that bottles through your neck and you're dead. Or in your eye and your blind. Or continues through the cheek and hits the tongue too and you're mute. Alistair is LUCKY he only got his cheek sliced through.

You guys are asking to get people killed with these idiotic takes about street fights and are only showing you've never been in one or even seen one.

Your argument for fighters not being dangerous in a street fight is a 15 year old had a bottle broken over his face. That’s like me saying lamelo ball wouldn’t be good in a street ball game cuz I beat him in a pick up game at la fitness when he was a freshman in high school.

People who dismiss pro fighters in a street fight are some wanna be thug losers like raider fans or douchebags in affliction shirts who think their entourage in lifted trucks could take Jon jones cuz they punked some kids in front of a 711 in high school. Gang bangers/street fighters who use weapons are fucking losers and cowards.

You do realize even Wilder has security right? It's almost like he's not stupid enough to fight himself in a real situation.

Security in public spaces is standard for any athlete. I’m sure if anyone were dumb enough to try and fight wilder he wouldn’t be cowering in fear hiding behind his security. Most those dudes rolling around with private security do it cuz they’re wearing 100k in jewelry or some stupid shit.

Your argument for fighters not being dangerous in a street fight is a 15 year old had a bottle broken over his face. That’s like me saying lamelo ball wouldn’t be good in a street ball game cuz I beat him in a pick up game at la fitness when he was a freshman in high school.

People who dismiss pro fighters in a street fight are some wanna be thug losers like raider fans or douchebags in affliction shirts who think their entourage in lifted trucks could take Jon jones cuz they punked some kids in front of a 711 in high school. Gang bangers/street fighters who use weapons are fucking losers and cowards.

Literally nobody is saying they're not dangerous and don't still have all their skills. Just that an MMA fight, boxing match, whatever, is a controlled environment and a street fight isn't and you'd be dumb to treat them the same. That's how you wind in the hospital after some other rando bottles your eye out of your skull. Which I've seen happen.

You're going to get yourself, friends, and family seriously injured or killed with this naive mindset. You live in a complete bubble that I genuinely pray for your sake never gets popped.

Literally nobody is saying they're not dangerous and don't still have all their skills. Just that an MMA fight, boxing match, whatever, is a controlled environment and a street fight isn't and you'd be dumb to treat them the same. That's how you wind in the hospital after some other rando bottles your eye out of your skull. Which I've seen happen.

You're going to get yourself, friends, and family seriously injured or killed with this naive mindset. You live in a complete bubble that I genuinely pray for your sake never gets popped.

With what mindset? That I wouldn’t want to get in a brawl with a pro fighter or that people who jump other people are losers? I grew up in a ghetto Mexican neighborhood and live in northeast LA now. One kid on my high school wrestling team got stabbed to death trying to act hard with the wrong crowd. Ive seen dozens of people fight all the time in front of bars. I probably have better a street iq than 9/10 people.

But yeah me not wanting to get in a brawl with a pro fighter is going to get me and my family killed.

Last edited:
Like I said earlier, most of these posters have never actually been in a street fight and assume it's just a fight like they see in the UFC where someone tells you to start fighting and people will interfere for anything shady.

It's not. Something stupid will happen, possibly unrelated to you entirely, and you'll be arguing or even just chatting about it and they'll punch you out of nowhere. Sometimes nothing happens but some dudes just eyeballing you looking for a fight and goes for it for no reason because of whatever. Or you'll be walking and someone just hits you from behind based on something you did earlier, never even did, or they simply thought you did. Who knows. That's the entire point and danger of street fights: they start and end anywhere and at anytime.

And this is without getting even into weapons which is an entirely other issue.

It's an internet forum so it's no surprise it's full of autists who've never even socially interacted with strangers and ran into a few bad apples but it's still shocking how many posters literally have no idea what street fights are. Avoid entirely or finish and/or leave immediately. Nobody has ANY idea what they're dealing with, no matter their training, size, or group of buddies.

You have never been in a street fight

Well said. I mean like I said you can 'mimic' those BJJ moves as a random bro and you might cause pain to people, but you're not truly applying the deadly effectiveness of those techniques.

And if you try to hit them that way on an actual BJJ grappler you're doing fuck all to them, they're certainly not tapping. It's humbling and teaches you to talk about combat sports differently and you notice how people talk. Like most sherdoggers do sound like they've never trained in anything which is funny on an MMA forum.
It’s actually insane.

Roger Huerta was 165 lbs and koed a 240 lb football player

People underestimate how deadly a Sherdog Poster is in a street fight.

Once back in the 1990's I heard that Tank Abbott Knocked me out in Hunington Beach. I only remeber the day after lol
It would be an honor to have been knocked out by Tank back in the day.

Here is something morons here claiming that they can just pull a gun or a knife on someone get wrong. Assuming that you do have a knife or gun to pull, adrenaline will get the better of almost everyone out there in a street fight. You are not going to shoot like you are some special ops soldier, it ain't happening. I am not saying mess with someone who has a gun but also with knives, most people are going to swing them wildly and not with the precision that some swordsman or knife fighter would have.

In that moment, an MMA fighter with speed is going to close the gap and beat your face in.

Now for "friends" jumping in.

Let's evaluate that too. The MMA fighter also has "friends" and his "friends" fight better than your friends.

Not only that, the average joe is some skinnyfat at best couch potato whose punches could barely do anything so even 3 of those would eat a nasty body shot or hook and shut down.

Back