Do people underestimate how deadly a UFC fighter is in a street fight?

Unless normal person gets the jump on someone with a weapon or the fighter is black out drunk the fighter destroys said person.
So a street fight...?
Dude cbum would get his ass kicked. It'd be one thing if you had said some big rugby or NFL players, then at least you'd have an argument as they are actually athletic and dangerous at that weight. Cbum would just be stiff with no conditioning or athleticism to be any good in a fight.
CBum's background before bodybuilding was football, hockey, basketball, baseball, fencing, and soccer. He only started weightlifting to help with his sports. From his social media he still at least snowboards, golfs, basketball.

He's athletic as fuck dude. Most people with insane genetics are.

Again though I never said CBum would win. I said the dumb position is saying that Chase Hooper of all people would definitely win. The dude on Twitter purposefully choose a twig nerd looking unranked fighter even though that's the type of guy most likely to lose one of these stupid comparisons as it gives all the advantages possible to the non-fighter. Even if you wanted to stick to LWs to maintain that 100lb weight difference I mean at least pick guys like Charles, Justin, or Poirier where they've got power and some strength then yeah I'm happily saying 99% of the time they beat a dude like CBum.

My favorite is when people act like a trained fighter can't also groin strike or kick while someone's down. A trained fighter can do everything a street thug can but with more technique and power. But, street fights are hardly fair so they can be more unpredictable.

So a street fight...?

CBum's background before bodybuilding was football, hockey, basketball, baseball, fencing, and soccer. He only started weightlifting to help with his sports. From his social media he still at least snowboards, golfs, basketball.

He's athletic as fuck dude. Most people with insane genetics are.

Again though I never said CBum would win. I said the dumb position is saying that Chase Hooper of all people would definitely win. The dude on Twitter purposefully choose a twig nerd looking unranked fighter even though that's the type of guy most likely to lose one of these stupid comparisons as it gives all the advantages possible to the non-fighter. Even if you wanted to stick to LWs to maintain that 100lb weight difference I mean at least pick guys like Charles, Justin, or Poirier where they've got power and some strength then yeah I'm happily saying 99% of the time they beat a dude like CBum.

Idk what poverty neighborhood you live in but most places people aren’t rolling around with knife’s and guns. If the argument is “if a gang full of thugs jumps a fighter” then sure they probably have a good chance. A fighter literally just has to make contact with someone to make it a 9/10 victory lol

I’m more of a Sidewalk Fighter, always tripping on the curbs

I don't think they underestimate. People know that pro fighters are very dangerous in a street fight. We've seen numerous incidences over the years with pro fighters in street fights and in almost every case the civilian gets hurt.

Here is a classic. Overeem beat 5 night club bouncers and sent em to the hospital.

I've never heard people saying that but i'm hearing shits like ''Shaoling monks would beat Jon Jones, because they are so deadly and worked all their life''
They think 5'5 130 chinese guys can beat Jon Jones because they are so deadly
What chance does jon jones have against people who know how to eye poke better than any ufc fighter and kick or strike the groin and these guys train getting hit in the groin. Iron groin.

Like honestly in ufc fights a minor eye poke and you see some jacked 200 pound supposed pro fighter asking for a timeout. Im sorry but there is a reason why these techniques are too deadly for ufc

I would beat Francis Ngannou up in a street fight…

But in a sanctioned MMA fight he would beat me because he could hold me down for 15 minutes so the judges could declare him the winner.

My favorite is when people act like a trained fighter can't also groin strike or kick while someone's down. A trained fighter can do everything a street thug can but with more technique and power. But, street fights are hardly fair so they can be more unpredictable.

As someone who diligently trains iron groin and other kung fu techniques, ufc fighters have the worst technique for eye pokes, biting and groin attacks. They also cant take a kick to the groin for shit despite wearing a cup. They dont condition their groins the way kung fu practitioners do.

A straight up street fight with no one drunk/drugs and no sucker punch/blind jump shit pretty much any MMA fighter in any of he big 3 or 4 orgs in the world would easily murder the avg tough guy with limited to zero professional training within 50 to 60lbs of each other.

Hell, to be honest anyone with a few years of boxing training would beat 90% of anyone trying to pick a fight with them.

Umm... If I sucker punched Jon Jones with a big ole baton in the back of his head im pretty sure i'd win the street fight

Life in prison but street fight won

That's the thing about street shit. There's no hand to hand combat or honor or whatever. It's about coming out on top with whatever means necessary.
Right! I know of some untrained people that would cut him to pieces with a knife before he could do a spinning elbow. I had somewhat of a ground game from Judo before BJJ became affordable and got soccer kicked on the face by someone in the crowd while I was in Mount from a street fight I did everything possible to avoid. People underestimate the streets more than anything

I saw a street fight on YOUTUBE from Russia, where a pro boxer was walking through a park with his girlfriend, when 4 thugs approached them. The boxer took out all 4 of them out in less than a minute! Yes, people underestimate pro fighters. Heck, if you meet them in person, most look like average guys. I have met Jon Jones, Fedor, Randy Couture, Framk Shamrock, and none looked super intimidating in person. I also met Bas Rutten and Tim Sylvia, and they looked F'n scary!

I don't think they underestimate. People know that pro fighters are very dangerous in a street fight. We've seen numerous incidences over the years with pro fighters in street fights and in almost every case the civilian gets hurt.

Here is a classic. Overeem beat 5 night club bouncers and sent em to the hospital.

Did you even read that story? It was his brother Valentijn, another pro fighter, who got attacked by security so Overeem jumped the security. Literally what everybody's talking about that makes street fights dangerous: peoples friends and family jump in when you don't expect it. It's even worse if they end up being a pro fighter.

He also hurt his hand doing so and had to pull out of his fight because of it. Again, showing street fights are generally more dangerous as you don't have shit like gloves to protect you.

Overeem's also just a plain horrible example to use in general. His face is literally permanently scarred from a dude bottling him in another bar fight.

"I was 15 years old and hanging out in bars in my home country of the Netherlands, and I was always getting into fights," said the 31-year-old Overeem, who is fighting Saturday against Fabricio Werdum in the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in Dallas. "And this one guy broke a bottle in my face. I had to have 20 stitches through my cheek."

Idk what poverty neighborhood you live in but most places people aren’t rolling around with knife’s and guns. If the argument is “if a gang full of thugs jumps a fighter” then sure they probably have a good chance. A fighter literally just has to make contact with someone to make it a 9/10 victory lol
Are you just being purposefully daft or something? You think street fights are happening at billionaire country clubs or something?

I hear people online say that a "street fighter" will sucker punch a pro UFC fighter like a Jon Jones or catch them with a random punch but tbh....are people underestimating how deadly a UFC fighter would be in a street fight?

I'm sure they could catch a drunk and overconfident BJ Penn, but not a Nate Diaz or Roger Huerta!

Did you even read that story? It was his brother Valentijn, another pro fighter, who got attacked by security so Overeem jumped the security. Literally what everybody's talking about that makes street fights dangerous: peoples friends and family jump in when you don't expect it. It's even worse if they end up being a pro fighter.

He also hurt his hand doing so and had to pull out of his fight because of it. Again, showing street fights are generally more dangerous as you don't have shit like gloves to protect you.

Overeem's also just a plain horrible example to use in general. His face is literally permanently scarred from a dude bottling him in another bar fight.

"I was 15 years old and hanging out in bars in my home country of the Netherlands, and I was always getting into fights," said the 31-year-old Overeem, who is fighting Saturday against Fabricio Werdum in the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix in Dallas. "And this one guy broke a bottle in my face. I had to have 20 stitches through my cheek."

So in the words, pro fighters beat up on regular guys, well security, in a street fight and won. Proving mma fighters are very dangerous in a street fight scenario.

That's the point of the thread.

Are you just being purposefully daft or something? You think street fights are happening at billionaire country clubs or something?

They actually are lol. Europe has a full circuit of underground fights just like that. So does the US.

Back