Social When is a sucker punch not a sucker punch?

I often think about this and just decide that every punch that lands is a sucker punch because that's the whole point.

Just because you're a filthy animal that thinks it's okay to hit someone because they said some mean things to you, doesn't mean other, civilized people think that way. When you hit someone who doesn't realize they're in a physical fight, it's a sucker punch.

Wut?

A physical threat isn't "saying something mean".

Like, for instance: If I call you a "dork ass loser" because you're acting like a dork ass loser, that doesn't give you the right to hit me.

If you're in my face and threaten me physically, what do you expect? A fucking cupcake? If you give a physical threat, you have opened yourself up to a fight.

I mean... in your shoes, what happens if you tell someone "I will fuck you up"? Do you expect them to walk away or take your threat seriously?

Furthermore, after uttering such a thing, do you consider yourself the victim if you get hit?

Because that's some real snowflake shit.

I guess if someone has given me sufficient reason to believe they intend to physically harm me, and I won't be able to avoid it, then all bets are off.

Fuck somebody else's idea of honourable conduct. If you're bringing that energy into my world when I didn't ask for it, you don't get to set the rules.

I sucker punched your sister
source.gif

at first, she was like "AArrggh!" then she was like
"Do it again, please." smh, dumb bitches.

Wut?

A physical threat isn't "saying something mean".

Like, for instance: If I call you a "dork ass loser" because you're acting like a dork ass loser, that doesn't give you the right to hit me.

If you're in my face and threaten me physically, what do you expect? A fucking cupcake? If you give a physical threat, you have opened yourself up to a fight.

I mean... in your shoes, what happens if you tell someone "I will fuck you up"? Do you expect them to walk away or take your threat seriously?

Furthermore, after uttering such a thing, do you consider yourself the victim if you get hit?

Because that's some real snowflake shit.

Like I said, some people are filthy animals, and some of us are civilized.

I don't see myself telling someone 'I'll fuck them up' because I tend to think I fall in the latter group.

No such thing as a sucker punch, you're just a sucker that got punched

That video is not a sucker punch, thats a self defense strike against a guy with a weapon who was threatening him. that dude in the green has to be a fighter the way he delivered that two piece was clean as fuck like a pro boxer.

A sucker punch is when there is no warning or altercation, for example you pretend to be friendly with someone an sucker punch them or blind side them catching them off guard.

When your life is threatened and in danger like the video you posted with the guy with the weapon and you ice him and call the cops thats self defense.

These are sucker punches

I'd be fine with the death penalty for all 3 of them. Society doesn't need garbage like that.

If a man looks me in the eye he’s getting dropped like a sack of potatoes I don’t tolerate that shit.

I think the best way to look at if it’s a sucker punch or if it’s not a sucker punch is to actually compare this to Steve Irwin’s death. What did that stingray do when Steve Irwin swam up on him? He killed his ass because he ran up on him and invaded his space. If you invade space, expect a fight.

Serious answer. If my lawyer can keep me out of jail it's a clean hit. If he can't it's a dirty sucker punch.

I think the best way to look at if it’s a sucker punch or if it’s not a sucker punch is to actually compare this to Steve Irwin’s death. What did that stingray do when Steve Irwin swam up on him? He killed his ass because he ran up on him and invaded his space. If you invade space, expect a fight.
I hope you wear that on your t shirt so people don't try to hug you.

"Take that, Grandma!!!"

That video is not a sucker punch, thats a self defense strike against a guy with a weapon who was threatening him. that dude in the green has to be a fighter the way he delivered that two piece was clean as fuck like a pro boxer.

A sucker punch is when there is no warning or altercation, for example you pretend to be friendly with someone an sucker punch them or blind side them catching them off guard.

When your life is threatened and in danger like the video you posted with the guy with the weapon and you ice him and call the cops thats self defense.

These are sucker punches

Now those are sucker punches.

Thugs praying on the weak like they always do. Suckering old people, pregnant women, and soy boys.

I mean this isn't a sucker punch either but I'm sure a lot of people would disagree with me

Dude stepped up in his face and threatened violence upon him, his own fault for turning around. Dude could be going to grab a gun from his car, you never know.

Whether it be the Street Coliseum or Worldstar or whatever, there are a lot of accusations of sucker punches.

Some people seem to believe that it's a sucker punch unless the guys are squared up pawing jabs at each other.

My personal opinion on the matter is that it doesn't count as a sucker punch if there are fighting words and/or threats within two steps of punching range. If you're talking shit and threatening someone who is that close to you, you're relying on pure faith that you don't get hit. That's not a sucker punch.

If someone runs up on you (especially from the side or back) and clocks you, sure. Sucker punch. It's hard for me to think of someone hitting someone face-to-face during shit talk as a sucker punch

Here is an example:

In the Reddit thread I first saw this, people were calling it a sucker punch. But the guy had a weapon (baton) and threatened to break the other guy's kneecaps. That's not a sucker punch. Thats a dude hoping his bravado would scare away someone ready to fight.

Discuss

No way that’s a sucker punch. Guy had a weapon and threat. Also, once he laid the threat down he should have been ready for something. Puncher actually propped and fisted his left before throwing it and wannabe tough guy didn’t even see it.

Bottom line - a punch thrown after fighting words, gestures or severe insults isn’t a sucker punch unless it appears the confrontation is totally ended.

The clip is not a sucker punch because the guy holding the weapon was looking.

IMO it's not a sucker punch if it's a life/death situation, the other person has a weapon, or if the other side has more than one person. In those situations, the sucker punch equalizes things.

In high school a black kid sucker punched me in the back of the head but he fucked it up and destroyed his hand.

In college a brown kid sucked punched me in the side of the head but it skimmed off and he ran away when I turned around to fight him.

It hasn't proven to be a very effective punch in my experience.

I have a massive head btw.

It stops being a sucker punch once someone threatens you. Whether or not they've squared up for a fight. That's their fault. The only sucker is the dude who waits to be attacked before throwing a punch that is coming. If a guy is just trying to big dog you with words, it's still not a sucker punch.

<TrumpWrong1>

It doesn't matter if some one has threatened you. If he is not expecting the punch it's a sucker punch. I agree it's his fault but still technically a sucker punch.

suck·er punch
noun
  1. an unexpected punch or blow.
verb
  1. hit (someone) with an unexpected punch or blow.
    "Joe sucker-punched him and knocked him out"

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree. Although well provoked , I still consider the video to be a sucker punch. Sucker punches can be used in self defense l

To me it doesn't matter what they are saying to each other or what one of them is holding. If he wasn't prepared to fight (although stupid and totally his fault) it is a sucker punch.

If the video were of the same 2 men saying "fuck you" to each other instead of threatening knees and the one was holding a bottle of water instead of a weapon... I would call it a much less provoked sucker punch.
Nah, he was holding it up ready to hit. Big difference from being in your hand and holding it up ready to strike. Was the guy who punched suppose to wait until he was being hit to hit back? It would have been a sucker punch if the guy holding the baton lowered it and then got hit.

Just because you're a filthy animal that thinks it's okay to hit someone because they said some mean things to you, doesn't mean other, civilized people think that way. When you hit someone who doesn't realize they're in a physical fight, it's a sucker punch.
If you are holding a weapon over your head telling the other guy you will break his kneecaps, you know it’s physical because you are threatening physical harm.

If you are holding a weapon over your head telling the other guy you will break his kneecaps, you know it’s physical because you are threatening physical harm.

We've got a six second clip that starts with the guy in what looks to me like a defensive position. He's got one arm up to block, and the other cocked back. It very much sounded like 'if we do this I'm going to hit you with this weapon' which is distinctly different from 'I am going to hit you with this weapon regardless'. Telling a person how you are going to defend yourself if things get physical doesn't mean you know they have crossed that line. If we saw the rest of the altercation I might change my opinion on whether or not this was a real physical threat.

That said, my comment was more aimed at the idea of there being 'fighting words.'

Last edited:
Back