• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What happened to the other 300 fight?

<Dany07><{anton}>

I'm dying here, man! Don't forget when he slapped his wife around in public before the media blitz for his big slapfighting launch. I'm telling you, the king of faceplanting big announcements.
One time I offended a 300 year old Hatian lady who was trying to sell me knockoff cologne in a truck stop parking lot, in Louisiana, and she made hand gestures at me and mumbled some hoodoo shit, and I ended up having around 10 years bad luck. Like, seriously. I always laughed about it right after it happened, like, "Glad she didn't caress my cheek and say "thinner" to my skinny ass." But that was before a ton of major bullshit within my life began, and I attribute all of that bullshit to the hoodoo curse that old Hatian lady put on me for making fun of her fake cologne, months prior.

That said, Dana REALLY pissed off someone. It isn't the kind of demon after him that makes your life hell in the way one would presume. This demon gives you all of the glitz and glamor and worldy delights, he just doesn't give you what you  truly want. Suffice to say that Dana has long dreamt of pre-emting literally every TV network channel to make a super special secret announcement from the Oval Office, ever since the first time he noticed former president, and honorable conservative, Richard Nixon, all over the TV, not long after Dana's fifth birthday. The demon which was set loose upon him, it's making sure that Dana only realizes a faux version of the life he truly wants, and, ultimately, that while he may have fame and fortune, and a degree of power and a voice that is heard, as president of a major sports and media property (and also promoter of his own Tuesday night fights and owner of different league that is probably popular in France), and may have snow in his desert driveway, and the this and the that, a super special secret announcement will never happen, and especially from the Oval Office. No wonder Dana's such a jerk smh. He probably picked some old witch's flowers or some shit.

The best possible announcement that can be made for 300 is the announcement that Goddard or Dean won't be reffing the main event.

One time I offended a 300 year old Hatian lady who was trying to sell me knockoff cologne in a truck stop parking lot, in Louisiana, and she made hand gestures at me and mumbled some hoodoo shit, and I ended up having around 10 years bad luck. Like, seriously. I always laughed about it right after it happened, like, "Glad she didn't caress my cheek and say "thinner" to my skinny ass." But that was before a ton of major bullshit within my life began, and I attribute all of that bullshit to the hoodoo curse that old Hatian lady put on me for making fun of her fake cologne, months prior.

That said, Dana REALLY pissed off someone. It isn't the kind of demon after him that makes your life hell in the way one would presume. This demon gives you all of the glitz and glamor and worldy delights, he just doesn't give you what you  truly want. Suffice to say that Dana has long dreamt of pre-emting literally every TV network channel to make a super special secret announcement from the Oval Office, ever since the first time he noticed former president, and honorable conservative, Richard Nixon, all over the TV, not long after Dana's fifth birthday. The demon which was set loose upon him, it's making sure that Dana only realizes a faux version of the life he truly wants, and, ultimately, that while he may have fame and fortune, and a degree of power and a voice that is heard, as president of a major sports and media property (and also promoter of his own Tuesday night fights and owner of different league that is probably popular in France), and may have snow in his desert driveway, and the this and the that, a super special secret announcement will never happen, and especially from the Oval Office. No wonder Dana's such a jerk smh. He probably picked some old witch's flowers or some shit.
<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

lol I'm dying again -- I think you nailed it! Also, lol at the old Haitian lady who cursed your life for cologne. I'm glad you shook off her hoodoo, bro.

That's prob the Brock, Rhonda, GSP, Khabib 4 way they have up their sleeve, since those fossils are what the people apparently want :D

He's probably just full of shit, then

UFC clearly has had an extremely hard time putting this card together. But you know the standard drill is to pretend everything is going smoothly. So yeah, Dana is definitely BSing a lot, but hey, maybe there is indeed still a deal being worked on, too. I'm sure they want to keep it under wraps till they actually got whoever it is, or whoever they are to accept the fight, if it is the case.

<Dany07><Dany07><Dany07>

lol I'm dying again -- I think you nailed it! Also, lol at the old Haitian lady who cursed your life for cologne. I'm glad you shook off her hoodoo, bro.
I'm dead certain that her curse is the reason I ended up being a fugitive/going to prison. Couldn't have been my own bad decision making, her hoodoo compelled me. I should have just bought that bottle of knock off CK1.

UFC clearly has had an extremely hard time putting this card together. But you know the standard drill is to pretend everything is going smoothly. So yeah, Dana is definitely BSing a lot, but hey, maybe there is indeed still a deal being worked on, too. I'm sure they want to keep it under wraps till they actually got whoever it is, or whoever they are to accept the fight, if it is the case.
Yeah, I think that if there is a special thing happening, they wanted to make sure that it was a last minute announcement, like Brock, last time, but that this time they're the ones who get to make it. I wanna say that Ariel breaking that news is the actual reason he's banned for life from UFC functions, it  really pissed off Dana. They have this contract for this super special secret fight locked in a vault in Fort Knox, and the fighters don't even know who they're actually fighting, it's such a super special secret.

Whatever the case, if something is ultimately announced, I expect that it will be sick AF. Idk that they actually have anything, I'm kinda thinking they couldn't come to terms on whatever it is they wanted and expect us to just forget anything was said.

Damn. That's the weakest fight on the card for me.
Yeah... It's possible they have another "rabbit" that they've done everything to keep from journalists to announce. A fight announcement might be going down at 299 but it's a small chance lol.

I'm dead certain that her curse is the reason I ended up being a fugitive/going to prison. Couldn't have been my own bad decision making, her hoodoo compelled me. I should have just bought that bottle of knock off CK1.

Lol dude, this is the making of a great dark comedy. That crone and her CK1 was basically entrapment.

He probably said "fuck it. It's 12 fights and I'm done". I guess if there is one then it will be released this weekend. I'm not holding my breath for it.

he made it very clear it was a mid card level fight

Watching people get their hopes up that it must be some crazy surprise because of the delay is mind blowing

Everyone just loves setting themselves up for disappointment I guess

Realistically they probably just said fuck it and settled on 12 fights

They’re probably keeping the slots open incase something from 299 falls apart and needs to be pushed back a month

he made it very clear it was a mid card level fight

Watching people get their hopes up that it must be some crazy surprise because of the delay is mind blowing

Everyone just loves setting themselves up for disappointment I guess

Realistically they probably just said fuck it and settled on 12 fights

They’re probably keeping the slots open incase something from 299 falls apart and needs to be pushed back a month

Midcard could mean a Kattar v Sterling level fight, that's would still add value to the card.

Midcard could mean a Kattar v Sterling level fight, that's would still add value to the card.
Agree

Except there’s ppl in this thread suggesting it could be brock, Ronda or gane vs aspinall

And then will cry later when he’s something like Kattar vs sterling

He probably said "fuck it. It's 12 fights and I'm done". I guess if there is one then it will be released this weekend. I'm not holding my breath for it.
12? I mean, even if it's a shitty fight, they rarely schedule less than 13 fights for a card. They have plenty of people on the roster

I dont think there is

Yeah, I think that if there is a special thing happening, they wanted to make sure that it was a last minute announcement, like Brock, last time, but that this time they're the ones who get to make it. I wanna say that Ariel breaking that news is the actual reason he's banned for life from UFC functions, it  really pissed off Dana. They have this contract for this super special secret fight locked in a vault in Fort Knox, and the fighters don't even know who they're actually fighting, it's such a super special secret.

Whatever the case, if something is ultimately announced, I expect that it will be sick AF. Idk that they actually have anything, I'm kinda thinking they couldn't come to terms on whatever it is they wanted and expect us to just forget anything was said.

I doubt it will be super spectacular. Though who knows? I just have really tempered any kind of expectation with all the underwhelming announcements compared to the hype they created. Also, all the biggest possible fights already seem to have fallen through, so what sick AF fight could they come up witj at this point? But something out of left field definitely could be announced I guess.

Yup I remember Dana said 2 fights, not 1. But we only got Hill vs Pereira added. Maybe they couldn't get it done, again!

I doubt it will be super spectacular. Though who knows? I just have really tempered any kind of expectation with all the underwhelming announcements compared to the hype they created. Also, all the biggest possible fights already seem to have fallen through, so what sick AF fight could they come up witj at this point? But something out of left field definitely could be announced I guess.
I've gone through every possibility (that could actually happen), short of it being Wilder vs whomever, idk that they have the means to make a fight that will blow anyone away. Everyone is already tied up or retired or fighting elsewhere. I think it's just more smoke & mirrors 101 from Dana.

Back