Rumored Dana Insinuating the Process of Putting Together UFC 300 is Being Filmed for a Behind the Scenes Documentary

In Your Gut Do You Feel the Main Event for UFC 300 Will be Underwelmimg or Exceed Your Expectations?

• Dana has delivered in the past. I trust he will put on a great main event.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • All smoke and mirrors at this point by Dana. Main event will underwhelm.

Votes: 61 51.3%
  • Don’t care about the main event. There are enough interesting fights on 300 already.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Don’t care period. I’m sick of hearing about UFC 300 rumors.

Votes: 36 30.3%

• Total voters
A documentary about how UFC 300 is not that great, but it will show us that it's not Dana's fault.
None of the fighters want to fight.

<31>

Nunes vs Pena 3 is gonna be a banger UFC 300 headliner for W145 though.

Karate Combat heavyweight world champion Sam Alvey is only a phone call away Dana.

Dana recently said on the full send podcast the process of putting together UFC 300 might be being filmed. To me, it sounds like he is trying to convey the main event will be so good and unexpected, it warrants a mini documentary to show how hard it was to make it happen. Whether it really does warrant a mini-doc, or Dana is trying to hype the event because he doesn’t have a true “mind blowing” main event remains to be seen.

In the past, Dana has delivered on some great fights we all wanted to see, as well as try to sell us fights as much bigger than they really are. What do you think will be the case for the main event for 300? Does Dana have a trick up his sleeve or it’s all fluff at this point?
View attachment 1029048

Why not just book fights? The simple fact is that Dana doesn't want any card to bring new eyes on the sport. He doesn't want stars. That's why they won't let Conor fight.

UFC 300 is a good card already but I don't think it will have a main event.

They do not have a main

They’ve resorted to begging injured fighters

Documentary of people asking for more pay because of the cards monumental status.
Then Dana is like "see this is how much these goofs are asking from me"
f5_lkn.gif

The camera is awkwardly in the hallway outside Dana's office. You hear Dana's voice but can't pick out details.

As the camera enters the room, Dana hangs up the phone. He looks at the camera, shakes his head and says "The kid didn't wanna fight"

Repeat ad nauseum.

That's a sad excuse that he uses too often. Dana is the boss. He could, if he wanted to, order fighters to appear on a certain card with the threat of being cut.

The truth is that Dana doesn't like big fights anymore he's an apex man. He doesn't want anyone getting more attention than him.

The simple fact is that Dana doesn't want any card to bring new eyes on the sport.
You really mean that? He doesn't want the sport to grow any more? Bear in mind that he's not the only one involved in booking. Surely TKO and ESPN want new eyes?

Sounds like Dana wants the card to be top notch, but is running into difficulties.
What difficulties could he possibly run into? Just book the fights man. It's not hard. They work for him, they'll do as they're told.

There is no "mindblowing" main event he can make.

Dana learns how to bullshit from the best of the bullshitters - Donald Trump. Never believe anything he says.

What difficulties could he possibly run into? Just book the fights man. It's not hard. They work for him, they'll do as they're told.
They're independent contractors (when it suits them). He can't force people to fight. I wish there was less wiggle room, but they don't have ultimate control.

Deontay Wilder - Derrick Lewis freak show fight is the main.

If they could have made Makhachev-Gaethje for LW belt, they would already have the headliner. Gaethje-Holloway for BMF belt is a waste of Gaethje....especially if he loses!

Half of SD have literally talked themselves into hating 300 .. No matter what. Most of those people could get the EXACT fights they want. But they would piss and moan about the bout order. You know it’s true.

People have been talking about this shit for months already. Some people expect people that have been retired for 5+ years to be headlining this card. It’s not even remotely realistic. Lesnar, Ronda, GSP, Khabib.. Talk about useless, meaningless fights.

Conor was NEVER going to be on this card. Anybody with a clue knows that. People want Jones/Ngannou. Jones is a gutless dishonest clown. And Ngannou is NEVER fighting in the UFC again. I don’t think he’ll ever fight in mma again.

Khabib, Lesnar, GSP, and Ronda have more money than they need. So there’s no sense, or need for them fighting again. You couldn’t make a meaningful fight with any of those people, anyway. Not one that actually makes sense.

And of course it’s all Dana’s fault. Because apparently it’s his fault that people are retired/injured/ducking. He can’t force people to fight.

You’ve already made up your minds to hate it no matter what. So you’re doing your best to make sure everybody hates it, too. Yet almost every single one of you is going to watch it for free. Spoiled doesn’t even begin to explain how entitled some of you are.

Nobody is killing my buzz. It should be a great card no matter what. But that’s up to the fighters. I never pre-judge any card, saying it’s shit before it actually happens. I keep an open mind, and only want the fights to deliver. And almost every fighter in the UFC is capable of putting on a banger of a fight. Certainly the people scheduled for 300 can. At least half the card is ex-champions, and title challengers. But people are crying about 2 ex-champs opening the show. Grow up, and smarten up. It’s not insulting, or disrespectful for Garbrandt/Figgy to open the show. Would you rather have them first, or not on the card at all?

If you weren’t predisposed to hate it no matter what. You might even enjoy it.

Yeah, we saw the announcement during the Superbowl... <{hughesimpress}>

Bottom line is you got a few fighters taking a stand with the UFC on pay and that is what is simply going on with the main event. I would also say its possible Khamzat being part of the second fight and it's been rumored Khamzat having issues getting a visa for the US recently and they are working hard to fix that.

Ariel just said the ufc is targeting chimeav vs Leon as the headliner

The hurdle is chimeav tracel issues

He said espn just scheduled a ufc 300 QA for Friday so expect an announcement Friday the latest

Back