News Umar Nurmagomedov vs Song Yadong CANCELLED

What is this shit logic?

What's the alternative? We find out the card the week of?

I worked in a similar capacity in sports management. Most sherdoggers have no clue how things work when scheduling fights. I never had to deal with publicists/managers, which I imagine complicates things like crazy.

I can see why you said "worked" as in past tense.

This response is all over the place. I agreed with you for a second, because Song's injury cannot be accounted for, but if he never signed a contract because of injury or even because he didn't feel like it, then that shit shouldn't get leaked, announced or 'confirmed'.

I don't care what fight Umar "might" have, I want to know what's actually scheduled, for when, and how that might impact future booking.

Has Merab responded? Surely it's some excuses he can't fight Umar
Merab is definitely not worrying about Umar thus weekend, he's literally in Abu Dhabi right now hanging out with Volk and Topuria.

Here he is getting taken down by a young fan at the Q&A:

"Hey Song heard ya got an injury buddy"

Dana-White-Money.jpg

Conspiracy theory. UFC booked with the intent of having Song withdraw. Now Merab is backed into a corner with no other choice.

Very odd that other day Merab said he’s willing to fight Umar thinking that Umar is booked. And now this comes out. How convenient.

I can only imagine the gnashing and weeping if a Dagestani Champ did and said everything that Merab is while a #1 contender is waiting.

For the record, I think Merab is not afraid, he just has something against Umar, probably something rooted in Russian/Georgian relations. They will eventually fight, probably Fall 2025 or Summer 2026.
If that was the case why did he fight Yan? He doesnt see the Caucassus Muslims in the same light. They have suffered the same way the Georgians have.

Umar is even more boring than Merab. Let him fight Cheetos Rivera or Rob Font or something, we don't need another rigged scorecard.

I can only imagine the gnashing and weeping if a Dagestani Champ did and said everything that Merab is while a #1 contender is waiting.

For the record, I think Merab is not afraid, he just has something against Umar, probably something rooted in Russian/Georgian relations. They will eventually fight, probably Fall 2025 or Summer 2026.
He seems to be acting like he’s owed a showcase fight, like Sean got with his first defense and like Topuria is getting with his. It’s a very common thing for the ufc to do when they like their champion. Having their champion immediately face the actual number 1 contender is rather unusual for the promotion unless they do actually harbor some sentiment of dislike and believe their 1 contender is more marketable.

Merab is a far less attractive active, smaller, older and grappling oriented fighter. Having a nurmagomedov name on a younger, prettier, fighter who gets KOs is much more the marketing team dream.

Back