Umar gets fast-tracked to title shot?

I think Umar has a weak face, unimpressive grappling and standup, and would likely lose to all 3.

I think Yan is more solid, FAR more proven, and tougher, but was on the shit-end of some really bad decisions.

I'm a fan of Yan but I wouldn't say it was multiple decisions. The Aljo rematch was close enough that it could go either way, no robbery. Definitely should've won the O'Malley fight though, thought he won that cleanly enough like most did.

Lol at trying to extend the fighters list he's "extending" by adding undeserving of a title shot fighters like Chito Vera who just fought for the title and lost then lost again yesterday.

"after just 1 top 10 win" you could have said a top 5 win.
But anyway I agree that Petr Yan deserves it more

Yan still only has 1 win in nearly 3 years. It's good that he's finally back in the win column with the fight vs Yadong but that's not going to be enough to get the next title shot after O'Malley vs Dvalishvili. Ideally he fights Deiveson Figueiredo next and that could be a #1 contender fight for the title shot after O'Malley / Dvalishvili vs Nurmagomedov.

This is a painfully stupid thread. I do believe the TS is not trolling. Not even sure if TS believes he is being fast tracked. Everyone you mentioned is not more deserving. Please, tell us any of their last three fight results. Please justify fighters coming off losing streaks as better choices, please tell us your reasoning. Fig is the only other choice and you can see by bout order, they are thinking higher of Umar.

The fact you are mentioning Yan hurts my head. Wouldn't be surprised if somehow Sean wins and weasels his way out of fighting Umar or if Marab wins, they beg him to give Sean an undeserving immediate rematch

I'm a fan of Yan but I wouldn't say it was multiple decisions. The Aljo rematch was close enough that it could go either way, no robbery. Definitely should've won the O'Malley fight though, thought he won that cleanly enough like most did.

Yan still only has 1 win in nearly 3 years. It's good that he's finally back in the win column with the fight vs Yadong but that's not going to be enough to get the next title shot after O'Malley vs Dvalishvili. Ideally he fights Deiveson Figueiredo next and that could be a #1 contender fight for the title shot after O'Malley / Dvalishvili vs Nurmagomedov.
This is a painfully stupid thread. I do believe the TS is not trolling. Not even sure if TS believes he is being fast tracked. Everyone you mentioned is not more deserving. Please, tell us any of their last three fight results. Please justify fighters coming off losing streaks as better choices, please tell us your reasoning. Fig is the only other choice and you can see by bout order, they are thinking higher of Umar.

The fact you are mentioning Yan hurts my head. Wouldn't be surprised if somehow Sean wins and weasels his way out of fighting Umar or if Marab wins, they beg him to give Sean an undeserving immediate rematch
Figuieredo looked terrific last night.

Give Umar the shot. He just beat the #2 guy 50-45. The only person imo who has sort of an equal argument is Fig and he can fight Petr Yan.

Fuck it give it to him. If Sean got it then so should umar.

By skipping, I mean fighting the guy at the top without having to fight any of the other 8 guys that ranked higher than you yesterday. It means 1 top 10 win qualifies you for a title shot.

He's ranked higher than Cory for beating him. Do you think he automatically ranks higher than all those other guys without fighting them, because he beat Sandhagen in a decision?
O'Malley got a title shot by beating Yan in a questionable decision. Why wouldn't Umar for a clearcut victory? He's going to be ranked above all those guys come Tuesday.

Lol at trying to extend the fighters list he's "extending" by adding undeserving of a title shot fighters like Chito Vera who just fought for the title and lost then lost again yesterday.

"after just 1 top 10 win" you could have said a top 5 win.
But anyway I agree that Petr Yan deserves it more
Petr Yan is 1-3 with the one win being over Song who was ranked at number 7. He definitely does not deserve it more.

Petr Yan is 1-3 with the one win being over Song who was ranked at number 7. He definitely does not deserve it more.
And he's coming back off a knee injury. He should fight Figgy to build some confidence and see exactly where he's at.

I'm a Yan fan, but he looked shakey against Song in the 1st rnd and a little off. A good win streak would really help him to get back in track.

By skipping, I mean fighting the guy at the top without having to fight any of the other 8 guys that ranked higher than you yesterday. It means 1 top 10 win qualifies you for a title shot.

Lol. Bro, it's more ridiculous than you think.

Umar moved from like 14th to 10th without even fighting anyone.

Cory is literally the only top 15 guy he's faced.

Yes. It's what happens when everyone ducks you

Dude was like 14th and had no top 15 wins at all and was calling everyone at the top cowards because they didn't want to drop everything to face him. That's not ducking that's called being entitled.

Umar somehow went from 14th to 10th without even fighting before he faced that regional can, and was put head of Mario Bautista, who had better wins until this last card. Mario even beat Kelleher quicker than Umar did.

Mario should get on twitter and demand a title shot or to fight the #1 ranked guy next.

With a decision win over Cory Sandhagen (#2), Umar Nurmagonedov is eyeing the next title shot.
If the UFC granted this, he would be be skipping past: Petr Yan, Marlon Vera, Henry Cejudo, Deiveson Fegueiredo, Song Yadong, Jose Aldo, Rob Font, and the loser of O'Malley-Dvalishvili.

Petr Yan is also eyeing a title shot although it may be less obvious of a choice for fans. He's lost 3 of his last 4 fights and he's already lost to both Merab and Sean. But, he did beat Cory Sandhagen a 5 fights ago, and many think he beat O'Malley despite the judges' decision. He's also won the belt x2.

Umar just won a decision against the #2, but was still only #10 himself and arguably lost at least a round among a few close rounds. He's also still undefeated in 18 pro fights.

So, What do you think of a Petr Yan vs Umar Nurmagomedov next? Either as title elimininator or winner fights the loser of Sept.15 title fight.

How likely is it that Umar goes directly to a title shot for his next fight? Does Umar deserve a title shot next after just 1 top 10 win?

View attachment 1056369View attachment 1056370View attachment 1056371View attachment 1056372
he beat the #2 guy tho

In related fast tracking news:

Alex Pereira was knocked out at 185 & woke up in 205 title eliminator lol. 😁

It's not really a fast track if you're 6-0 in the company and just beat a top 3 guy who was on a winning streak.
Dude was like 14th and had no top 15 wins at all and was calling everyone at the top cowards because they didn't want to drop everything to face him. That's not ducking that's called being entitled.

Umar somehow went from 14th to 10th without even fighting before he faced that regional can, and was put head of Mario Bautista, who had better wins until this last card. Mario even beat Kelleher quicker than Umar did.

Mario should get on twitter and demand a title shot or to fight the #1 ranked guy next.

I somehow find myself agreeing with both of these somewhat opposing stances lol.

In related fast tracking news: Alex Pereira was knocked out at 185 & woke up in 205 title eliminator lol. 😁

It still bugs me to this day. Meanwhile, a guy like Aljo who actually defended his belt multiple times, wakes up and is given tough fights like Kattar and Evloev at 145lbs, and I think we all know that even if he beats Evloev, he still won't get the next crack at the FW title.

Petr Yan is not for discussion for a title eliminator that is asinine but then I realized that Ankalaev is facing Rakic next so what the hell do I know.

I somehow find myself agreeing with both of these somewhat opposing stances lol.

I mean, it's sort of a moot point now that he's beaten Cory. Doing that means he should take Cory's place in the line. It's just how he got that fight in the first place that was complete bullshit.

Back