• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crime Trump found liable for fraud in NY civil case

IIRC, it is also up to the tax payer to request their property be reassessed and will also have to provide their own proof of value for their property. At that point, the county can review and reassess the value and adjust your property tax accordingly. But the county won't just voluntarily do this for tax payers, it is always up to them to request the reassessment and provide proof.

I had to do this with my vehicles when I lived in South Carolina for 5 years. The county would overvalue my cars and the property tax would be pretty outrageous, especially for me coming from Cali. Once I got the vehicle values reassessed, the property tax I would pay on them went down by almost half.

I guess what I am getting at here, is the counties typically OVER VALUE property for taxes, so I am sure Palm Beach county would love the MAL to be valued at $780 million, like Trump put on hit financial statements. lol!
Palm county does it annually, regardless of home owner request. Most cities with valuable real estate do it annually or every 2 years. And you're 100% correct, counties prefer higher values, they're not going to intentionally undervalue their real estate.

Trump isn't getting a jury in his $250 million civil fraud trial because his lawyers failed to ask for one

Former President Donald Trump was entitled to receive a jury trial in his New York civil fraud case.

And while he himself wanted a trial by jury, his attorneys didn't correctly fill out court paperwork.

Instead, Trump is set to receive a bench trial solely decided by a judge he's repeatedly attacked.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-isnt-getting-jury-250-201053099.html

--
Trump Says 'It's Very Unfair That I Don't Have A Jury,' But His Legal Team's 'Mind-Blowing' Oversight Is To Blame — Experts Weigh In: 'I Honestly Can't Believe That Any Lawyer Hired on Such an Important Case Could Make This Mistake'

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/trump-says-very-unfair-dont-194523142.html

---
@panamaican
Is it in Trump's interests to have a jury trial?

@CantCucktheTuck @nostradumbass
Are Alina Habba and the other lawyers stupid or deliberately sabotaging....????
Yes, it is in his interest. Given how politically divided the country is, a jury is guaranteed to have Trump favorable people on it who will take his side no matter the evidence. I'm sure his lawyers had a reason for not going this route, I just don't know what it would be. Maybe they're worried about the people who are going to hate Trump no matter the evidence and slam him with absurd damages numbers. In that case, a judge is going to be more fair.

Yes, it is in his interest. Given how politically divided the country is, a jury is guaranteed to have Trump favorable people on it who will take his side no matter the evidence. I'm sure his lawyers had a reason for not going this route, I just don't know what it would be. Maybe they're worried about the people who are going to hate Trump no matter the evidence and slam him with absurd damages numbers. In that case, a judge is going to be more fair.
I think Trump and his team realized that this case and trial were lost causes. I think Trump realized that he was going to have to come to terms with chopping off a limb if he wanted to continue forward.

He realized that NY and it’s finances were gone. So instead of wasting his time dealing with a jury trial, Trump and his team decided to go with a bench trial, and knowing that the case was already lost. They would use the time spent at the courthouse as their free advertising for the election.

Trump is only showing up to speak to the reporters to get his message out, and the media is dumb enough to go with it since, you know…ratings.

it’s a brilliant plan for a person who doesn’t mind getting rid of a limb to survive.

much easier to attack one judge on twitter than it is a jury pool.

Judge Blocks Trump From Secretly Transferring His Money (newsweek.com)

Judge Arthur Engoron is taking precautionary steps against former President Donald Trump, blocking Trump from making any moves to secretly protect his money while his civil fraud trial is underway.

Engoron issued a new ruling on Thursday morning, ordering all the defendants named in the lawsuit to provide a list of all the entities they currently own and to what extent any third party may have an ownership or interest in those entities. They must also provide advance notice for "the creation of a new entity" and "any anticipated transfer of assets or liabilities to any other entities."

Judge Blocks Trump From Secretly Transferring His Money (newsweek.com)

Judge Arthur Engoron is taking precautionary steps against former President Donald Trump, blocking Trump from making any moves to secretly protect his money while his civil fraud trial is underway.

Engoron issued a new ruling on Thursday morning, ordering all the defendants named in the lawsuit to provide a list of all the entities they currently own and to what extent any third party may have an ownership or interest in those entities. They must also provide advance notice for "the creation of a new entity" and "any anticipated transfer of assets or liabilities to any other entities."
Judge aint playin'

I just learned this and don't know if it's been posted already.

The 18 million dollar figure that the judge listed as mara lagos worth actually came from Trump's own valuation it when it came to him paying taxes on it!!!

I'm not promoting kalinski here who I think is slowly losing his way.

I think Trump and his team realized that this case and trial were lost causes. I think Trump realized that he was going to have to come to terms with chopping off a limb if he wanted to continue forward.

He realized that NY and it’s finances were gone. So instead of wasting his time dealing with a jury trial, Trump and his team decided to go with a bench trial, and knowing that the case was already lost. They would use the time spent at the courthouse as their free advertising for the election.

Trump is only showing up to speak to the reporters to get his message out, and the media is dumb enough to go with it since, you know…ratings.

it’s a brilliant plan for a person who doesn’t mind getting rid of a limb to survive.
At this point it seems his only hope is that a Republican wins and pardons him, but some of his indictments are State crimes, which a President can not pardon. I think only the governor of the State in question can do that. So he needs the GOP to win the governorship in NY.

Another day, another big fat L in MAGA land:

Trump drops lawsuit against Michael Cohen just days before former president was to be deposed under oath | CNN Politics

Trump drops lawsuit against Michael Cohen just days before former president was to be deposed

Donald Trump dropped his lawsuit against his former attorney Michael Cohen four days before the former president was set to be deposed as part of the case, according to a court filing.

In a one -page court filing Thursday, Trump’s attorney wrote, “Plaintiff, President Donald J. Trump, by and through undersigned counsel, hereby gives notice that pursuant to Rule 41(1)(A)(i) he is voluntarily dismissing this action without prejudice.”

CNN has reached out to Trump for comment.

Trump sued Cohen in April for $500 million alleging his former fixer breached his professional obligations as his confidant and attorney through the publication of his books as well as podcasts and media appearances. The lawsuit came days after Trump was indicted on New York state charges relating to a hush money payment Cohen facilitated. Cohen testified before the grand jury in the case.

At this point it seems his only hope is that a Republican wins and pardons him, but some of his indictments are State crimes, which a President can not pardon. I think only the governor of the State in question can do that. So he needs the GOP to win the governorship in NY.
And even that isn't as straightforward as it seems. In Georgia, for example, pardons don't go through the governor but rather a specific panel iirc

Well,

It’s just a thought…

Democrat calls Trump's bluff on Mar-a-Lago valuation by urging Florida officials to hike his taxes

A House Democrat asked Palm Beach County, Florida, to tax Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort property at a rate in accordance with the valuation the former president claims it has amid his ongoing New York civil fraud trial. Rep. Jared Moskowitz, D-Fla., made the request of Palm Beach County appraiser Dorothy Jacks in a letter exclusively provided to NBC News, noting New York Supreme Court Justice Arthur Engoron's decision last week holding Trump liable for committing fraud for years by inflating and undervaluing his assets to banks and insurers.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/democrat-calls-trumps-bluff-mar-190621016.html

..Judge Engoron relied on: the county tax assessor's appraisal value.

"From 2011-2021, the Palm Beach County Assessor appraised the market value of Mar-a-Lago at between $18 million and $27.6 million," Engoron wrote in his ruling.”

source: https://www.kcra.com/amp/article/real-estate-trump-fraud-judge-valued-mar-a-lago/45433762
(Looks to be reposted cnn article)

This value will never tie to his financial statements. Regardless if he inflated the numbers or pulled the number out of his ass. I believe the ass pulling was reference in a footnote in the court filings (21-23 or something, don’t have it open). Important to note, I specially said whatever his response to thsi valuation gap was bullshit.

let me know what I’m missing in my statement.
This is your response to a true or false question? lol

Just stop already. You look ridiculous right now.

I just learned this and don't know if it's been posted already.

The 18 million dollar figure that the judge listed as mara lagos worth actually came from Trump's own valuation it when it came to him paying taxes on it!!!

I'm not promoting kalinski here who I think is slowly losing his way.

Thanks for the warning. No clicks for him.

Back