Economy Trump-supporting truckers stage NYC drive boycott after $350M legal hit and New York buisness owners are worried.

White Whale

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

A group of truck drivers who support former President Trump have announced they will not be driving to New York City as a means of expressing their disappointment with the civil fraud judgment that fined Trump more than $350 million last week.

This all comes in response to Trump being barred from operating his business in New York for three years and being found liable for more than $350 million in damages in the civil fraud case brought against him, his family and the Trump Organization by New York Attorney General Letitia James.

New York Judge Arthur Engoron handed down his ruling Friday after a months-long trial that began in October and stemmed from James' lawsuit that accused the former president of inflating his assets and committing fraud.

As a result, many pro-Trump truck drivers across the country have not taken the ruling lightly.

The New York governor has told business owners in her state that there is “nothing to worry about” after Donald Trump was fined $355m and temporarily banned from engaging in commerce in the state when he lost his civil fraud trial Friday.

In an interview on the New York radio show the Cats Roundtable with the supermarket billionaire John Catsimatidis, Kathy Hochul sought to quell fears in some quarters that the penalties handed to Trump for engaging in fraudulent business practices could chill the state’s commercial climate.

Asked if businesspeople should be worried that if prosecutors could “do that to the former president, they can do that to anybody”, Hochul said: “Law-abiding and rule-following New Yorkers who are businesspeople have nothing to worry about because they’re very different than Donald Trump and his behavior.”

She added that the fraud case against Trump resulted from “really an extraordinary, unusual circumstance”.

Hochul’s comments were directed at some New York business leaders who said they were concerned that the attorney general Letitia James’s case against Trump could deter businesses and investment from coming to the state. Hochul noted James’s case demonstrated how Trump and some allies obtained favorable bank loans and insurance rates with inflated real estate values.

Truck drivers are refusing to pickup loads to New York after Trump fine.

New York business owners are worried after the court ruling.

Politically motivated attacks against Trump in New York could cause them to lose buisness.

Arrest the truck drivers without bail
I know you're probably trolling, but there are actually people out there that would cheer on that type of Government tyranny. 100%

*edit*
Case in point: the person that just posted below me. He's not trolling. He is completely "useful".

Last edited:
just freeze their accounts and add them to terrorist list, they'll bend the knee

Those truckers will do nothing. Those companies are probably looking into self driving replacements now.

I know you're probably trolling, but there are actually people out there that would cheer on that type of Government tyranny. 100%

*edit*
Case and point: the person that just posted below me. He's not trolling. He is completely "useful".
Are they worse or better than people cheering for fraudulent business practices?

Are they worse or better than people cheering for fraudulent business practices?
Yup, that's the part that's insane to me. Truckers can do what they want but they're supporting fraudulent business practices. That's the thing that people should be surprised about.

Indicator #238,423,423 that politics have overridden moral character in our country.

I can't think of anything more pathetic than a bunch of blue-collar working class people voluntarily coming together and protesting on behalf of a lifetime conman that made billions after a lifetime of stiffing blue-collar workers just like them. Holy fucking shit the working class in America is turbo cucked.

lol... This is stupid.

Truckers care about money.... Even if there were enough truckers deciding to avoid New York to make any sort of difference, as soon as rates went up, 95%+ would break and take the money.

Source? My X works safety and maintenance for a trucking company. lol...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back