Crime New York will send National Guard to subways after a string of violent crimes

Do they know they don't have $5 footlongs anymore?

I was in NYC and on the subway yesterday-well, maybe not the subways around town, but the one from Long Island. Took my three kids all under the age of 14. Went on a boat ride to see the sights. The boat was filled with what I am guessing is people from the shelters probably free passage or paid for by a church group. No issues there. In fact, we ran into very few issues. The streets were clean. Only a few homeless and a few crazy people wondering around screaming. One guy of note was a black male that was screaming at Arabs to get out and fuck Palestine.

Not too many cops either. It was annoying having people blow pot smoke in our faces all day and the only real issue I observed was a Hispanic guy walk next to my mom and throw up some hand signals behind him. A woman then moved into position behind my mom, who had a large backpack on. I knew she had nothing of value in there, but I was pretty sure the woman was going to try and either pick her pocket or grab the bag and run, so I moved behind her and blocked them. The man looked at me and I stared back at him. This happened in one of the narrow walkways under construction near time square.

Overall, I was expecting much more craziness and the cleanliness of the streets really surprised me. I hadn’t been there in 20 years. Again, not on the subway proper, but I expected more to be honest. There was a big turd in one of the urinals in the subway

Took my son into the city a few weeks ago, thankfully my fiance is a life long Long Islander and could navigate the LIR and subway system.

Went in early on a Sunday, so wasn't crowded with the commuter crowd. Only one obnoxious panhandler making rounds on the subway and one crazy throwing overhand rights at the air near the world trade.

I'm sure it's worse in some places, but downtown wasn't any worse than anywhere else I been.

I'm sure my teenage son enjoyed the influencer in the see through pants and thong.

Took my son into the city a few weeks ago, thankfully my fiance is a life long Long Islander and could navigate the LIR and subway system.

Went in early on a Sunday, so wasn't crowded with the commuter crowd. Only one obnoxious panhandler making rounds on the subway and one crazy throwing overhand rights at the air near the world trade.

I'm sure it's worse in some places, but downtown wasn't any worse than anywhere else I been.

I'm sure my teenage son enjoyed the influencer in the see through pants and thong.
Friday afternoon for us. The last time I was there, a group of punks tried to start a fight with me after one of them purposely shouldered me and tried to blame me. I apologized and said excuse me and he was all “what the fuck did you say to me!?” They wanted that 5:1 fight. I was young and stupid and expected a fair fight and my brother grabbed me and saved me from a beat down. I am from an area where it is mostly 1:1 except in the ghettos. I don’t know what I was getting into.

Sending in the National guard to protect New York's subway is only a temporary solution. It doesn't solve the problem. What needs to happen is for bail to return to New York, and for DAs to impression criminals. Till that happens crime will continue to rise in New York.

NY Sends National Guard into Subways​

The subways are officially a war zone.​

What happens if they shoot a black guy?

The bullet from their service rifle passes through him and hits 4 more people of different races, cultures, genders and sexuality, so it's ok.

Last edited:
I mean the dreg pool of NYC has gotten to a point where serious enforcement is needed.

Unfortunately it is, the median right winger is generally against urbanist reforms like investment in public transit and other alternatives like bike lanes as well as zoning reform and whatnot. #notall of course but many.

I think most homeowners don't want more public transit in their area because it tends to bring crime.

I think most homeowners don't want more public transit in their area because it tends to bring crime.
I think that's something people say without knowing whether or not its true because its convenient for their argument.

Back