• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Taira vs Perez— Whi was winning before the finish???

You Will Vote For Dreyga

You have no choice
@Gold
Reaction score
I am SUPER biased but I thought Taira was looking good before the fight ended???

How do you guys think he does against Pantoja???

Taira won round 1 if you go by actual scoring criterias. If you score takedowns that leads to nothing like in the 2000s and think this is amateur boxing where damage doesnt matter then Perez may have edged it.

Hmmm first round was really even, I would give it to Alex

Not sure how the fight would have went as it was a little too early to judge but that back take from Tairo was so fast

A knee to the face is not worth less than two shoulder slaps.

I felt like Taira was gonna take over. Perez was on the gas very early but wasn't getting a ton off. Taira's clinch looked good and his low leg/calf kicks seemed to bother Alex more.

Also he had his back taken badly. Perez injuring himself or not Taira is a dangerous man to have there.

I mean I had Perez winning a competiive first round. Taira was getting tagged alot.

In the 2nd rd tho Taira came out clearly aggresive and trying to end the fight and he did so credit to him for having the willpower to turn that whole shit upside down

A lot of Alex's punches in round one were flailing shots while being controlled in the Thai clinch. Kinda hard to put much weight on them. TD didn't lead to anything.

I give rnd 1 to Taira by virtue of cleaner, albeit fewer shots.

Rnd 2, Alex was starting to land quite a few shots of Taira's face. He was winning, but even without the knee injury, once Taira was on his back, it looked like it was about to downhill real fast.

Side note: The cocksucking from the commentary team on Taira was uncomfortable as hell.

Competitive.

I'd like to see super-slo-mo of those eye pokes.

It looked like the fingers definitely came down across the eye, but y'know, that can happen without any actual eye contact or poke injury.

I could be wrong, but my gut says Perez maybe overreacted to at least one of them.

Reactions: HHJ
Pretty competitive, but even if Alex's knee didn't collapse he would've still found himself with Taira on his back with 2 minutes to work with, and 5 submission losses tell me he would've been toast.

I'm just not seeing it with Taira in the way lots of fans are.

Perez won the first round. He landed more big shots overall.

Ultimately, Taira looked good from start to finish. He had no fear in the standup at all, didn’t get emotional, and he bided his time until he was ready to lunge with the takedown in round 2.

Taira is the real deal. He’s good enough at striking and durability to endure any decent threat, then his grappling game is going to overwhelm any flyweight.

Only a few other flyweights might beat him. Hopefully we get him to face pantoja soon, even if he has to wait for Mokaev first

Taira got hit a lot in the dirty boxing exchanges but is otherwise very talented

I really really hate how much eyepokes get downplayed.

You can't recover from them enough to be fighting. You can't ignore that your eye is now burning or that you will be squinting at random moments. The fact that they had to change gloves, fighters know about the eyepokes and taira still got to change the outcome of the fight with two of them bother's me to no end.

Taira probably would have won without them but I had Perez winning before the first one.

I don't think He matches up well against pantoja unfortunately. Pantoja will probably just lay on top of him.

In this fight he impressed me though. his striking seems very fundamentally sound but maybe a bit limited. Landed a few good leg kicks and well timed knees. has other good intangibles... Calm, good energy management, fast.

I dont think he's ready for Moreno/Royval/Pantoja Just yet. I think they should keep him 2 fights from the title for now.

Kape vs Mokaev loser next.

Back