Media Sean Strickland: "I keep getting asked to fight Whittaker. I beat Izzy, the world knows I beat DDP. Whittaker lost to both."

Sounds like a duck to me .. I wouldn't want to fight Whittaker either but this guy is calling himself champion .. how

Strickland is right; he deserves it more. Based on their history with ddp and izzy.

Whittaker is busting his ass to prove he deserves another shot, though. I suppose he should be rooting for ddp to beat izzy then because at least whittaker only lost to ddp once so far.

Of course he would talk down a stylistically dangerous opponent and he knows it

I think he even surprised himself against Izzy tbh

Strickland is only entertaining outside of the octagon, or used to be anyway, so if he's gonna start going the Colby route and sitting out long periods of time that's fine with me.

from a Mod? Wow. Thought yall at least watched MMA casually.

Strickland isnt fucking dumb. He is the #1 contender (despite the Izzy gifted title match) and he just did the "out of rankings" fight with Costa. He should be fighting for the strap. Anything else is clown shoes and we all know it.
Sean couldn't even defend the belt once. And Whittaker, after accepting a fight with Khamzat who pulled out, also fought down the rankings and got a finish. That was also after beating Costa. Sean's a big boy, he can do what he thinks is best. We'll see how it all works out. He can't run from Rob forever.

The old Strickland would be all "fuck yeah I'd fight whoever, I'm no pussy"

I mean, he did that and proved he would do that and earned the right to be slightly more selective.

He took a dangerous Costa fight.

He sure is but now the UFC has Rob as leverage to negotiate against him.

But if Izzy beats DDP it's pretty logical to think that Izzy's gonna call out Sean for the rematch.
I somehow doubt Izzy will call out Sean

Strickland entire character is bullshit. I’m a crazy motherfucker. I just love to brawl. He’s a jabbing point fighter. It’s all I want to do. I’d fight for free. I’m holding out for a title shot

Back