Media Dricus Du Plessis Says Robert Whittaker is More Deserving of a Title Shot Than Sean Strickland.

He's refusing to fight anyone so it's not the same as ducking

sure, but we're posting in a thread where people are accusing DDP of ducking Strickland just because he said he thinks Whittaker deserves the title shot more than Strickland does, even though he literally said he doesn't mind fighting Strickland either. i'm just saying, if they're going to accuse DDP of ducking while he literally said he'd fight the guy they say he's ducking and trying to push a narrative, why aren't they saying Strickland is ducking everyone just so he can fight DDP? it's a double standard.

Sean never beat ikram, you're think of Abus
Ahh, Sorry I meant Imavov who just beat Jared, my bad but my point still stands. DDP is smart and his words made many people demanding to see the rematch (which creates a narrative) and if it does not happen he gets to fight the easier guy he already beat. Win/Win as he would probably beat Sean in the rematch.

sure, but we're posting in a thread where people are accusing DDP of ducking Strickland just because he said he thinks Whittaker deserves the title shot more than Strickland does, even though he literally said he doesn't mind fighting Strickland either. i'm just saying, if they're going to accuse DDP of ducking while he literally said he'd fight the guy they say he's ducking and trying to push a narrative, why aren't they saying Strickland is ducking everyone just so he can fight DDP? it's a double standard.
100% agree

I'd rather see Rob or Khamzat vs DDP rather than Strickland just jabbing & kicking for 5 rounds.

Oh, for fucks sake

I like Rob, he is a great fighter.
But he had 2 title shots since losing the title.
Although I believe his second Izzy fight was a draw, he blew it vs DDP, he lost badly.
Sean, on the other hand, had a very close fight with DDP.

Now, both Sean and Rob beat Costa, who is a beatable fighter, if his opponent is semi-technical at least.
Rob beat a an unproved ranked guy and let's say he beats Chimaev, a guy who seems to have great potential, but who has zero wins over ranked MWs.
I don't see why Rob deserves another TS, while being 3-0.
He was finished by DDP. Badly

Sean, on the other hand

1724129131432.png

Because it's the truth? And he has flat out said that he wants the fight the fans want, which is strickland. There's no angle being pushed.
Issue is fans doesnt want fight with stickland... guy is sitting on his ass doing nothing, when Rob can hit 3rd win in a row after defeat. So whos more deserving of a TS?.

That and the fact that Sean beat izzy much easier than him while also Whittaker lost twice against Izzy, which both DDP and Sean beat.

I don't like strickland, but he deserves it much more. After Sean, Whittaker is clearly the next in line.

Dricus finished Izzy. His victory is better. No one can argue that.

The only problem with DDP v Strickland 2 is that the fight is not going to be entertaining. It is interesting from a competitive standpoint but Strickland is not fun to watch.

967dd6d8-9c27-4b04-91ba-781301c8554d_text.gif

I'm sorry but objectively the guy who took DDP to a split decision vs the guy DDP ran over is who deserves it more. I'm tired of rematches for title fights, it takes away from the champion. Rather see Khamzat, Allen, Imavov in there than guys he already beat. Hell I'd rather see Michel Pereira or Alex Pereira.

A fight that can go either way but didn't... didn't. It's called losing. You're scoring a loss for Strickland.

The quantity and quality of their wins since losing are both in Rob's favor. The only thing in Sean's is that he's turning around from a title fight and Rob's turning around from a title eliminator. That gives him a bit of space, but not much, which Rob more than made up.
Then the winner of Allen/Imavov next month will deserve it more than Whittaker

Whittaker is third in line at this point
<Fedor23>

Then the winner of Allen/Imavov next month will deserve it more than Whittaker

Whittaker is third in line at this point
<Fedor23>
I really wanted Allen to smash up Vettori and get his name up here already, but Marvin withdrew. He'd be good fresh blood.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Old Scratch
Back