Tom Aspinall Calls for Jon Jones to be Stripped: "I Should be the Real Champion."

Aspinall beats Jones and Pav as well, I'd go as far as Ngannou stopping him.

He fought at LHW his whole career and really got beat at least twice there but was gifted decisions because he is a money maker and the illusion of having an invincible champion is something the UFC couldn't refuse, the point is this is HW whole different ball of wax where the 3 time cheat doesn't have a size advantage and now if he wants to actually prove he's the best he will have to face Aspinall who is well rounded unlike Gane who was hand picked to make Jones look good that won't happen with Aspinall or Pav even.
Jon would beat Pav just as easily as reem did. Pav is slow as shit and his wrestling is sus. Jon matches up way better with Pav than Tom and Francis. I don't know how anyone still says Pav beats Jon. I also don't know why Pav is still held higher than Gane on here when Gane has beaten most of the same guys Pav and has. Not to mention he survived 5 rounds with Francis, something that Pav wouldn't be able to do. If Tom was able to starch Pav like that Francis would have killed him even with compromised knees. Pav is not that good, he just hits really hard.

Jon would beat Pav just as easily as reem did. Pav is slow as shit and his wrestling is sus. Jon matches up way better with Pav than Tom and Francis. I don't know how anyone still says Pav beats Jon. I also don't know why Pav is still held higher than Gane on here when Gane has beaten most of the same guys Pav and has. Not to mention he survived 5 rounds with Francis, something that Pav wouldn't be able to do. If Tom was able to starch Pav like that Francis would have killed him even with compromised knees. Pav is not that good, he just hits really hard.

Styles make fights just because Tom pulled off an impressive win doesn't somehow negate everything that Pav accomplished before that is luke warm thinking, fact is Pav is still young and can learn from this and its not bad because he was beaten by Tom who has proven to be number 1 at HW so nothing wrong there.

No I still think Pav beats Jones because Jon has never shown KO power like what Tom showed in his win over Pav so its not like Serg ground game was exposed here and the Overeem loss was quite a while ago, Pav has the same reach as Jon and doesn't have to worry about being KO'd so I see a much different fight here and Serg connecting with those big shots.

Styles make fights just because Tom pulled off an impressive win doesn't somehow negate everything that Pav accomplished before that is luke warm thinking, fact is Pav is still young and can learn from this and its not bad because he was beaten by Tom who has proven to be number 1 at HW so nothing wrong there.

No I still think Pav beats Jones because Jon has never shown KO power like what Tom showed in his win over Pav so its not like Serg ground game was exposed here and the Overeem loss was quite a while ago, Pav has the same reach as Jon and doesn't have to worry about being KO'd so I see a much different fight here and Serg connecting with those big shots.
Jon takes Pav down and finishes him there imo. Pav isn't fast or explosive so he shouldn't have much problem doing it. I do agree Pav can sleep Jon but Jon manages distance well and is crafty so I don't really see him making it easy for himself to get KO'ed. IMO none of these new age HW's have the fight IQ to match Jon outside of Stipe so the only way to victory for them is to have the speed, explosiveness and stopping power to sleep him quickly which only Tom and Francis possess. Serg has the power but will never connect on Jon.

It's just not a good attitude to want to be handed the title. If it happens to fall in your lap in an interim situation, take it, but to demand it just be given to you? Ehhh...seems a bit weak. He should just be demanding to fight him.

It's just not a good attitude to want to be handed the title. If it happens to fall in your lap in an interim situation, take it, but to demand it just be given to you? Ehhh...seems a bit weak. He should just be demanding to fight him.
He is. He is asking to fight both Stipe and Jones.

He thinks he should fight Stipe while Jones recovers and have Jones fight the winner.

Jon takes Pav down and finishes him there imo. Pav isn't fast or explosive so he shouldn't have much problem doing it. I do agree Pav can sleep Jon but Jon manages distance well and is crafty so I don't really see him making it easy for himself to get KO'ed. IMO none of these new age HW's have the fight IQ to match Jon outside of Stipe so the only way to victory for them is to have the speed, explosiveness and stopping power to sleep him quickly which only Tom and Francis possess. Serg has the power but will never connect on Jon.

Pav isn't Gane who has zero ground game lol I think because you saw what Jones did to Gane and what happened to Pav when he faced Overeem some how has you believing that Jones can just easily take anyone down and do what he did to Gane, when in reality Gane was hand picked for Jones for that exact reason that's what makes Jones smart not what he does in his fights but how much of a hack he is taking PED's and fighting in a division where he is the largest competitor amongst smaller opponents and hand picking fights like past it Stipe and one dimentional Gane.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that Pav is slow or not explosive the guy had 6 KO's in a row you don't accomplish that from being slow and not explosive. As for how I think this fight would play out I'll admit that Jon could possible take Pav down but I don't see him submitting him the way he did against Gane, I think Jon would employ elbows from the guard to open cuts if he used that gameplan but I personally think Pav tags him before Jon gets the opportunity to get a td and finishes him.

Sherdog and the posters on this site have a really what have you done for me lately mentality on here its very ignorant and narrow minded, every time a fighter loses a fight they're automatically garbage and not that good or the opposite when someone pulls off a nice KO or sub they are seen as invincible an example that has annoyed me lately is how everyone
just thinks Jones can take anyone down at will and sub them the way he did against Gane without even acknowledging
that is was Gane who is a kickboxer primarily with very little ground game and this is what I've been saying about how UFC is pretty well phasing out grapplers in favor of KO artists and brawlers because this is better for business, another staggering thing I've noticed from looking at many of the so called new breed mma fighters on wikipedia is that many of these guys only have blue belts only like 2 years ago and now are suddenly black belts funny how that works.

Pav isn't Gane who has zero ground game lol I think because you saw what Jones did to Gane and what happened to Pav when he faced Overeem some how has you believing that Jones can just easily take anyone down and do what he did to Gane, when in reality Gane was hand picked for Jones for that exact reason that's what makes Jones smart not what he does in his fights but how much of a hack he is taking PED's and fighting in a division where he is the largest competitor amongst smaller opponents and hand picking fights like past it Stipe and one dimentional Gane.

I don't know where you're getting the idea that Pav is slow or not explosive the guy had 6 KO's in a row you don't accomplish that from being slow and not explosive. As for how I think this fight would play out I'll admit that Jon could possible take Pav down but I don't see him submitting him the way he did against Gane, I think Jon would employ elbows from the guard to open cuts if he used that gameplan but I personally think Pav tags him before Jon gets the opportunity to get a td and finishes him.

Sherdog and the posters on this site have a really what have you done for me lately mentality on here its very ignorant and narrow minded, every time a fighter loses a fight they're automatically garbage and not that good or the opposite when someone pulls off a nice KO or sub they are seen as invincible an example that has annoyed me lately is how everyone
just thinks Jones can take anyone down at will and sub them the way he did against Gane without even acknowledging
that is was Gane who is a kickboxer primarily with very little ground game and this is what I've been saying about how UFC is pretty well phasing out grapplers in favor of KO artists and brawlers because this is better for business, another staggering thing I've noticed from looking at many of the so called new breed mma fighters on wikipedia is that many of these guys only have blue belts only like 2 years ago and now are suddenly black belts funny how that works.
No I think what I think because Jon has some of the best wrestling in the sport and was able to match DC(and take him down), who has one of the best wrestling pedigree's in UFC history at LHW/ HW. There's absolutely no reason Jon could not take Pav down just as Reem did, especially when he has the better wrestling. How was Gane hand picked? Gane was the only guy that made sense at the time. Tom and Sergei weren't even in title contention during that time period and they didn't have hype behind them yet so why the hell would Jon fight down?

Pav is slow when compared to Tom, Francis and even Gane. His KO's were legit but the guys he was sleeping were far from high level strikers and they don't have anywhere near the fight IQ Jon does. No dude, I'm not saying Pav isn't good, he hits very hard, has good hand speed and has pretty good boxing. I never said he was garbage, I simply said he isn't THAT good and isn't exactly hard to figure out cause he's fairly basic. Reem figured him out within a round and Tom got his timing down in just over a minute. If you think someone like Jon couldn't figure Pav out too I don't really know what to tell you other than you don't understand the significance of fight IQ.

No I think what I think because Jon has some of the best wrestling in the sport and was able to match DC(and take him down), who has one of the best wrestling pedigree's in UFC history at LHW/ HW. There's absolutely no reason Jon could not take Pav down just as Reem did, especially when he has the better wrestling. How was Gane hand picked? Gane was the only guy that made sense at the time. Tom and Sergei weren't even in title contention during that time period and they didn't have hype behind them yet so why the hell would Jon fight down?

Pav is slow when compared to Tom, Francis and even Gane. His KO's were legit but the guys he was sleeping were far from high level strikers and they don't have anywhere near the fight IQ Jon does. No dude, I'm not saying Pav isn't good, he hits very hard, has good hand speed and has pretty good boxing. I never said he was garbage, I simply said he isn't THAT good and isn't exactly hard to figure out cause he's fairly basic. Reem figured him out within a round and Tom got his timing down in just over a minute. If you think someone like Jon couldn't figure Pav out too I don't really know what to tell you other than you don't understand the significance of fight IQ.
Jones waited until Ngannou left UFC and tbh the UFC HW division is not very good even now with Aspinall its pretty shallow division and that is why Jon moved up when it was at its weakest now that Aspinall and Pav are there I highly doubt he wants any piece of either of them, as far as Pav and you thinking he isn't THAT good that remains to be seen actually because he is
still young and will come back stronger I'm certain of it.

Jones waited until Ngannou left UFC and tbh the UFC HW division is not very good even now with Aspinall its pretty shallow division and that is why Jon moved up when it was at its weakest now that Aspinall and Pav are there I highly doubt he wants any piece of either of them, as far as Pav and you thinking he isn't THAT good that remains to be seen actually because he is
still young and will come back stronger I'm certain of it.
How does it remain to be seen? As of right now in the present, we've already seen Pav isn't THAT good. Could he get better? of course but I'm arguing he isn't THAT good at this moment. Pav's striking is very 1 dimensional, no traps, no set ups, he's very straight forward and doesn't even kick, there's not much to think about when fighting him and that makes it easy for guys that know what they're doing to read him. Pav is too predictable and that's what separates him from someone like Francis who is just as powerful. Francis is so scary cause he's unpredictable. He's always adding to his game and brings an upgraded version of himself to each fight. You don't know what to expect from him each time he fights and that's what makes him so dangerous. Where as with Pav you can pretty much expect much of the same from him every time he fights. IMO I don't think he's touching a title anytime soon, not with Tom, Jon, Cyril and Almeida being in the mix as they all beat him as he doesn't really have the tools to deal with dynamic, crafty guys like that.

Im okay with Jones not being stripped, there is precedent for this. But not giving Tom the first fight of Jones coming back is stupid and unfair

Theres uncertainy grapping wise there I'd agree and Pav being slower would probably make it easier for Jones to work range but really Gane's grappling is straight up bad.

How does it remain to be seen? As of right now in the present, we've already seen Pav isn't THAT good. Could he get better? of course but I'm arguing he isn't THAT good at this moment. Pav's striking is very 1 dimensional, no traps, no set ups, he's very straight forward and doesn't even kick, there's not much to think about when fighting him and that makes it easy for guys that know what they're doing to read him. Pav is too predictable and that's what separates him from someone like Francis who is just as powerful. Francis is so scary cause he's unpredictable. He's always adding to his game and brings an upgraded version of himself to each fight. You don't know what to expect from him each time he fights and that's what makes him so dangerous. Where as with Pav you can pretty much expect much of the same from him every time he fights. IMO I don't think he's touching a title anytime soon, not with Tom, Jon, Cyril and Almeida being in the mix as they all beat him as he doesn't really have the tools to deal with dynamic, crafty guys like that.

Wow couldn't disagree with you more you actually don't think he's any good for what losing to Aspinall after having 6 straight KO's then going by that logic you'd have to concede that the people he beat weren't any good either, fine that's your opinion
but I see him facing Aspinall again for the title the guys you mention Almeida couldn't even submit Lewis when he had mount for the entire fight and looks extremely vulnerable for most of the fight no way he doesn't get tko'd by Pav and Ciryl could have a chance as he is a technical striker but still I think Pav turns his lights out and Jones I believe he is past it now despite how good he looked against Gane who has a huge glaring flaw in his ground game.

If Jones doesn't want to fight Aspinall, he should be stripped. Stipe has no business fighting for a title.

Wow couldn't disagree with you more you actually don't think he's any good for what losing to Aspinall after having 6 straight KO's then going by that logic you'd have to concede that the people he beat weren't any good either, fine that's your opinion
but I see him facing Aspinall again for the title the guys you mention Almeida couldn't even submit Lewis when he had mount for the entire fight and looks extremely vulnerable for most of the fight no way he doesn't get tko'd by Pav and Ciryl could have a chance as he is a technical striker but still I think Pav turns his lights out and Jones I believe he is past it now despite how good he looked against Gane who has a huge glaring flaw in his ground game.
Lol dude I've told ya numerous times why I don't think he's THAT good and it isn't cause he lost to Tom. I even gave you break downs as to why supporting it. 6 KO's in a row is an impressive feat but like I already said, look at the competition he's been fighting, you even said it yourself, the division isn't that deep when it comes to skill. He KO'ed Derrick that has a very limited skill set, Taii that also has a limited skill set and Curtis who despite having a better skill set than the former, has a fight IQ that consistently shits the bed and ends up losing to guys he should beat on paper. Again, I'm not saying Pav isn't good. He is good, otherwise he wouldn't be where he is, he just isn't THAT good. Stop just looking at how hard he hits and how many KO's he has and look at how he fights and you'll see what where I'm coming from. Gane picks him apart in the stand up unless he can land a bomb. Almeida's striking is still sus so I don't know if he beats him there but he is crafty enough with his set ups for his TD's so I imagine he can probably get hm down, as to if he can finish him there? I couldn't tell ya.

Jon his going to beat old man stipe and retire and send Stipe to the nursing home.

Neither of them want the heat from this guy. After they both retire he can be the real champ. Actually he is the real champ right now. Of the UFC. Frank is the real boss.

Lol dude I've told ya numerous times why I don't think he's THAT good and it isn't cause he lost to Tom. I even gave you break downs as to why supporting it. 6 KO's in a row is an impressive feat but like I already said, look at the competition he's been fighting, you even said it yourself, the division isn't that deep when it comes to skill. He KO'ed Derrick that has a very limited skill set, Taii that also has a limited skill set and Curtis who despite having a better skill set than the former, has a fight IQ that consistently shits the bed and ends up losing to guys he should beat on paper. Again, I'm not saying Pav isn't good. He is good, otherwise he wouldn't be where he is, he just isn't THAT good. Stop just looking at how hard he hits and how many KO's he has and look at how he fights and you'll see what where I'm coming from. Gane picks him apart in the stand up unless he can land a bomb. Almeida's striking is still sus so I don't know if he beats him there but he is crafty enough with his set ups for his TD's so I imagine he can probably get hm down, as to if he can finish him there? I couldn't tell ya.

Gane would be the more interesting fight for Pav and that's what they should make to really test him, I say Pav totally destroys Almeida and I wouldn't have thought this if it wasn't for him not being able to finish Lewis when he had every opportunity.

Gane would be the more interesting fight for Pav and that's what they should make to really test him, I say Pav totally destroys Almeida and I wouldn't have thought this if it wasn't for him not being able to finish Lewis when he had every opportunity.
I agree, Pav and Gane is the fight to make. Yeah, Almeida's stock did drop a bit after not being able to finish Lewis on the ground. I think you're right, Almeida does have a harder time with Pav. Heck I even think he has a hard time with a Blaydes that decides to show up on fight night and do the right things. I still wanna see Blaydes and Almeida. I think Almeida is trying to duck him after fighting lewis and realizing how hard it is to keep true heavy weights down and submit them when there's a 30 pound weight discrepancy. I can't imagine he really would want to have to try and take down and submit Blaydes or Pav who can wrestle and are faster than Lewis. Which is why he is pushing for Gane.

Well, he did tool someone that neither Jones nor Stipe would fight and did it in Pav's world- the stand up. Hopefully it won't take forever for the situation to clear up, I could see why it would feel unfair.

Absolute comedy, if Pav was HW champion both men would have fought him. But Pav has never been that good.

Both men fought prime DC and a slew of men, who would make the HW division look like a children's room.

Pav is the same guy who lost to an old Overeem with no chin, The same one stipe beat years earlier. The dick riding for Aspinal is out of the roof for a guy who beat no one.

Stipe is still the HW with the most accolades at HW and makes sense for an old jon jones. Aspinal is a nobody, who just now got the belt. He is not in front of Stipe because he beat another young fighter who barely moves the meter. This fight was in the making before Aspinal was a twinkle in the eye of the division.

Aspinal can wait

Last edited:
Back