Henry Cejudo Questions Aspinall's Emotional Reaction to Interim Title Win, "It's Not the Real Thing."

Interim titles don't count, we all know that...I mean I feel Aspinal beats ther brakes off of Jones but that doesn't mean him beating Pav for an interim title is winning the real thing. Honestly how many Interim title holders stick around in memory for long? CCC is right but why bother putting it on camera? Guy is such an attention whore.

Henry would break down in tears if he won a short notice, interim title.

It was a gamble and validation for Tom. Also, he might as well be the real champ because he was told Jones/Stipe are both going to retire and his belt made official. Henry is just being Henry.

I get it, but I think Tom surprised himself, half expected to get slept himself, coupled with the belt he went bananas.

Couture, Rutten, Barnett and Sylvia all vacated the HW belt too.

GSP is still the lineal WW/MW double champ :cool:

Couture didn't vacate he came back and fought Brock. Barnett didn't vacate he was stripped for pissing hot. Big Timmy didn't vacate he was stripped for pissing hot and then fought Frank Mir for the Vacant title he had taken away so Frank continued that lineage by beating the last champion Tim. Funny enough Frank then was stripped due to his motorcycle accident and Arlovski fought and beat Timmy for the Interim title and was promoted to Undisputed after Frank's accident and recovery was deemed to be taking too long for him to return.

*Edit* Couture did get stripped of his original title so Bas vacating didn't matter since he was not the Lineal champion maybe?

Last edited:
Looked more like relief at not getting ktfo by the scariest guy, than happiness at winning the interim belt to me. He was clearly scared and stressed, and to get through it in such a way the reaction is completely understandable, it's a better win that beating up TJ's skeleton and acting like you just demolished one of the goats of the sport, and sleeping with a freaking pillow with his face on it

Lol cejudo is an ass.

It’s absolutely the real thing it’s been confirmed as such.

Aspinall beat the actual number 1 contender. JOnes beat the guy who lost to the previous champ.

Jones beat the person who was the top ranked heavyweight in the UFC. No one was calling him a bum until Jones put him away. Even on Sherdog, a plurality of voters picked Gane to win (45% to 41%, with 14% having no opinion):

k5nD7F2.png

So let's not act like we all knew Jones was given the "easiest possible matchup" and the win means nothing. Gane is a good fighter. Before the fight, most people here expected him to win. Jones is just that good.

Interim belts are a glorified #1 contender title and decided arbitrarily by the UFC for business reasons.
If Jones vs Stipe had not been cancelled, Aspinall vs Pavlovich could likely have happened as non title fight and non one would think of the winner as a champion.

Not taking anything away from Aspinall.

If Ngannou hadn't left, Jones vs Gane could have happened as a non title fight.

Jones title isn't any more credible than Aspinall's.

It's pretty much like winning The Intercontinental Championship Belt :

i-c-title-belt.jpg

You know what I should do today , I should comment on and criticize the happiness and sense of accomplishment of a fighter who’s like 10 weigh categories away from me , I’m sure everyone gives a fuck what I’m thinking

Jones beat the person who was the top ranked heavyweight in the UFC. No one was calling him a bum until Jones put him away. Even on Sherdog, a plurality of voters picked Gane to win (45% to 41%, with 14% having no opinion):

k5nD7F2.png

So let's not act like we all knew Jones was given the "easiest possible matchup" and the win means nothing. Gane is a good fighter. Before the fight, most people here expected him to win. Jones is just that good.

I think Gane is an excellent fighter still to this day. It doesn't change the fact that he was the guy who lost to the previous champion and had a single win over Tai Tuivasa since then.
I never said he was an easy match up at all.

When Gane was thrown in there with a single win since losing, Pavlovich had the exact same last 2 wins as Cyril but was on a 5 fight win streak.

It's short term planning by the UFC. They threw Gane in there against Jones and he got destroyed. They then capitulated to Jones and gave him Stipe in a fight with both planning to retire, then they threw 2 guys on massive streaks against each other for a short notice interim belt because Jones wants to take Stipes legacy without having to fight 3 dangerous HWs to get the title defence record. Now they have a surprising star in Tom Aspinall and they want to shelf him for a retiring Jones.

The UFC does this all the time. They can't build stars unless they are undefeated and they keep stalling out divisions for stupid fights.

HW is semi dead for 8-12 months when you have a young guy willing to fight and defend.
LHW is semi dead with us waiting on Hill to be healthy. Alex has beat Jan and Jiri and we can move on from the ill advised interim type belt for Hill.
MW they are pushing Khamzat for some unknown reason (who can't fight in the US) when it's finally opened up with Strickland beating Izzy.
WW has been stalled for ages whilst Colby gets another shot with no ranked wins.
LW champ has only fought 1 top 5 fighter in his division.
FW champ just got wasted on a pointless short notice LW fight, when they could have used an actual LW and saved that rematch.
BW has a clear contender being skipped with a great story as the training partner of the champ who just lost the belt.
FW is the only division with a good match up by rankings.

None of this is a stab against Gane's skills at all. He never should have been the one to fight Jones, but his skillset was known at the time and that lack of ground game was there to be exploited by Jones.

You know what I should do today , I should comment on and criticize the happiness and sense of accomplishment of a fighter who’s like 10 weigh categories away from me , I’m sure everyone gives a fuck what I’m thinking

I would feel bad about him losing to Sterling due to judges inability to actually consistently score by the criteria if he wasn't such an idiot.

CCC entire career with the belts was losing to DJ, and getting extremely early stoppages in all but the TJ fight.
If TJ had never gone down to 125, CCC never would have won the BW belt against him either. Only reason TJ popped was the stupid weightcut throwing his doping schedule out, so I guess there is a positive there, but it would have been good to not have to hear from Cejudo.

I respect Cejudo but this isn't the first time he's acting like a punk bitch. Especially due to professional jealousy.
This is hilarious. Cejudo is ten times the martial artist and athlete Aspinall is. You should be ashamed of yourself for posting something so horrendously retarded.

This is hilarious. Cejudo is ten times the martial artist and athlete Aspinall is.
He was pretty good yea,but now he cant beat Sterling and is actin out. Midget complexity. Small man,small opinions. I see you can relate with that part at least. Similar to Jones. Being at home on twitter going "whyhowcome someone else get praise,wtf is that???" SNFffffffffffffffffffT :: delete ::

Cejudo is right, Jones is the only and real champ, interim belts are meaning less.

Aspinal needs to be a good guy, sit down and wait after Jones is done with Miocic.

Big win on short notice….I’ll give Big Tom a pass …. Interim titles are meaningless imo ….but he’s set himself up
Nice regardless

He was pretty good yea,but now he cant beat Sterling and is actin out. Midget complexity. Small man,small opinions. I see you can relate with that part at least. Similar to Jones. Being at home on twitter going "whyhowcome someone else get praise,wtf is that???" SNFffffffffffffffffffT :: delete ::
You might want to ease it with the projection, not a good look. Small opinion doesnt even make sense. Also how many olympic medals and undisputed championships does Tom have? Remind me.

You might want to ease it with the projection, not a good look. Small opinion doesnt even make sense. Also how many olympic medals and undisputed championships does Tom have? Remind me.
He didnt bother to go for those. He opted for the Ultimate proving grounds.

Back