Stipe is still a tougher fight for Jon Jones than Aspinall

Legacy wise it matters more for Jones. Let's be honest. If Jones beats Aspinall then people would be screaming he needs to fight Stipe.

48 year old Stipe is still a tougher, more meaningful fight for Jon Jones. Besides size, youthfulness, knockout power, and being the interim champ, Aspinall doesn’t have anything for Jon.

You're literally not even trying with this one sir.
Aspinall would beat the piss out of Stipe, and his grappling is pretty damn good so, I'm not sure where you're coming from that Tom has nothing.

Honestly, I'm leaning that way too. Stipe is probably the greatest heavyweight the UFC has ever had, has excellent striking and wrestling, and has only lost once without being knocked out (and you know Jones isn't going to KO him). Of course, he'll also be 42 this year and hasn't fought in three years.

That said, we know Stipe can go five rounds. The only time Aspinall has had a fight longer than 7 minutes, he's lost. What happens when he can't KO Jones? What happens when he can't take Jones down? What happens when the fight goes past the second round and he's got no gas left in the tank?

I just don't see Jones losing by finish to anyone, and if the fight goes 25 minutes, I like Stipe's chances a whole lot better than I like Aspinall's.

Stipe is nothing at this point. In his 40s, hasnt fought since he got knocked out 3 years ago, 1-1 this decade with the win being against a guy who was already in his 40s at the time and retired right after. He hasnt beat anyone other than DC in over SIX YEARS.

He is not even part of the division anymore really. Most likely if he had actually been fighting the last few years he would have multiple losses to multiple opponents by now.

I see the irony. Jones is desperate to fight Stipe because he's old and shot but he's still a famous HW. If he ever fights Aspinall, which I doubt, he'll cheat even more than he usually does.

ngannou would be less of a challenge than gane. Stipe would have given him a good go back in the day - STIPE!!!!

Stipe is a liability till he makes it into the cage. After that he is an easy win.

Legacy wise it matters more for Jones. Let's be honest. If Jones beats Aspinall then people would be screaming he needs to fight Stipe.

No. No one would be screaming for Jones to fight a retired former champion... until Jones wanted it, then certain fans would parrot it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back