These are the top 5 headstrong fighters in the UFC... (Max Holloway + Justin Gaethje included)

big franklin

franklin
@Green
Reaction score
Max Holloway said recently that fighters like Justin Gaethje, KZ and himself are 'the last of a dying breed'. He said that they're fighters who let their fighting do all the talking (unlike Colby Covington).

I agree with Max's sentiment. The era of headstrong fighters is over. Colby wrote the rulebook on rank squatting and now even greats like Jon Jones are deliberately avoiding the best contendors.

Being headstrong essentially means being strong-willed; very determined. What is a 'headstrong fighter'? A headstrong fighter is a fighter who will take on anyone, regardless of how dangerous their opponent is.

Being a champ or having a lossless record doesn't necessarily make a fighter headstrong. Sean is not a headstrong fighter because he demanded a gimme fight against Cheato instead of that goblin Merab. Jon Jones, one of the GOATest fighters of all time, is deliberately avoiding Tom.

All fighters mentioned in my list have a history of taking high risk fights. These are the 5 most headstrong active fighters in the UFC:

1. Max Holloway
2. Justin Gaethje
3. RDA
4. Dustin Poirier
5. Cordy Sandhagen

Refusing to take a fight against someone has absolutely nothing to do with whether a fighter is head strong or not.

even greats like Jon Jones are deliberately avoiding the best contendors
This is dumb. Jones beat Gane like his daddy. He wanted a money fight with Stipe. What's the problem there? You think he's ducking Aspinall? If his pec heals up correctly, he'll clean up Stipe, probably finish off Aspinall, then ride off into the sunset. The man is already 36 or so. Cut him some slack.

"Banger" or "Savage" would be a better term than "headstrong".

They let their fists do the talking, not their cakehole. Words don't mean shit to them.

Back off. I'll take you on.

Headstrong to take on anyone.

I know that you are wrong.
You get a like and mention just for the AV.

That man had zero fear whatsoever. He's the kind of guy you don't want to fight.

When he fucked up Scott Parker....

<{anton}>

You get a like and mention just for the AV.

That man had zero fear whatsoever. He's the kind of guy you don't want to fight.

When he fucked up Scott Parker....

<{anton}>

That's not Bob.

It's Mo!

That's not Bob.

It's Mo!
Oh, fuck sakes. Haven't been wearing my glasses because they are making the headaches worse (suffering through meningitis at the moment).

Saw the Red Wings jersey and the lefts, just assumed.

My bad.

Oh, fuck sakes. Haven't been wearing my glasses because they are making the headaches worse (suffering through meningitis at the moment).

Saw the Red Wings jersey and the lefts, just assumed.

My bad.

Nah I can totally see the similarities. Size, hair, aggression. I love the comparison.

It was Seider's first bout. So happy he proved himself. The left got free and hell started flying.

Some guys are headstrong to a fault, hopefully they have the right people around them to let them know when it's time to take a step back.

Max Holloway said recently that fighters like Justin Gaethje, KZ and himself are 'the last of a dying breed'. He said that they're fighters who let their fighting do all the talking (unlike Colby Covington).

I agree with Max's sentiment. The era of headstrong fighters is over. Colby wrote the rulebook on rank squatting and now even greats like Jon Jones are deliberately avoiding the best contendors.

Being headstrong essentially means being strong-willed; very determined. What is a 'headstrong fighter'? A headstrong fighter is a fighter who will take on anyone, regardless of how dangerous their opponent is.

Being a champ or having a lossless record doesn't necessarily make a fighter headstrong. Sean is not a headstrong fighter because he demanded a gimme fight against Cheato instead of that goblin Merab. Jon Jones, one of the GOATest fighters of all time, is deliberately avoiding Tom.

All fighters mentioned in my list have a history of taking high risk fights. These are the 5 most headstrong active fighters in the UFC:

1. Max Holloway
2. Justin Gaethje
3. RDA
4. Dustin Poirier
5. Cordy Sandhagen

Where's Gilbert Burns on your list? I don't think Gaethje or Poirier should be on this list for taking one fight against a lower ranked prospect when they were coming off a loss. Previously they were avoiding those kind of matchups. Burns has been consistently risking his ranking against up and comers.

ykQhVo.gif

<5>

People have been saying they are the last of a dying breed for forever. It's like a continues flow of extinction it seems.

Back