MMA is safer than boxing myth

The 10-count alone makes MMA safer then boxing lmao. It has nothing to do with the gloves, which only exist to protect the person throwing the punch from breaking their hands. Just let me know when MMA develops a list like this and we can chat
Impressive and saddening list. I think the injury rate might be higher in MMA, but the toll on the brain cells is maybe less.

Barrera vs Morales, they both threw 1200+ punches at each other....mostly to the head.

You have never seen 1200 punches being thrown in a whole MMA fight.
Not only that, but the wrestling negates a lot of damage.

The 10 count also allows a concussed fighter to continue multiple times.

Im not sure you thought this through sir.
Sounds like average childhood in eastern europe

Maybe it's not so much the post that's offensive, but just the mods trying to protectively avoid a few more shit threads for a while.

<seedat>
I rarely make a thread lol. I was just putting my opinion on here. Didn’t know saying “idiot” is so offensive even though it wasn’t directly towards anyone personal

As and ex-boxer, I agree.

If you get knocked-down, and needed 10-count, then you have should have lost that fight.

Never understood the stupidity that.
there are plenty of knockdowns in MMA that do not end the fight, in boxing, they would have time to recover.

the argument for boxing is that it's a longer more drawn out fight, but that's only for top guys, there are 6 round, 8 round, and 10 round fights. You can probably get a more definitive answer by looking at strikes landed, however, the amount of injuries associated with MMA seems higher.

I know this is a troll thread but just in case anybody actually believes this. On the surface, mma looks worse due to the extra powerful tools (head kicks, knees), less padding on gloves, and ability to hit opponent after they go down. However, repeated head blows are actually the biggest culprit in CTE. This occurs in both sports, but for two key reasons boxing allows for it to happen more.

1. The use of a 10 count. This allows a fighter to essentially be KO’d multiple times but continue in the fight and absorb more blows to the head. In mma, you go down and fail to defend generally for a few seconds you’re done meaning less blows absorbed overall.

2. The padding. The padding of boxing gloves means one is able to absorb more blows to the head which as we established is actually worse.

Make no mistake though, both sports are very bad for your brain and neither is safe at all.

The 10-count alone makes MMA safer then boxing lmao. It has nothing to do with the gloves, which only exist to protect the person throwing the punch from breaking their hands. Just let me know when MMA develops a list like this and we can chat
You are correct about the 10 counts. But you are incredibly wrong about the gloves. There is this contrarian narrative going on that because MMA gloves propel more damage than bare hands, that the same logic applies to boxing gloves.
This is retarded BS for people who never sparred.

I rarely make a thread lol. I was just putting my opinion on here. Didn’t know saying “idiot” is so offensive even though it wasn’t directly towards anyone personal

<26>

We've got this thread and then these gems:

"Masvidal could beat Leon Edwards.".
"Will Dana crack down on illegal streaming before UFC 300?".
"Dana White's physique.".
"Once Colby got comfortable he started winning.".
"Will Trump put the belt around Colby's waist if he wins?"
"Judge Judy mocks man with disability."

Among others.

Last edited:
its the 10 count. you get dropped faster with 4oz meaning the fight has much higher chance to end sooner. thick padded gloves are less likely to ko you stiff but still as likely to cause repetitive concussive damage to the brain. its interesting to see guys essentially get ko'd tko'd then come back to win in the same fight and it happens a lot in boxing.

idk if one is truely safer than the other.
More people die boxing but its older, even with it being older still yearly more people die boxing.
there is no denying a full force elbow, knee, shin to the head is way worse than a padded punch but typically when one of these lands clean enough the fight is over there is no 10 count.
you can get a much wider variety of serious injuries in mma or you are more likely to than boxing
i think boxing is more dangerous and it makes it come off as stupid practice compared to mma because it is such a limited rule set for fighting. It is interesting what the progression of only using hands turned into but to me this is only interesting in practice not as a sport when a much more complete version of it already exists.

Barrera vs Morales, they both threw 1200+ punches at each other....mostly to the head.

You have never seen 1200 punches being thrown in a whole MMA fight.
Not only that, but the wrestling negates a lot of damage.

The 10 count also allows a concussed fighter to continue multiple times.

Im not sure you thought this through sir.
sometimes, you gotta reassess things and playing devils advocate, while TS can be seen as inflammatory, I like to reevaluate from time to time.

the volume is more detrimental to boxers.... on paper

however, you have to consider that boxers only protect their head and body, they use much larger gloves, there's a lot more defense involved for less of the whole body and the gloves are also defense tools, which are larger, the target for damage is much smaller.

10 count can be addressed, it's no different from a knockdown, which plenty occur in mma. Chimaev got knocked down by burns, the fight lasted all three, burns got knocked down as well. I recall gastellum got knocked down plenty of times with israel, gray maynard knocked down edgar plenty and lost, kongo barry, the list goes on.

sometimes, you gotta reassess things and playing devils advocate, while TS can be seen as inflammatory, I like to reevaluate from time to time.

the volume is more detrimental to boxers.... on paper

however, you have to consider that boxers only protect their head and body, they use much larger gloves, there's a lot more defense involved for less of the whole body and the gloves are also defense tools, which are larger, the target for damage is much smaller.

10 count can be addressed, it's no different from a knockdown, which plenty occur in mma. Chimaev got knocked down by burns, the fight lasted all three, burns got knocked down as well. I recall gastellum got knocked down plenty of times with israel, gray maynard knocked down edgar plenty and lost, kongo barry, the list goes on.

No MMA fighter has taken as many shots as your average boxer.
The big gloves are also a double edged sword.
They help with defense but also cause swelling in a way that MMA gloves dont.

Many pros and cons but not getting hit as much seems to be better in my eyes sir.

No MMA fighter has taken as many shots as your average boxer.
The big gloves are also a double edged sword.
They help with defense but also cause swelling in a way that MMA gloves dont.

Many pros and cons but not getting hit as much seems to be better in my eyes sir.
that is questionable, if you're a low level pro in either sport, fights get stopped early, if you're top of the game, you can sustain a ton of damage in either sport. I'd say that max holloway has received a lot more damage than many pro boxers

that is questionable, if you're a low level pro in either sport, fights get stopped early, if you're top of the game, you can sustain a ton of damage in either sport. I'd say that max holloway has received a lot more damage than many pro boxers

I can only go by the numbers sir.

Back