MMA is safer than boxing myth

Yeah a 10 count to a hurt fighter is much safer than getting knocked unconscious on the ground or punches while you’re already unconscious….
in MMA, fights are typically stopped at that stage.

In boxing, they're allowed to get up and continue, multiple times.

Again, it's not necessarily the knockout itself which is the biggest contributor but sustained damage over a longer period of time.

The 10 count / 3 knock down rule is the worst for this.

Boxing is worse cause it´s 90% head punches by people who all know to punch. MMA is also kicks to the legs, blocked kicks, submissions. 3 rounds vs 5-12. In mma if you get dropped you get finished with gnp, sometimes it´s a lucky early stoppage or cover up without much damage. In boxing a count allows the fighter to basically quit. But if you keep getting up it means 3 concussions in like 2 minutes, which is the worst.

So the main reason I consider boxing more dangerous is that everyone just practices punching all day and punches you to the head all fight. No grapplers who don´t got power, no submissions.

MMA isn´t much safer but I prioritize brain health the most so boxing is the worst easily.

anyone who believes that is an idiot. MMA gloves are 4 ounces which means more power follows through the punches and leads to more KOs while boxers hide behind huge gloves and don’t get hit nearly as much. Not only do we see more KOs in mma, we see head kick KOs and knees which are far more devastating than just punches. In boxing you have the 10 count while in mma when your knocked down or out the fighter follows you to the ground with extra punches.

MMA is still a young sport so obviously we haven’t seen all the effects of CTE yet.

Thats exactly what makes it more safe you fucking idiot.

The real damage is done in training in either sport.

Boxing and MMA are dangerous and hazardous for the brain either way but the repetition of getting hit in the head is the silent killer. Really depends on the training.

I would say Boxing is more dangerous because I’ve seen guys YOUNG that just train boxing with slurred speech.

Imagine not even going pro and you already have slurred speech.

It depends on your skill and atributes honestly. For some boxing is safer then mma and vice versa.

The sport isn't safer per say the structure and rules are. As many have noted the 10 count is especially egregious. The way boxing is set up finishing someone means they have to take a sustained beating long after the fight ceases to be competitive. In MMA if someone is unable to defend themselves for more than a moment or two that a wrap.

i just got this “double yellow card” for calling people “idiots”. I see ppl use the word idiots all the time and even worse. Do they just pick and choose to allow to say stuff

TS is about to power slap himself into some dubs so he can't make threads for a while.
Why not delete this post then since it’s so “offensive” I see ppl call others idiots all the time on here. It’s not like this was some political post. You deemed the post “offensive” but yet you leave it up?

The 10-count alone makes MMA safer then boxing lmao. It has nothing to do with the gloves, which only exist to protect the person throwing the punch from breaking their hands. Just let me know when MMA develops a list like this and we can chat
on the flip side, added bonus shots like the hendo bomb, late stoppages like bobby green turner, and general knockdowns that are given time to recover from additional ground and pound, that doesnt happen in boxing.

many panic wrestling scenarios are essentially equal to standing 10 counts, but changed to grappling under those circumstances. The damage is done, the fight is still continuing.

I'll talk to the mods, hang in there bud
What I said was very light compared to what o see on here lol. Just kind of bizarre in way. I must’ve had an opinion one of the mods didn’t agree with in another post so they’re trying to find a reason to ban me. The dude gave me this “infraction” yet doesn’t remove the post that was supposedly offensive

I know he's a troll account, but that doesn't mean all of his apparent idiocy and points are actually the exact opposite of the dumb shit he says.

Guy definitely can't define "Power" without a Google first trying to tell us how gloves work makes it seem like he's too dumb to understand what he's watching

Why not delete this post then since it’s so “offensive” I see ppl call others idiots all the time on here. It’s not like this was some political post. You deemed the post “offensive” but yet you leave it up?
Maybe it's not so much the post that's offensive, but just the mods trying to proactively avoid a few more shit threads for a while.

<seedat>

Last edited:
What I said was very light compared to what o see on here lol. Just kind of bizarre in way. I must’ve had an opinion one of the mods didn’t agree with in another post so they’re trying to find a reason to ban me. The dude gave me this “infraction” yet doesn’t remove the post that was supposedly offensive
World is unfair place but sherdog is even worse

anyone who believes that is an idiot. MMA gloves are 4 ounces which means more power follows through the punches and leads to more KOs while boxers hide behind huge gloves and don’t get hit nearly as much. Not only do we see more KOs in mma, we see head kick KOs and knees which are far more devastating than just punches. In boxing you have the 10 count while in mma when your knocked down or out the fighter follows you to the ground with extra punches.

MMA is still a young sport so obviously we haven’t seen all the effects of CTE yet.

Barrera vs Morales, they both threw 1200+ punches at each other....mostly to the head.

You have never seen 1200 punches being thrown in a whole MMA fight.
Not only that, but the wrestling negates a lot of damage.

The 10 count also allows a concussed fighter to continue multiple times.

Im not sure you thought this through sir.

Yeah a 10 count to a hurt fighter is much safer than getting knocked unconscious on the ground or punches while you’re already unconscious….
It's the accumulated damage over many fights. Having pillows on your fists doesn't stop the brain from getting knocked around. Take that with 10 counts for kds, and standing eight counts and boxing is a ton more damaging to the brain than MMA.

Back