Boxer are way better strikers than MMA fighters

If it is just straight boxing yes, but you incorporate kicks no. I'd take Israel Adesanya, MVP, O'Malley over any boxer in a kickboxing match.

In other breaking news ......... Water is wet

An elite boxer will often have a perfect resume or close to it, which means that if he is better than another boxer, there is almost no way he can lose to him

While in MMA, you saw that during Adesanya Poatan fights, a fight can turn from one side to another with just one punch, because mma fighters have worse technique than boxer, they just throw and if it land it can be over, of course the smaller gloves helps but i mean, there is a part of randomness in mma this is why izzy got caught at their first fight then caught poatan in the second, they are mostly brawlers, not snipers, and they have bad defense comparing to boxers

DISCUSS
It doesn't follow that boxers are more skilled because of the reason you stated. You could put all the boxers together under Queensberry rules, except with no gloves, and I strongly suspect this characteristic that you speak of (superior boxers almost always being victorious over inferior boxers) would greatly diminish. This is because of what I'll call 'chaos theory'. No human performs unfailingly consistent to the level of his skill. There will be moments when he will lapse and have a slip. I'm sure the worlds best juggler drops a ball every once in a while. In a professional boxing match, the better boxer will almost always get hit to some degree by the inferior boxer. Obviously, the more damage each strike has the potential of inflicting, the odds of the inferior fighter landing a significant strike that seriously damages his opponent goes up. It goes without saying MMA strikes are overall more devastating than solely punches with 10oz gloves. In boxing, since each individual strike is padded, and only punches, a more consistent performance over the course of the entire fight is more likely to be needed for the victory than a single shot. Of course there are exceptions to that. I'm talking about under the law of averages.

Jesus, TS is on fire today. Stop creating trash threads

An elite boxer will often have a perfect resume or close to it
Stopped reading right there.

Either you are stupid and dont know how boxing works or you think everyone else doesnt know how it works.

Missing the point anyway.

Its all about putting it all together.

You do the right thing at the right time you turn it all upside down and anything is possible

a1bc7b2fc5e7edab6a1b14be2474ff46.gif

TS found MMA yesterday and is a purple belt today.

He's going to be the greatest poster of all time.

Reactions: HHJ
TS doesn't know the difference between kickboxing and boxing.

Floyd said he would meet Conor in the cage for their 2nd fight. Where's the smoke?
UFC couldn't pay Floyd enough money, thats where it is.

99% of the time i think an mma fighter beats a boxer but i think anthony joshua kos nnganou in an an mma match. - mighty mouse has the same opinion.

i dont think nnganous poor wrestling and attempts to clinch would cause AJ too much issue if AJ trained take down defence for a year.

There are plenty of MMA fighters who are better boxers than real boxers. Prime Anderson probably beats majority of the top 10 boxers.

99% of the time i think an mma fighter beats a boxer but i think anthony joshua kos nnganou in an an mma match. - mighty mouse has the same opinion.

i dont think nnganous poor wrestling and attempts to clinch would cause AJ too much issue if AJ trained take down defence for a year.
Fury's unorthodox,clinch heavy approach wasnt a good style against Ngannou.

AJ's orthodox boxing approach exposed all his deficiencies, plus they could study tape on what Francis did against Fury

Sure if you only allow punching and also limit when and where you can punch someone and put pillows on their hands

You mean guys that rely only on striking to win fights tend to be better strikers than people who have to learn everything?

This is truly groundbreaking. I look forward to your future revelations.

Any responses beyond these two answers should purely be to throw shade in TS's direction. Let the laughing stock parade begin.

TS found MMA yesterday and is a purple belt today.

He's going to be the greatest poster of all time.

joker and here we go.gif

Mixed martial artists are better fighters than boxers. It balances out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back