Social Kathy Hochul New York governor "Blacks" don't know what a computer is

It's a nineteen billion dollar project and two billion dollars worth went to MWBE firms. Who's being blocked?

I've been looking at articles about this and the predictable racist backlash is evident in the comments.

That's what actually occurs through... I'm on large projects like this currently and for the past 25 years, here's every possible outcome:

1. MWBE companies are initially awared contracts only to fuck the projects up and lose them 1/4 through the project which is then awareded to a company experienced and competent enough to fix it which costs twice as much as the initial contract.

2. Man transfers ownership of company to wife and company becomes WBE (legit every single WBE in NYS).

3. Minority company not competent enough to do the project is awarded bid and then outsources the work to me and keeps 5% extra they tacted on for themselves.

4. Rich Middle Easterners get MBE designation and get awared contract, outsource all the office work back to India and then underpay workers which they brought to the US who are indentured to them. Or outsource the onsite work to a white owned company.

5. Or that $2B dollars will be entirely spent on building materials bought through a MWBE front man/woman that does nothing accept put their name on an invoice for a small % or yearly flat fee.

Either way the Port Authority is going to get $1.8B worth of work for a $2B price tag paid for bytax payer money (so they don't really care anyways).

Plus they get to have a nifty press conference which makes people like you feel great by patting your head and rubbing your belly!

Cheers

I'll be on the project...

It's a nineteen billion dollar project and two billion dollars worth went to MWBE firms. Who's being blocked?

I've been looking at articles about this and the predictable racist backlash is evident in the comments.
Is this a serious post?

https://www.6sqft.com/port-authority-seems-local-minority-vendors-jfk-airport-new-terminal-one/
"URW has begun community outreach in search of vendors interested in setting up shop in the new terminal, with a focus on local-, women-, and minority-owned businesses. Those interested in learning more about the opportunities can attend two virtual information sessions:"

And making judgements based off online anonymous comments lol. With all the foreign troll farming bots and people that like to be a-holes online.

Some kid the other day told me he hopes my whole family dies, did he really mean that, and would he be like that in person?

Don't go full gimmick, keep your blurring the lines trolling gimmick. It's better.

Is this a serious post?

https://www.6sqft.com/port-authority-seems-local-minority-vendors-jfk-airport-new-terminal-one/
"URW has begun community outreach in search of vendors interested in setting up shop in the new terminal, with a focus on local-, women-, and minority-owned businesses. Those interested in learning more about the opportunities can attend two virtual information sessions:"

And making judgements based off online anonymous comments lol. With all the foreign troll farming bots and people that like to be a-holes online.

Some kid the other day told me he hopes my whole family dies, did he really mean that, and would he be like that in person?

Don't go full gimmick, keep your blurring the lines trolling gimmick. It's better.

Yes, it's a serious post. So are the numbers I put up that completely shut down the "white vendors blocked" narrative. So are the racist comments I quoted.

You think racist comments online are bots? And you're asking ME if I'm serious? I hear people say that shit every day and I'm in Canada, America is an order of magnitude more racist than we are. Our most prominent racists are funded by Americans and when they eventually banned for hate speech in Canada they inevitably move to the States, like that preacher who promoted the message that homosexuals had to be exterminated. He was defended by the Proud Boys and when Antifa protested and a brawl happened, conservative media sold the story that Antifa attacked a peaceful congregation and didn't even mention that the Proud Boys were there. Or what that congregation was celebrating. Or that the preacher had dared Antifa to come knowing there would be a brawl with the Proud Boys.

When we say white supremacy is alive and well, and you handwave it, remember that you're a part of it. You reflexively repost and defend racist and misogynist media on a daily basis. You don't think about any of this stuff, you just instantly promote the messaging (as long as it's attacking black people, women, or trans folk). While I obviously reject what that kid said to you as reprehensible and unacceptable, I'm not surprised considering how much hate you regularly churn out. That stuff always comes home.

Who's fault is that?

Democrats have been running the Big Blue Cities going on 4-5 decades now

If I didn't know any better... It seems Democrats hand out just enough scraps in entitlements to keeps black voters blue. Many of these neighborhoods are worse now.

You know how Democrats hate it when they escape the hood and aren't dependent on welfare policies anymore. And possibly start voting Red.

main-qimg-cbcf6f56313a6893f2d25fcf20dc41d6

This diatribe has nothing to do with me.

This quote from Biden has nothing to do with her.

Big blue cities? Dems? What???

This lady wasn't saying black people are too dumb to use computers. She's saying they don't have the education/resources/socioecnomics etc to even know what the fuck one is when other kids of different races (and therefore resources) do

What the FUCK do you people want? To be as offended as wokist leftists or to try to draw some conclusion of inconsistency of those people??

Her quote

"We didn't' want to have anyone in the community saying that no one on that project looks like us...." hmmm... that sounds racist as fuck to me. But you do you with your self hating white guilt.

Fuck off defending this shit.

Forcing MWBE participation is what real systematic racism looks like.

It's tax payer money. Projects should be awarded to the lowest qualified bidders. Emphasis on qualified

Instead, tax payers have to pay more to often non-qualified contractors to meet unrealistic goals. And most of these projects required specialized technical experience. Especially in the Water Treatment industry where i work. These goals are unrealistic and end up costing everyone more money.

Ask me how I know...

I've lived in this world for 25 years and MWBE policies are some of the shadiest shit around.

And what's more funny... There are qualified minority owned subcontractors, but they don't bother with getting their MBE's. Because working with these government agencies is giant pain in the ass. And when you find a qualified subcontractor in my field, you don't give two shits whether their white, brown, black or whatever. I've begged them to get their MBE's... not a chance. My current company owner is hispanic... He has zero desire to be bothered.

Then you have to by-pass on some these subcontractors even if they're low bidders because of these shit programs. Try building a water plant with a complex controls system and you're forced to use a Commercial Electrician to meet an arbitrary goal.... because that electrician has their MBE and the 3 or 5 industrial electricians who know what they're doing don't bother because they're still get plenty of work.

Or you have a pick a MBE commercial painter who doesn't know shit about sand blasting and specialized industrial coatings... Then you have to pay to fix their fuck ups when rust bleeds through and coatings end up falling off.

I could go on and on....

But you go on with your virtue signaling when you have zero idea what you're talking about.

Her quote

"We didn't' want to have anyone in the community saying that no one on that project looks like us...." hmmm... that sounds racist as fuck to me. But you do you with your self hating white guilt.

Fuck off defending this shit.

Forcing MWBE participation is what real systematic racism looks like.

It's tax payer money. Projects should be awarded to the lowest qualified bidders. Emphasis on qualified

Instead, tax payers have to pay more to often non-qualified contractors to meet unrealistic goals. And most of these projects required specialized technical experience. Especially in the Water Treatment industry where i work. These goals are unrealistic and end up costing everyone more money.

Ask me how I know...

I've lived in this world for 25 years and MWBE policies are some of the shadiest shit around.

And what's more funny... There are qualified minority owned subcontractors, but they don't bother with getting their MBE's. Because working with these government agencies is giant pain in the ass. And when you find a qualified subcontractor in my field, you don't give two shits whether their white, brown, black or whatever. I've begged them to get their MBE's... not a chance. My current company owner is hispanic... He has zero desire to be bothered.

Then you have to by-pass on some these subcontractors even if they're low bidders because of these shit programs. Try building a water plant with a complex controls system and you're forced to use a Commercial Electrician to meet an arbitrary goal.... because that electrician has their MBE and the 3 or 5 industrial electricians who know what they're doing don't bother because they're still get plenty of work.

Or you have a pick a MBE commercial painter who doesn't know shit about sand blasting and specialized industrial coatings... Then you have to pay to fix their fuck ups when rust bleeds through and coatings end up falling off.

I could go on and on....

But you go on with your virtue signaling when you have zero idea what you're talking about.

They aren't forcing anything or blocking anyone, only 10% of the funding meets their criteria. That means even looking for minorities, 90% went to others.

And how is what she said racist? If you built an American stadium and all of the workers were Chinese, you'd scream bloody murder.

She didn't say everyone had to look like them, she said it couldn't be NOBODY looking like them. Is even that a bridge too far?

I never start these outrage threads even when I find deplorable stuff, it's always you guys. I mention them where appropriate but I'm never the one making a huge deal out of it.

Go on and tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about, I've managed construction workers a long time. I'm hard pressed to think of a more tribal group. I'm not talking white people being racist, I'm talking about every group only trusting members of their own tribe. I was recently moved to a different facility to increase productivity. The Filipinos don't trust the black guys who don't trust the white guys who don't trust the Chinese guys.

As a card-carrying progressive it's pretty frustrating but I don't talk about race at work, ever. I try and get the groups to work together as best they can. If someone has a beef, I work out the specific issue, not the motivations.

If you have experience running groups, haven't you seen the truth in that?

Anyways, I think this issue is being WAY overblown.

They aren't forcing anything or blocking anyone, only 10% of the funding meets their criteria. That means even looking for minorities, 90% went to others.

And how is what she said racist? If you built an American stadium and all of the workers were Chinese, you'd scream bloody murder.

She didn't say everyone had to look like them, she said it couldn't be NOBODY looking like them. Is even that a bridge too far?

I never start these outrage threads even when I find deplorable stuff, it's always you guys. I mention them where appropriate but I'm never the one making a huge deal out of it.

Go on and tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about, I've managed construction workers a long time. I'm hard pressed to think of a more tribal group. I'm not talking white people being racist, I'm talking about every group only trusting members of their own tribe. I was recently moved to a different facility to increase productivity. The Filipinos don't trust the black guys who don't trust the white guys who don't trust the Chinese guys.

As a card-carrying progressive it's pretty frustrating but I don't talk about race at work, ever. I try and get the groups to work together as best they can. If someone has a beef, I work out the specific issue, not the motivations.

If you have experience running groups, haven't you seen the truth in that?

Anyways, I think this issue is being WAY overblown.

This post is arguing something different than what she is talking about in the video. She's speaking about the racial/gender designations of the ownership of the companies (without saying it) that are awarded the bids. Not their employees.

Yes, it's a serious post. So are the numbers I put up that completely shut down the "white vendors blocked" narrative. So are the racist comments I quoted.

You think racist comments online are bots? And you're asking ME if I'm serious? I hear people say that shit every day and I'm in Canada, America is an order of magnitude more racist than we are. Our most prominent racists are funded by Americans and when they eventually banned for hate speech in Canada they inevitably move to the States, like that preacher who promoted the message that homosexuals had to be exterminated. He was defended by the Proud Boys and when Antifa protested and a brawl happened, conservative media sold the story that Antifa attacked a peaceful congregation and didn't even mention that the Proud Boys were there. Or what that congregation was celebrating. Or that the preacher had dared Antifa to come knowing there would be a brawl with the Proud Boys.

When we say white supremacy is alive and well, and you handwave it, remember that you're a part of it. You reflexively repost and defend racist and misogynist media on a daily basis. You don't think about any of this stuff, you just instantly promote the messaging (as long as it's attacking black people, women, or trans folk). While I obviously reject what that kid said to you as reprehensible and unacceptable, I'm not surprised considering how much hate you regularly churn out. That stuff always comes home.
You’re so out of touch with reality lol, you have no idea about threat actors and bot farming aka zombie networks. You think anonymous online rants and comments are representatives of people in general . I’m sure you got some proof of USA funding racism in Canada. I didn’t have a mic on I killed the mod in a video game online and he screamed that. I’m guessing this is you’re only online interaction you are very out of touch

You’re so out of touch with reality lol, you have no idea about threat actors and bot farming aka zombie networks. You think anonymous online rants and comments are representatives of people in general . I’m sure you got some proof of USA funding racism in Canada. I didn’t have a mic on I killed the mod in a video game online and he screamed that. I’m guessing this is you’re only online interaction you are very out of touch

Whatever you say, chief. You're the one regurgitating nothing but bullshit from the worst conservative pundits daily, but I'm the out of touch partisan.

There's no point in giving you proof because your partisan lens will only let you see bullshit, but look into who funded the Canadian Freedom Convoy, who led that convoy, what their goals were, and how American conservative media mobilized when the funds were frozen.

Pro tip: Pay attention to the name they tried to conceal for the account receiving all the donations. Yeah, it was the guy who said Trudeau should catch a bullet.

Back